Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is it in a nutshell. You'll play when I'm convinced you get what I want from you and not before. It's what Liverpool used to do, remember them signing Rush from Chester or someone and sticking him into the reserves for a season until he was ready to play their way.

Emerson may be pony going forward but Conte is a pragmatist and wants defensive solidity first (if he has to choose) and lots of hard work from his players.

When Spence does get the nod and hopefully plays well, some will say 'should've thrown him in earlier', but it's this stage now, behind the scenes, where's he's learning what's expected tactically and in terms or workrate and attitude that is getting him ready for that moment.
Royal is not even that good defensively ! His generally well off the pace and stands off players giving them plenty of space. No idea how he fits any of the criteria already mentioned about new players being ready. If he was a new player he’d never see the light of day, you’d hope!

Royal is not even that good defensively ! His generally well off the pace and stands off players giving them plenty of space. No idea how he fits any of the criteria already mentioned about new players being ready. If he was a new player he’d never see the light of day, you’d hope!
He's decent in my opinion, doesn't get done 1v1 very often and has an engine too so can recover. Ideally we'd have someone better of course.

Just think Conte sees him as more reliable defensively than Doherty or Spence atm.

doesn't get done 1v1 very often
One trick pony , he doesn't let many get past him when the opposition winger tries to make a run hugging the sideline. He uses his physicality and speed to force the winger out of the playing area.
Hasn't done much otherwise.
He is pretty useless working as a unit with the rest of the CBs, especially deadball situations

Spence and Udogie would hopefully become mainstays on the wings next season
With Sessegnon, Perisic and Doherty also available?

This seems, again, a little like clamoring for shiny, new things and praise for the non-participants, which we gave a tendency to do as supporters. Those two may (or may not) be good enough to start next season but to dismiss a world-class player like Perisic in favor of an untested teen seems inappropriate.

I feel like we did this before with Rodon, who, in hindsight, maybe just wasn’t good enough to start.

With Sessegnon, Perisic and Doherty also available?

This seems, again, a little like clamoring for shiny, new things and praise for the non-participants, which we gave a tendency to do as supporters. Those two may (or may not) be good enough to start next season but to dismiss a world-class player like Perisic in favor of an untested teen seems inappropriate.

I feel like we did this before with Rodon, who, in hindsight, maybe just wasn’t good enough to start.
Perisic may have one more season in his tank at the max , so he may very well become an impact sub next season

It is wishful thinking but hoping that Spence and Udogie are quality and the club certainly do need better starting wing backs than doherty and sess if the ambitions are to be matched.

Sess seems more of an attacking option than a wing back though the more you see him play.

At this point it all just feels like a giant piss take.
Did it to Bergwijn until it pissed him off and he fucked off. Could have done with a player like him today. Someone who doesn't have a trampoline first touch, and learned to put the ball in the back of the just in time to fuck off back to clogland.

Did it to Bergwijn until it pissed him off and he fucked off. Could have done with a player like him today. Someone who doesn't have a trampoline first touch, and learned to put the ball in the back of the just in time to fuck off back to clogland.
he scored some good goals for forest too

has a good shot on him, probably our fastest wing back

It's fucking bullshit, and conte needs to stop being a little bitch about this.

He's Levy's buy-in...ok...I think Baldy has got the message, now, and won't interfere anymore.

Now, just play the fucking guy ffs.

Esports Reaction GIF by Fnatic

Back
Top Bottom