The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just keep it swingin', baby. ☝️ 👍

My apologies, I didn't mean to offend you, but there really are more important things to do with this thread.

Unfortunately, I was probably the one who really fueled the "discussion" about less important things.

I feel warned!

But let's end this discussion here, we're probably bothering other users too!

OK?!

My apologies, I didn't mean to offend you, but there really are more important things to do with this thread.

Unfortunately, I was probably the one who really fueled the "discussion" about less important things.

I feel warned!

But let's end this discussion here, we're probably bothering other users too!

OK?!

LOL. I know who Richie Blackmore is.

He's the guy who looks like the guitarist from Black Sabbath.

Also:

NhEJfo3.jpg

Tony Iommi?

As it is.

That's wonderful Roy, but like Neville, Linekar and all the rest, you could have stayed at home and used the platform the game has afforded you to boycott it.

....And seeing as ITV see fit to clip and re-tweet his comments, they could have opted to take a stand too.

That's wonderful Roy, but like Neville, Linekar and all the rest, you could have stayed at home and used the platform the game has afforded you to boycott it.

....And seeing as ITV see fit to clip and re-tweet his comments, they could have opted to take a stand too.
That's like blaming a war reporter for being in a war zone. He has a platform and is using it in a much more useful way than staying at home and being replaced by Martin O'Neil.

I take your point but the WC is happening irrespective so using his platform very publicly seems pretty decent to me.

I wonder if the German stance (and taking FIFA to court) is more to do with sponsors leaving them than any sense of 'doing what is right'?

Any/all friction is welcome tbh...... But yeh I otherwise doubt the various FAs want to rock the boat too much... Much like the English FA, a lot of it will be about optics and covering all bases. They'd have all stepped up months ago otherwise.

Last edited:
I take your point but the WC is happening irrespective so using his platform very publicly seems pretty decent to me.

Ultimately I'm not gonna seek to point the finger at any one group (players, FA, pundits, media) or individual (apart from utter whores like Beckham); but collectively we're being let down.... Strong, opposition could have made a difference, but nobody really stepped up to the plate......

All the biggest noise surrounded the corruption of the bidding process which was underpinned with a massive amount of self-serving "We wanted that" sentiment.

Back
Top Bottom