Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm really excited by the prospect of Eriksen. With the huge splash on Lamela I was originally thinking he was going to be the one that we would have to rely on for that spark going forward, but the more I see and hear of Eriksen the more I think we've played a blinder bringing this lad in. Could really change the way we attack teams, especially when we inevitably face the wall of 10 that teams will deploy.

Lamela was the big name signing to replace Bale, with the added bonus of youth, rate of trajectory, familiar with 4-3-3, and Baldini helping out his old club. Eriksen is the solution for creativity, as the problem came from the center of the field.

To me, it was about 50% before he signed saying he is way too slow and small and not good enough to play for spurs. Now seemingly 100% he is not too slow or too small and is will be one of our better players... I'm hoping that its not that he signed for spurs he's amazing, its that he signed for spurs so are going to support him. Was in school at the time of the game, couldn't see it. I have no idea really what to expect.

To me, it was about 50% before he signed saying he is way too slow and small and not good enough to play for spurs. Now seemingly 100% he is not too slow or too small and is will be one of our better players... I'm hoping that its not that he signed for spurs he's amazing, its that he signed for spurs so are going to support him. Was in school at the time of the game, couldn't see it. I have no idea really what to expect.

He's two inches taller than Modric and Cazorla, the notion that he's too small for the CAM spot is ridiculous. The only position on the pitch where it's far preferable to be under six foot.

I haven't really watched him before. Now that I have done, he looks great.

He's two inches taller than Modric and Cazorla, the notion that he's too small for the CAM spot is ridiculous. The only position on the pitch where it's far preferable to be under six foot.
The whole 'too small' thing is a ridiculous notion in the modern game. The current world and European Champions are the shortest team in Europe!

Short people will never be able to play football properly coz they can't get in da mix an get bullied of da ball
Diego-Maradona-of-Tottenh-008.jpg

Excellent. Atleast we know AVB is looking at using him.

My personal first 11

Lloris

Kaboul Chrichis Vertonghen Rose

Dembele Sandro Paulinho

Eriksen

Lamela Soldado

That for me gives us plenty of strength in midfield with Eriksen providing the creativity and Lamela up top supporting Soldado so he's not so isolated. I'm getting a little fed up of Kyle Walker to be fair and feel Kaboul will be so much better at right back than he is currently.

Give naughton a shout? You never know, a run of games and he could be solid.

AVB on Eriksen

“What we did in the transfer market is in the expectancy of these players becoming world stars,” said the head coach. “I think what happened with Christian is a bit like what happened with Van der Vaart and Sneijder when they were at Ajax.

“They reached a moment in their careers where they became extremely important for the team, and the club that goes there and gets them makes a great transfer move, and we expect great things of Christian Eriksen. We would like to develop him into becoming that type of important player for us as well.

“Will he be in the line-up this weekend? There is a big possibility but it’s not a certainty yet.

Back
Top Bottom