FA Cup : The road to victory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This fella obviously wouldn't swap Parrot for Kane!

'....Fancy us to cause an ‘upset’.

Wont be an upset for me, Conte aside, Spurs are absolutely diabolical.

If I see Kane and Dier on the teamsheet ill bet us to win. Genuinely.

See anyone on the ground giving Kane absolutely loads, you know who it is. Cost England 3 major trophies.

2018 World Cup - Didnt square it to Sterling, missed an open net.

2020 Euros - Bottled a Semi penalty but got a lucky tap in, no showed a final.

2022 World Cup - Skied a penalty at a key point of the game......'

Villa fielded only 2 of the same outfield players that played against us. They had one sent off at 85 minutes which resulted in a penalty, then Stevenage scored in the 88th minute while Villa had 10 men.

Comparisons to the Villa side we played dont really stand up.
So what were they saving them for? Europe, League Cup, oh no not in them. Push for Europe next season? or relegation battle. Makes no sense especially as now have free week. Even so we only played 3 of the same 10 from previous game.

Last edited:
So. Chelsea, Brentford, Newcastle Palace, Villa, Forest and Bournemouth all Prem teams out. We assume Woolwich will beat Oxford tomorrow, which means they get City next round so 1 of those will be out. Liverpool have a tough away replay at Wolves. This honestly could be our best ever chance of a trophy getting knocked out in the semis for many years
sorted 👍

Why do they draw the next round before the 3rd round was even complete?

I get it if it goes to a replay, but why draw the 4th round when only half the games had been played. Specifically, City Chelsea and Oxford Woolwich hadn’t been played yet.

It gives teams an advantage if they know who they will play 2 rounds from now and other teams don’t know. For example, Woolwich may rest their full squad today knowing they’ll have to go to city even if they win. Teams that played Saturday didn’t have this option of knowing who theyd play in a potential 4th rd.

It just doesn’t make sense not to just wait an extra day or two to do the draw.

So what were they saving them for? Europe, League Cup, oh no not in them. Push for Europe next season? or relegation battle. Makes no sense especially as now have free week. Even so we only played 3 of the same 10 from previous game.

Yes we also rotated a lot of players. But Villa fielded their best team against us and not against Stevenage. So there is no comparison. Saying....how come Stevenage can beat Villa but we can't or words to that effect is not a true measure.

Yes we also rotated a lot of players. But Villa fielded their best team against us and not against Stevenage. So there is no comparison. Saying....how come Stevenage can beat Villa but we can't or words to that effect is not a true measure.
I agree, but my point perhaps not made well was why did Villa play such a weak team as they do not have any other cup matches and they have suffered for it. When I was growing up the record number of F A Cup matches was held by Villa but they have not won it since.

I agree, but my point perhaps not made well was why did Villa play such a weak team as they do not have any other cup matches and they have suffered for it. When I was growing up the record number of F A Cup matches was held by Villa but they have not won it since.
I did wonder why too. I can only come up with giving fringe players a chance, protecting PL first 11 players from injury and not having much interest in the FA Cup.

This fella obviously wouldn't swap Parrot for Kane!

'....Fancy us to cause an ‘upset’.

Wont be an upset for me, Conte aside, Spurs are absolutely diabolical.

If I see Kane and Dier on the teamsheet ill bet us to win. Genuinely.

See anyone on the ground giving Kane absolutely loads, you know who it is. Cost England 3 major trophies.

2018 World Cup - Didnt square it to Sterling, missed an open net.

2020 Euros - Bottled a Semi penalty but got a lucky tap in, no showed a final.

2022 World Cup - Skied a penalty at a key point of the game......'

What a fucking weirdo

The PNE forum is getting a bit lairy now 😳

I know they've played a lot of CL football lately but I wouldn't class them as a bigger club than the likes of West Ham, Everton, and Villa personally.

The PNE forum is getting a bit lairy now 😳

I know they've played a lot of CL football lately but I wouldn't class them as a bigger club than the likes of West Ham, Everton, and Villa personally.

I'm waiting for the inevitable "We've won more league titles than them > we're the bigger club" zinger.

Back
Top Bottom