FA Cup : The road to victory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Draw Monday 19:00 on BBC1.

Are at the mercy of TV (again) whether we play on Tuesday or Wednesday, which means that the Chelsea match could be put back to Saturday?
I think all 5th round games are on the Weds - I might be wrong there.

EDIT: Also that Chavs game needs to stay on the Sun as the Sat I'm meeting the parents of one of my daughter's partner. Things are getting pretty serious.

EDIT: Also that Chavs game needs to stay on the Sun as the Sat I'm meeting the parents of one of my daughter's partner. Things are getting pretty serious.
It's definitely getting serious if it starts affecting important things like football.

I don't think so. I think it's Tuesday and Wednesday and possibly even Thursday.

This could be bollocks, but Dr. Google came up with:

"The FA announced at the start of the season that the 2022/23 FA Cup Fifth Round will commence from March 1, 2023, with the draw taking place on Monday, January 30.

The change to a midweek fixture window for the tournament's Round of 16 is required due to a backlog of domestic matches following the 2022 World Cup.

BBC and ITV hold the rights to televise matches in the UK, with the eight games expected to be spread across four days."

Four days FFS!

I don't think so. I think it's Tuesday and Wednesday and possibly even Thursday.

This could be bollocks, but Dr. Google came up with:

"The FA announced at the start of the season that the 2022/23 FA Cup Fifth Round will commence from March 1, 2023, with the draw taking place on Monday, January 30.

The change to a midweek fixture window for the tournament's Round of 16 is required due to a backlog of domestic matches following the 2022 World Cup.

BBC and ITV hold the rights to televise matches in the UK, with the eight games expected to be spread across four days."

Four days FFS!
Ah right, that makes sense. I think then that the Wolves game (not on TV) could be moved to the Sunday?

We are the only televised PL game that day, due to the Caramel cup final.

Sky won't want their 'Super Sunday' disrupted and will tell the FA/BBC/ITV to piss off I would imagine.
So MU will be playing on that Sunday and if we draw them, the BBC will say that is fair to both siudes and we end up playing it Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom