Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

it would get the donkey off his back about not winning anything, but it's a poor way to win a trophy.

But anyway most analysts say the most extreme punishment the prem would ever apply is a points deduction and fine in the current season when they are actually fully found guilty, so maybe next year. no retrospective action.

be extra funny if they won the league off Woolwich now with it out there that they are cheating :contelol:
Actually think United might be in better condition to chase them now, probably don't quite have enough..but City look very jaded. Losing Cancelo is a pretty big deal. If we were 4/5 points better off we'd be in the hunt as well. Woolwich are a good side but I think they'll drop enough points to be caught, if somebody is up to catching them.

You've got to love the arrrogance of some of these City fans. Its up there with the dippers and Chavs:

'Bottle of Stella in hand mate, I'm fucking fuming, all the way to the High Court this if that nerdy ponce finds us guilty. The Premier League has shit on the team who has driven the quality of their product and increased its world wide audience. These are thunderbastards, make no mistake.'​

Basically saying that because as they've won loads since being financially doped, they should be let off, because they've made the Premier League what it is.

:dembelefingers:
These morons forget the PL was already massive when they were pissing around in the old Divisions One and Two.

It's incredible to watch the weapons grade delusion of city fans in real time. Conspiracy, jealousy, racism, blah blah blah.

City's financial doping is clear as day. Might as well claim the earth is flat.

Actually think United might be in better condition to chase them now, probably don't quite have enough..but City look very jaded. Losing Cancelo is a pretty big deal. If we were 4/5 points better off we'd be in the hunt as well. Woolwich are a good side but I think they'll drop enough points to be caught, if somebody is up to catching them.
If the fucking idiots didn't concede a last minute winner at the Library they'd be right up there. But then again, who are we to speak... Our captain gifted the scum 6 points this season...

Did I read somewhere that they can't appeal this?

If so they are absolutely fucked, they have broken over 100 rules, absolutely no way they are getting away with this.

Quite annoying that the start seems to be aligning or Woolwich as well but it is what is is. 🤷‍♀️

But this is something we've all been asking for, they've been getting away with so much shit that EVERYONE has known about but I always despaired at the fact that no-one could essentially do anything about it and the media seemingly turned a blind eye to it but at least there's some hope that the authorities are actually acting on clubs that cheat they system.
Can't appeal via CAS, they have always threatened any punishment they will appeal via legal courts if the don't succeed in sporting

As some have said, I see this less about punishing City and more about reigning in Chavs and Newcastle.

The punishment has to be a deterrent to those and any other sportwashers thinking of entering the league.

Relegate them. Transfer ban. European ban. Sorted.
If the Chavs don't end up in court in 3-4 years time over their spending this season I will be fucking amazed, theres no way they've spent 600m with barely any outgoings legally. Either that or they cant make a transfer for about 2 years apart from sales because surely with FFP running on a 3 year scale they must have a huge hole in their accounts to fill with sales, and no fucker in Europe is buying atm. Wouldn't be surprised to see them lose the likes of Kante, Haavertz, Ziyech et Al leaving on frees at the end of their respective contracts.

It has to be a MASSIVE slap. Like, proper sit-down shut up and don't come back until you've sorted yourself out. Anything less than a multi-year transfer ban with relegation is just a joke and they'll be straight back at the top the following season, no lessons learned except how better to cover their arses.

No one in their right minds wants to see the goons win the PL, but city and Chavs need knocking out for the good of the game.

I agree, but just look at Juventus. You would have thought that they would learn their lesson years ago, but apparently not.

I said this was coming a few years ago. Citeh had been desperately trying to keep it away through the courts. I think HMRC need to get involved as well. Also can easily be construed as fraud/ cheating the revenue so CPS could get involved.
The level of cheating is unprecedented in this country. Could see relegation, certainly long transfer bans.

Did I read somewhere that they can't appeal this?

If so they are absolutely fucked, they have broken over 100 rules, absolutely no way they are getting away with this.

Quite annoying that the start seems to be aligning or Woolwich as well but it is what is is. 🤷‍♀️

But this is something we've all been asking for, they've been getting away with so much shit that EVERYONE has known about but I always despaired at the fact that no-one could essentially do anything about it and the media seemingly turned a blind eye to it but at least there's some hope that the authorities are actually acting on clubs that cheat they system.
They can’t appeal through the sporting arbitration process.

They could obviously take the PL to court (perhaps
on competition or financial restraint points) but the burden of evidence would switch to City.

Really do think they are fucked.

Interesting times.

They obviously won’t be relegated but they may be forced to sell players to put their spending where it should be so they may find they have to sell players they don’t want to,
That's if it was just about FFP.

That's just a small part of this. This is just as much if not more about false bookkeeping. Financial fraud.

If it was just FFP this would be done and dusted already.

Back
Top Bottom