Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think they can’t expunge all their results over the last decade.
It would probably effect relegated teams as well as teams at the top.
Most likely a massive fine and maybe expulsion, a bit like rangers ( who committed similar offences )

I don’t think they can’t expunge all their results over the last decade.
It would probably effect relegated teams as well as teams at the top.
Most likely a massive fine and maybe expulsion, a bit like rangers ( who committed similar offences )
Rangers didn't do anything illegal. They were just horribly run and went bankrupt.

A pretty chastening day for Coach Pochettino. Brendan Rodgers and Ole Gunnar Solakjaer have just become league winning managers. Even Ryan Mason has won a League Cup. Pochettino still the nearly man though.

Relegation won’t happen. If it did City would leave and start the super league with the Italian and Spanish teams, plus the likes of Chelsea after they got relegated a couple years later.
I doubt they would. Real and Barca would see this as the first step in Neutering of the PL's financial power. These charges are serious and could affect the PL's revenue going forward.

If found guilty, I wonder would any clubs sue City, ala Sheffield Utd vs Wet Spam.

If you exclude all Man City's results from the league since 2010, then they've potentially cost us a Champions League spot on 4 separate occasions.

2010/11 - we finished 5th and would have been 4th
2011/12 - we finished 4th and would have been 2nd
2012/13 - we finished 5th and would have been 4th
2014/15 - we finished 5th and would have been 4th

Relegation won’t happen. If it did City would leave and start the super league with the Italian and Spanish teams, plus the likes of Chelsea after they got relegated a couple years later.
The Super League can't happen without the English sides and Bayern.

If found guilty, I wonder would any clubs sue City, ala Sheffield Utd vs Wet Spam.

If you exclude all Man City's results from the league since 2010, then they've potentially cost us a Champions League spot on 4 separate occasions.

2010/11 - we finished 5th and would have been 4th
2011/12 - we finished 4th and would have been 2nd
2012/13 - we finished 5th and would have been 4th
2014/15 - we finished 5th and would have been 4th
Did you factor in other clubs results v City , I presume they dropped points against them

i can‘t be arsed but Liverpool will I presume have doubles and trebles all over the last 3 - 4 years .

So let’s just stick them in div 2 like Rangers. Let them keep their trophies as forever tainted, rather than handing legitimate trophies to teams we dislike even more than them

Better and easier to tell City fans their trophies are now proven to be worthless, than any retrospective recalibration of alternative outcomes that benefit legitimately the others

Last edited:
Annoyingly, the sunk cost of missed opportunity and growth runs far deeper than that.
Good point. Mourinho's United tenure is a good case study. He finished second, and if not for the oil cunts, would have got them their first post Ferguson title.

An achievement like that probably would have got Mourinho the clout to make proper changes and establish some kind of sustained success, instead of the toxicity following the second place finish. Maybe he could have either established his authority over the likes of Pogba or sold them.

Did you factor in other clubs results v City , I presume they dropped points against them

i can‘t be arsed but Liverpool will I presume have doubles and trebles all over the last 3 - 4 years .

So let’s just stick them in div 2 like Rangers. Let them keep their trophies as forever tainted, rather than handing legitimate trophies to teams we dislike even more than them

I factored it in to every team's results.

Since 09/10...
09/10 - 4th -> 4th
10/11 - 5th -> 4th
11/12 - 4th -> 2nd
12/13 - 5th -> 4th
13/14 - 6th -> 5th
14/15 - 5th -> 4th
15/16 - 3rd -> 3rd
16/17 - 2nd -> 2nd
17/18 - 3rd -> 2nd
18/19 - 4th -> 2nd
19/20 - 6th -> 6th
20/21 - 7th -> 7th
21/22 - 4th -> 4th

Since 09/10...
09/10 - 4th -> 4th
10/11 - 5th -> 4th
11/12 - 4th -> 2nd
12/13 - 5th -> 4th
13/14 - 6th -> 5th
14/15 - 5th -> 4th
15/16 - 3rd -> 3rd
16/17 - 2nd -> 2nd
17/18 - 3rd -> 2nd
18/19 - 4th -> 2nd
19/20 - 6th -> 6th
20/21 - 7th -> 7th
21/22 - 4th -> 4th
Exactly , our gain is a few qualifications , money admittedly, if and it’s a big IF they could be sued in court for damages but ultimately no trophies. Our most hated rivals pick up a lot more than we do in terms of glory .
Plus Levy is not pumping that extra cash into the team , so our gain is sweet FA

Last edited:
Time to dust off this bad boy:

From Feb 2020 before they paid off CAS (original post)

Fair play, always gonna be a day
They were gonna throw it back to you.
G'bye now, you should've somehow
realised what you're not to do

We don't believe the governing bodies
Like the way you deal with that cash cow.

Don't bleat, the word is on the street
that the pile at your heart is out.
We're sure you heard it all before
So we never really had a doubt

We don't believe the governing bodies
Like the way you deal with that cash cow.

And all the deals your daddy did are binding
And all the dodgy cheques you wrote we're finding
There are many things that we would like to say to you
So let's start now...

'Cause Baby
You're gonna be the ones that save me
'Cause after all
It's not football

#YoullNeverSingThat
I can't be the only one that sang that like Liam Gallagher inside my head.

Since 09/10...
09/10 - 4th -> 4th
10/11 - 5th -> 4th
11/12 - 4th -> 2nd
12/13 - 5th -> 4th
13/14 - 6th -> 5th
14/15 - 5th -> 4th
15/16 - 3rd -> 3rd
16/17 - 2nd -> 2nd
17/18 - 3rd -> 2nd
18/19 - 4th -> 2nd
19/20 - 6th -> 6th
20/21 - 7th -> 7th
21/22 - 4th -> 4th

That’s 4 missing CL qualifications including the Chelsea CL win in 11/12. That is a lot of money dropped.

It should go without saying, but allowing a team to be sponsored by their own parent company has conflict of interest and abuse written all over it.

City are the most financially lucrative club in the world? What, because they pump their own money in? LMAO. Who knew.

Back
Top Bottom