European Super League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Transfer News Live
@DeadlineDayLive
�� The Super League project is alive and the main changes to the project are:

- No permanent members.
- Clubs qualify based on domestic performances.
- 20 clubs, all European Leagues will be given a chance to qualify.
- A 2nd division with 20 other teams.

(Source: @wiwo)

Which is actually more fair than the coefficient bollocks UEFA are implementing

Which is actually more fair than the coefficient bollocks UEFA are implementing
Devils in the detail "a chance to qualify" is that the same as me having a chance to win the lottery.

Same clubs who pushed UEFA into the coefficient are running this. UEFA didn't want the coefficient it was pushed by the big clubs.

Devils in the detail "a chance to qualify" is that the same as me having a chance to win the lottery.

Same clubs who pushed UEFA into the coefficient are running this. UEFA didn't want the coefficient it was pushed by the big clubs.

Agreed.

My main gripe is with the virtue signalling when we all know the key issue is power/money

Saw some of the more clueless Yanks still talking this up with no promotion and relegation which is a pile of shite IMO.
You don't have to be afraid to @ me, buttercup.

If you bothered reading anything I've posted on the subject, I'm not and never have been in support of it. Its simply an inevitability of the business that is football. And you can't just wish the money effect in professional sports away.

The reality is, with the money in football, the only way to make whats become an exceedingly stale set of competitions more, ahem, competitive, is fixed spending. And you'll never be able to control spending without a closed system - no one will agree to it.

Reichart set out plans for cost control measures, saying clubs should spend only a fixed percentage of their annual football-related revenue on player salaries and net transfers.

"Club spending must be based solely on the funds generated and not on competitively distorting capital injections," he wrote.

Cheers, Sheikh's crying.

Get that investment in quick!

Mind you, the article says "A new-look European Super League would be based on sporting performance only with no permanent members"

Tottenham in super league

No more cash injections, spending based only on funds generated. Obvious this is to keep the elite like Real and United happy but will mean UEFA will have to up their game with FFP. It will have to work if they are to fend this off.

Only the plus side we are generating more revenue from our stadium than anyone other than United in this league so either way should benefit us.

No more cash injections, spending based only on funds generated. Obvious this is to keep the elite like Real and United happy but will mean UEFA will have to up their game with FFP. It will have to work if they are to fend this off.

Only the plus side we are generating more revenue from our stadium than anyone other than United in this league so either way should benefit us.

I am pretty conflicted about a super league now to be fair. The content is key obviously.

I am pretty conflicted about a super league now to be fair. The content is key obviously.

If it’s an open competition I have a lot less concern and if it has far stricter spending rules that protects against doping then I might swing in its favour. upto UEFA to offer something better.

Devil is in the detail.

Back
Top Bottom