European Super League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If it’s an open competition I have a lot less concern and if it has far stricter spending rules that protects against doping then I might swing in its favour. upto UEFA to offer something better.

Devil is in the detail.

I think they'd be best having say a set of five 10 team leagues but with relegation and promotion being something like 5 teams. It would make the competition pretty fierce to stay in each league and also it would make sure that the leagues varied each season so it wouldn't get tired. Trouble is, whichever way it goes it will mean a shed more games.

Put your super league where no sun shines!
I am against "modern and corrupt football"!
DFB, UEFA, FIFA - football mafia - fuck you!

Im still pretty tied to the national league structures. I don’t trust that this is being set up for pure sporting motives and I think it will tend to increase inequalities in the game which will reduce competitiveness and reduce hope for most people.

There does need to be a way to reduce the inequality between the PL and the rest of Europe because that is also unsustainable.

I think this is an important moment for football. Man City need a serious punishment that acts as a deterrent and sets them back. FFP needs to be rewritten and enforced properly.

The new format, is it some initial league games and then a knockout phase? Kinda like you took the UCL and merged all the groups into one?

Replacing the UCL cup competition with a pure league would be really boring to me.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

This is a genuinely difficult situation from the vantage point of UEFA and FIFA, but not a difficult one at all from the vantage point of England and Tottenham.

There is no version of this Spurs or any big English club should want anything to do with. The PL is better positioned to win the global scramble for revenue than any other entity and would only be doing the Agnelli's and Perez' a favor by getting involved in this nonsense.

Let them destroy continental football. Not our problem.

This is a genuinely difficult situation from the vantage point of UEFA and FIFA, but not a difficult one at all from the vantage point of England and Tottenham.

There is no version of this Spurs or any big English club should want anything to do with. The PL is better positioned to win the global scramble for revenue than any other entity and would only be doing the Agnelli's and Perez' a favor by getting involved in this nonsense.

Let them destroy continental football. Not our problem.

So what you're basically saying is "Get Brexit Done".

I concur. :D

whats the breakdown from the revenue the premier league gets? how much is actually coming in from asia?

it stinks of desperation from the other european giants bar bayern munich to get their grubby little paws in the premier leagues cookie jar.

i wonder if madrid, barca and juve would act differently if you could turn the clocks back to 03?

Eleven of the top twenty clubs that produce most revenue are English.

So what are they going to do when the majority of clubs in the top division are English ?

Its funny how many clubs would jump at the chance to fly across europe every week whilst simultaneously promoting NetZero carbon propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom