Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.4%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.5%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.3%
  • Slot

Votes: 90 21.6%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 71 17.1%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 32 7.7%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 22 5.3%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
It’s easy to say this but They won nothing the season before he joined and he won the treble in his first season, then won the double in his next, not like they’ve done anything in Europe since he left either.

Also at Celta vigo he took a side who had jsut finished 17th and took them to 9th in his only season with them.

One could argue your same point that a lot of managers could get a tune out of this Brighton team with building blocks already in place from the previous regime and a very good team and way of playing already established.
And just to add to your comments any manager could/should get a tune out of the current Southamton squad going on the
The building blocks are in place from the previous regime (hassenhuttl) theory lol 😂
Make no mistake De Zerbi is no fluke at Brighton (check out his Sassuolo team in Italy a few years back)
has he been helped by the previous regime with the players potter recruited???? Yes
Evan Ferguson, Mitoma to name 2 standout performers since he came in
but he has still had to get them playing the way he wants
What it really boils down to is recruitment at the highest level knowing the qualities De Zerbi possessed to replace another great forward thinking manager in Potter and replacing like for like

Last edited:
I didn't find tuchels Chelsea very exciting to watch at all.
Open to Enrique as he will without a doubt try to play easy on the eye attacking football, and won't want any more brutish cloggers in the side

Marco Silva is a no from me, Everton was too big for him, he'd shit himself here badly. He's at the right level to develop for a few more years

Poch is fine, never wanted him sacked but nothing has changed with spurs, he'll still ask for A class talent and get C class, get frustrated that he can't get the club to be genuine winners and become miserable

And just to add to your comments any manager could/should get a tune out of the current Southamton squad going on the
The building blocks are in place from the previous regime (hassenhuttl) theory lol 😂
Are you seriously comparing Southampton who sacked hassunhuttl because they were inside the bottom 3 on terrible form to de zerbi Taking the reins from Potter.

De zerbi is doing a good job but he did inherit a solid team on an upward trajectory.But I’m aware of his work at Sassuolo as well, i do rate him as a coach

Last edited:
Good managers do transcend this. I am not ok with taking a chance on a guy who has not yet proven he can do that. That's my point. It's a stretch too far.
We have been doing this "wait until they prove themselves first" for quite a while recently, albeit primarily with players. It would be nice if we were the first to the next great player/manager for once. I respect your opinion, but I think it is a bit conservative. We need to be brave. 😉

Are you seriously comparing Southampton who sacked hassunhuttl because they were inside the bottom 3 on terrible form to de zerbi
Taking the reigns from Potter.

De zerbi is doing a good job but he did inherit a solid team on an upward trajectory.
I am not in any way comparing De Zerbi to Hassenhuttl.
Southampton under Hassenhuttl had a clear identity he set all of the sides up (from the first team to the youth teams) to play exactly the same so there was a clear path established to get to the first team
unfortunately given the financial constraints of the club hassenhuttl had to sell his best players time and time again and looking at the Southampton squad and the young talented players on there books today they should be thriving but it still isnt quite happening and thats because last summer there was a massive rebuild by the club a total change on emphasis from the club bringing in all young talented players who in a few years if they are still playing together will be heading up the table instead of constantly flirting with relegation.

Last edited:
We have been doing this "wait until they prove themselves first" for quite a while recently, albeit primarily with players. It would be nice if we were the first to the next great player/manager for once. I respect your opinion, but I think it is a bit conservative. We need to be brave. 😉
I am ok with agreeing to disagree. I think there are plenty of great managers out there who don't have to prove anything because they've already shown this. I don't think it's conservative because I think the number of managers that Spurs should be looking at is much longer than the alleged list they do have, without throwing Gallardo on top of that.

that's ok if the owner or transfer team have a good eye for a player or manager/coach
our record there is poor
BHA seem to see a good manager/coach and the eye for a player, they appear to do their ground work ready for when they need to replace ,manager or player

Postecoglou - how is he not in the list. Walks in unknown to most clubs outside Australia, fans want to stake and burn him, 12 months later, turns general shithousery into gold and same fans then want to build a statue of him. Working with a paupers budget all the time whilst winning would also please very much General Levy.

I didn't find tuchels Chelsea very exciting to watch at all.
Open to Enrique as he will without a doubt try to play easy on the eye attacking football, and won't want any more brutish cloggers in the side

Marco Silva is a no from me, Everton was too big for him, he'd shit himself here badly. He's at the right level to develop for a few more years

Poch is fine, never wanted him sacked but nothing has changed with spurs, he'll still ask for A class talent and get C class, get frustrated that he can't get the club to be genuine winners and become miserable

If Enrique wants to bring actual footballers into the club then that’s good news for me. I don’t think he is the right one but we need to get more technical players into the side and if he did that then it would help the club going forward for sure.

I'm switching to the new Poch: De Zebri.

Still think it's too fast for De Zerbi.

He's trendy right now and people can throw around bollox like "Football Meta" because Brighton are a good side. He's done well since getting there but hasn't really been through a rough patch of results or even finished a single season.

Wouldn't hate it as an appointment but wouldn't have expectations because of it either. Brighton are very well run, De Zerbi is yet to prove he's done much on top of what they already are.

Still think it's too fast for De Zerbi.

He's trendy right now and people can throw around bollox like "Football Meta" because Brighton are a good side. He's done well since getting there but hasn't really been through a rough patch of results or even finished a single season.

Wouldn't hate it as an appointment but wouldn't have expectations because of it either. Brighton are very well run, De Zerbi is yet to prove he's done much on top of what they already are.

He could be great but he took over a Brighton team that where play fantastic and looking an outside CL bet this season under Potter. He has kept them at a similar level and that has to be applauded but this is not a job where he has had to come in and transform anything.

Always thought he was a good coach for the kind of team he's at, whether that's Watford, Everton or Fulham. Think he'd be better off staying where he is and trying to push for a Europa spot. 90mins generally report rubbish, but I could actually imagine Paratici liking this guy. He's changed over the years but he's ended up at solid, well coached pragmatic football. (Which wins you the championship when you have the best squad, and Mitrovic up top).

I think interest in De Zerbi might gather steam if Brighton give us the run-around later this season

Always thought he was a good coach for the kind of team he's at, whether that's Watford, Everton or Fulham. Think he'd be better off staying where he is and trying to push for a Europa spot. 90mins generally report rubbish, but I could actually imagine Paratici liking this guy. He's changed over the years but he's ended up at solid, well coached pragmatic football. (Which wins you the championship when you have the best squad, and Mitrovic up top).

I think interest in De Zerbi might gather steam if Brighton give us the run-around later this season

I can definitely see it happening, a manager who's overachieving on a budget. I thought he'd prefer Tuchel or Enrique because they're bigger names, but Silva will cost less as well. He's the easiest and cheapest manager to get and he's also prem proven.

Postecoglou - how is he not in the list. Walks in unknown to most clubs outside Australia, fans want to stake and burn him, 12 months later, turns general shithousery into gold and same fans then want to build a statue of him. Working with a paupers budget all the time whilst winning would also please very much General Levy.

Now added.

Back
Top Bottom