Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PEH and Dier are absolutely deadwood BTW. Simply unreliable - at their best both decent but that is too infrequent to worry about losing them

:wall:

......I didn't say anything about being "worried about losing them".

priority
/prʌɪˈɒrɪti/

https://www.google.com/search?clien...2ahUKEwilv5KvyO39AhWHLsAKHfsED6cQ3eEDegQICBAK
noun
noun: priority
  1. the fact or condition of being regarded or treated as more important than others.
    "the safety of the country takes priority over any other matter"

:wall:

......I didn't say anything about being "worried about losing them".

priority
/prʌɪˈɒrɪti/

how to pronounce priority - Google Search
noun
noun: priority
  1. the fact or condition of being regarded or treated as more important than others.
    "the safety of the country takes priority over any other matter"
When your priority is an unrealistic shitshow of a an aspiration, it’s time to listen to professionals and re-prioritise ASAP. We’ve seen this movie before, set the whole lot on fire and see who grabs them. Any of them

Another mediocre player who talks his way into management plans, Dier is the best exponent of this. I don't remember hearing a peep from the likes of Wanyama and Dembele, players who could actually play and weren't pretenders and posers.

Amazing how a lot of fans will see this guy as a leader, they used to say the same about Dier, future captain etc. Falling for the talk and the gestures. And at Spurs, these players make a career out of it.

Another mediocre player who talks his way into management plans, Dier is the best exponent of this. I don't remember hearing a peep from the likes of Wanyama and Dembele, players who could actually play and weren't pretenders and posers.

Amazing how a lot of fans will see this guy as a leader, they used to say the same about Dier, future captain etc. Falling for the talk and the gestures. And at Spurs, these players make a career out of it.
Shit Steffen Freund

Good spot. Its like the more opinionated they are the less they have to offer as players l. Not fit to lace the boots of players you have mentioned.

Last edited:

Didn’t like him much before, definitely won’t change my mind seeing this shit. Mid player satisfied with mid results.

Wow, he sounds like some posters on here. Reeks of lack of ambition. I guess from his perspective he's got it good, a player who isn't really CL standard but starting week in week out for a 'top 4' team. His career will never get better.

Time to relegate a lot of these to what they are - squad players. Him, Dier, Davies etc should all be getting less than half the starts they currently get.

Wow, he sounds like some posters on here. Reeks of lack of ambition. I guess from his perspective he's got it good, a player who isn't really CL standard but starting week in week out for a 'top 4' team. His career will never get better.

Time to relegate a lot of these to what they are - squad players. Him, Dier, Davies etc should all be getting less than half the starts they currently get.
I agree, but then I think it'd be even better if they were just sold or given away, whichever is appropriate. Would we be that much worse with Sarr and Rodon (for example) as squad players in place of Dier and Hojbjerg? I'd argue we might be better because the culture of the club improves when the amplifiers of mediocrity are cast out.

I agree, but then I think it'd be even better if they were just sold or given away, whichever is appropriate. Would we be that much worse with Sarr and Rodon (for example) as squad players in place of Dier and Hojbjerg? I'd argue we might be better because the culture of the club improves when the amplifiers of mediocrity are cast out.

Oh I'd LOVE them to be sold. Sick of watching below par footballers. They've both got their uses but they're a pain to watch most of the time.

But we won't. So the very least we can do is make sure they're mostly sat warming a bench, not making us want to claw our eyes out.

I still contend that Hojboggle is a good squad player but look at what our rivals have when it comes to CM's? Casemiro/Partey/Rodri/Enzo are all certified world class while Hojlaboggle is just nothing more than a solid squad player.

Was happy with him signing initially, mainly because he wasn't Harry Winks. It appears that is all he has going for him. Big mouth, limited talent. What's more alarming is the fact that the last few managers think he's un-droppable, how can they be so blind to his limitations and faux passion?

We need to clear out mediocre players like this, rather than getting all excited when they have an exceptional game. Hojberg can be a game changer, but unfortunately, he can do that about once in twenty games. Of the other 19, maybe 10 = reliable and 9= liability. Not good enough. Is this the definition of a clogger?

Feels like a bit of a scapegoat to be honest. He's a perfectly decent squad player who is having to play a bigger part than his ability allows for lack of better players.

Do we need to upgrade him? Sure. But let's face it, when Conte consistently plays 2 CMs against teams who know this will happen every time and clog the middle so they're overran, what do you expect?

Other than Benta who is simply a better player, none of our other CMs have looked fantastic. Bissouma looked class at Brighton but hasn't played well in the CM2 in our system.

We have lots of problems in our squad but the vitriol Hoj gets imo is unwarranted. There are other fires in the team id look to put out first, for sure. Perfectly good rotation option, we can't expect him to be a world beater

Constant bashing is getting a bit boring tbh. He has had his good games and great moments (goal vs Marseille, slide rule pass v West Ham) - but like many of our players he is just too inconsistent.

He is never going to be a modric type midfielder with great ability to run the game. Never. Ever. Ever.

That also doesn’t make him a fraud or a championship clogger.

Can he be upgraded? Yes, definitely.

Constant bashing is getting a bit boring tbh. He has had his good games and great moments (goal vs Marseille, slide rule pass v West Ham) - but like many of our players he is just too inconsistent.

He is never going to be a modric type midfielder with great ability to run the game. Never. Ever. Ever.

That also doesn’t make him a fraud or a championship clogger.

Can he be upgraded? Yes, definitely.

He's ok. If the club actually wanna be a serious force he's a backup standard midfielder. He'd maybe get in the Liverpool squad from the top 6 and that's it.

His mentality obviously fucking stinks also. Happy to not win anything cause we got to the CL knockouts and are round about top 4.

Stinking attitude that they should all be furious we didn't win anything again and limp dicked out against a shit Milan side

He's ok. If the club actually wanna be a serious force he's a backup standard midfielder. He'd maybe get in the Liverpool squad from the top 6 and that's it.

His mentality obviously fucking stinks also. Happy to not win anything cause we got to the CL knockouts and are round about top 4.

Stinking attitude that they should all be furious we didn't win anything again and limp dicked out against a shit Milan side
As I said, he’s clearly an upgradeable member of the starting 11. Just bored of seeing him get bashed over and over again.

Happy to not win anything, mentality stinks. It’s all nonsense and I doubt his mentality is any different to anyone else in the squad, he is just the current favourite to bash over the head.

Didn’t like him much before, definitely won’t change my mind seeing this shit. Mid player satisfied with mid results.

He has gone up in my estimation - if I was a player I’d be saying the same thing - we do your training we carry out your tactics but we are the ones to blame? I’d be saying name names and tell us exactly where we are falling down or shut up and look in the mirror

Back
Top Bottom