Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I said, he’s clearly an upgradeable member of the starting 11. Just bored of seeing him get bashed over and over again.

Happy to not win anything, mentality stinks. It’s all nonsense and I doubt his mentality is any different to anyone else in the squad, he is just the current favourite to bash over the head.

I also dont doubt his attitude is any different from most in the squad

And that's the issue. Many players here happy to be in London nice facilities, big wages, media attention.

Rather then just wanting win things they have it easy here.

I don't think Conte was the answer and he's made many questionable decisions here.

But the players should be disgusted with themselves in how they performed in the knockout cups.

We chocked against Nots Forrest a team fighting relegation in the league, and a team we have beat twice in the PL. A team in the league below us who simply out ran us and wanted it more and a shocking Milan side.

The players should be fucking livid with themselves and wanting to make it right. Not coming out and saying it's all fine and not that bad.

It just shows what the attitude is like top to bottom. A board who only want European money not glory and are happy as long as we get 4th and people buy food at the stadium. And a team for the most part who are happy to get big wages and have a comfy life where there isn't any pressure.

Conte might be a cunt but he's right about this squad and many have known this was likely the case for ages. Just nice to have it confirmed.

Last edited:
He has gone up in my estimation - if I was a player I’d be saying the same thing - we do your training we carry out your tactics but we are the ones to blame? I’d be saying name names and tell us exactly where we are falling down or shut up and look in the mirror

Don't get all the rage about his comments tbh....... (Well I do; as it's just driven by people's swelling dislike of his time on the pitch).

The fact is he's always prepared to shoulder criticism when he speaks to the media and if you read the full interview with him he also says he accepts why the manager is rightfully angry with the recent results..... The crux of of anything outside of that was simply that he'd have liked Conte to have been more specific in terms of who he spoke of and why he was criticising them in such a fashion(*).

(*Esp. understandable if Conte's gonna back-peddle and claim he was ONLY critisizing the players all along.)

People are just willfully seizing the wrong end of the stick when he spoke of top 4 and progressing in the cups..... He's just alluding to the impact of the recent losses and that Conte wouldn't have blown up in this manner were it not for those results...... And he's right. He didn't suggest a medicocre cup run and being in the top four are the peak of his or the players aspirations.

Last edited:
As I said, he’s clearly an upgradeable member of the starting 11. Just bored of seeing him get bashed over and over again.

Happy to not win anything, mentality stinks. It’s all nonsense and I doubt his mentality is any different to anyone else in the squad, he is just the current favourite to bash over the head.
I read his comments as a dig at Conte's approach to the FA Cup and Champions League. Conte can talk about ambition all he wants but he threw those two games and, yes lacked ambition. This is notwithstanding his appalling record in the champions league.

Last edited:
He threw the Sheffield United game. Perhaps he is just not capable enough in the champions league against superior coaches.

Our players didn’t turn up vs Milan. Nothing tactical there, they just didn’t get off the bus. I’ve never seen such a lack of spirit in a CL knockout game - it was truly spineless & pathetic.

Personally I think that was what had Conte so angry, and then throwing away the points vs Southampton was the straw which broke the camels back.

Our players didn’t turn up vs Milan. Nothing tactical there, they just didn’t get off the bus. I’ve never seen such a lack of spirit in a CL knockout game - it was truly spineless & pathetic.

That crticism ought to extend to Conte himself that night too........ Perfectly illustrated by the Sanchez sub.

Personally I think that was what had Conte so angry, and then throwing away the points vs Southampton was the straw which broke the camels back.

....But it's not right that he divorce himself from that. Ensuring the players are mentally prepared is HIS job. That failed to materialise in FIVE consecutive matches!

Sheff U
Wolves
Milan
Forest (which we nearly spaffed away too!)
S"oton

(Even if one insists on the criticism that Top 4 is our 'everything'; you're talking about THREE games which were pivotal to that benchmark...... A benchmark that all of these players have reached before; some of them many times.)

People need to chill out on these extreme opinions of PEH. Some people think he’s one of our top players and others think he’s winks level.

He’s neither; he’s a 3rd/4th CM that should be used as rotation. He’d be good in this role.

It’s disrespectful to say he’s useless/trash/garbage player but it’s also concerning to see the club treat him as though he’s some irreplaceable contributor at CM.

The club needs to sort this shit out; they’ve been letting squad players like him and Dier become undroppable, letting Kane take free kicks and son getting unlimited starts for far too long. There’s clearly a club culture lacking accountability and as much as PEH benefits from this by starting a lot more than he should, he also has to take a lot of over the top criticism due to the club’s lack of awareness.

It’s just hard to support this club lately. WTF happened between the early poch years and now?

People need to chill out on these extreme opinions of PEH. Some people think he’s one of our top players and others think he’s winks level.

He’s neither; he’s a 3rd/4th CM that should be used as rotation. He’d be good in this role.

It’s disrespectful to say he’s useless/trash/garbage player but it’s also concerning to see the club treat him as though he’s some irreplaceable contributor at CM.

Absolutely. 👍

The club needs to sort this shit out; they’ve been letting squad players like him and Dier become undroppable, letting Kane take free kicks and son getting unlimited starts for far too long. There’s clearly a club culture lacking accountability and as much as PEH benefits from this by starting a lot more than he should, he also has to take a lot of over the top criticism due to the club’s lack of awareness.

It’s just hard to support this club lately. WTF happened between the early poch years and now?

These are managerial decisions; not the board..... CB options are weak, but PEH, Son, Kane is solely on the gaffa.

Absolutely. 👍

These are managerial decisions; not the board..... CB options are weak, but PEH, Son, Kane is solely on the gaffa.
It’s been more than 1 manager though. And experienced managers too. It could easily be that some players have too much power or influence with levy. We don’t know.

He's ok. If the club actually wanna be a serious force he's a backup standard midfielder. He'd maybe get in the Liverpool squad from the top 6 and that's it.

His mentality obviously fucking stinks also. Happy to not win anything cause we got to the CL knockouts and are round about top 4.

Stinking attitude that they should all be furious we didn't win anything again and limp dicked out against a shit Milan side
I'm stunned he said this stuff out loud.

It’s been more than 1 manager though. And experienced managers too. It could easily be that some players have too much power or influence with levy. We don’t know.

............Why would PEH arrive and immediately have more clout than Jose Mourinho?

.........We heard Conte say all sorts of gushing stuff about Sonny being a lovely man etc.

You truly think if Conte's selections were being dictated to by the board or the players that Conte would have just forgot to mention in in his meltdown?

............Why would PEH arrive and immediately have more clout than Jose Mourinho?

.........We heard Conte say all sorts of gushing stuff about Sonny being a lovely man etc.

You truly think if Conte's selections were being dictated to by the board or the players that Conte would have just forgot to mention in in his meltdown?
We had absolutely garbage CM options at the time and PEH deserved to start over those garbage options then. But it seems like he’s been rewarded for mediocrity. An extension (and probable raise) for dier will indicate the same. The club thinks serviceable is irreplaceable. Look at lloris lasting this long. Look at dele and many other examples. We are afraid to move declining players on until they have zero value or it’s too late.

True, Conte made those comments about son. He could be biased, but I don’t know.

I still contend that Hojboggle is a good squad player but look at what our rivals have when it comes to CM's? Casemiro/Partey/Rodri/Enzo are all certified world class while Hojlaboggle is just nothing more than a solid squad player.

It might be bentacur and skipp when both are fit which could be a very promising CM partnership next season.

We had absolutely garbage CM options at the time and PEH deserved to start over those garbage options then. But it seems like he’s been rewarded for mediocrity.

We absolutely do have options now though.... Sorry; there's no reason to think that PEH is only playing cos of player power.

True, Conte made those comments about son. He could be biased, but I don’t know.

Loads of managers stand accused of playing favourites and picking players despite form..... You can be 99.9% sure that that's all this is.

I've no doubt Kane gets indulged being our franchise star, but the gaffa still withholds the power to say "Look Harry; you've not scored one since 2014...... Time for someone else to take the FKs".

...............We're talking about two men (Jose & Conte) who are stubborn, opinionated bastards who think the world of themsleves and have proven they have no problem with going to war with players.

We absolutely do have options now though.... Sorry; there's no reason to think that PEH is only playing cos of player power.

Loads of managers stand accused of playing favourites and picking players despite form..... You can be 99.9% sure that that's all this is.

I've no doubt Kane gets indulged being our franchise star, but the gaffa still withholds the power to say "Look Harry; you've not scored one since 2014...... Time for someone else to take the FKs".

...............We're talking about two men (Jose & Conte) who are stubborn, opinionated bastards who think the world of themsleves and have proven they have no problem with going to war with players.
It’s not reasonable to me that any top manager isn’t going to realize this. The most logical explanation is that the managers realize Kane is valuable to tottenham and are doing their best to accommodate him.

Back
Top Bottom