Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He can occasionally, he just can’t take the ball on the turn, hasn’t got quick feet and is a cart horse off the ball. our midfield has the feeling of mid nineties about it.
I have no problem with his long passing. The problem is his short passing, he often overhits or underhits passes. It happens way too often.

Needs to either get binned in the summer or benched next season

One of his better games yday IMO and still so much that infuriates me. He is a huge reason why we don’t control games, if you can’t see that you don’t get football. We simply have to put Sarr in, keep PEH in a 3 of the teachers pet is undroppable but put someone in the middle third who wants the ball and can change direction.

PEH in a pair is suicide

And yet he was miles ahead of Skipp.
Could you please specify in what he's ahead of Skipp. In defence his definitely better at running around where the ball isn't. He's short passes are 5 times as bad. The few times he manages to find a team mate, it's always one that that is covered that he puts in the shit with the pass.

Could you please specify in what he's ahead of Skipp. In defence his definitely better at running around where the ball isn't. He's short passes are 5 times as bad. The few times he manages to find a team mate, it's always one that that is covered that he puts in the shit with the pass.
That was Winks' speciality.

100%

When PEH has space and his head up, his long passing is decent. He knocked a few great pings but it’s the tight/pressured scenarios when he chucks bombs to others

He can occasionally, he just can’t take the ball on the turn, hasn’t got quick feet and is a cart horse off the ball. our midfield has the feeling of mid nineties about it.
He reminds me of the player my name is for. The difference being Michael Brown was not a sissy, did his job and despite being bang average had real heart and wouldn't have let Thomas Rapey Partey waltz all over him without kicking the bastard up in the air.

I think he'll make a good manager one day...

You know, like the type of manager (MOURINHO, Wenger, Ferguson) who were nothing special as players... but somehow convert that uselessness into a decent managerial style!!
He can point and wave his arms all he wants from the touchline... it'll translate as 'passion'!!

Or maybe not!

He'll still spend his managerial career waving his arms and pointing at his coaching staff instead!!

I have been trying to educate very slow Spurs fans since Mourinho days, about exactly these short comings whilst people like The Dealer kept banging on about. . but but but he keeps getting picked,and talking about his aggregate score or some such 'extra Inch' nonsense. Well now it looks like it's gone fully mainstream. The system and this footballers failings will anchor our ass to mid table. He has to go, he is a massive part of our problems.

Last edited:
He's the sort of player to sprint 40 yards to receive a 2 yard pass from the keeper only to give it straight back then give a mighty roar and punch the air in relief.

I feel he's at his best when there is nothing to lose like when our chips are down and he gets a bit braver on the ball and starts to drive up the pitch

He's a box to box player. His biggest strength is his energy. He's definitely not a 6

another thing I hate is when someone has the ball and he gestures to slow it down, not panic…. No you fucking twat, speed up the pace and quicken it

Back
Top Bottom