Jamie Donley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems like he dominates U18 side but struggles in the U21.

u18

33 games = 22 Goals / 9 assist

U21

17 games = 1 goal / 1 assist.

Not that unusual. As you step up through the youth teams you find yourself playing bigger better players.

At levels under 18 if you are physically strong for your own age it can be a huge benefit.

You lose that as you progress into men’s football. So for him at 17 he’s been playing against people up to age 23. Makes you adjust your game.

Be interesting to see what they feel is his best option over next couple of years and if he ends up going out on loan to play at a senior level.

He's a huge huge talent.

More than just a goalscorer. Him and Mikey Moore are two big youth players that we need to treat right and we need to make sure we show them going forward that there is a path for progression to our first team.

How would Donley or Moore compare to Scarlett?

Moore is 15 years old and plays in the U18s. Fantastic prospect.

I think Donley and Scarlett are just two different players. Scarlett is abit more Defoe in his style, pace and a great finisher, certainly at youth level. Whereas i feel Donley is definitely more Harry Kane. Creative but knows where the back of the net is.

It's a shame we seem to be stuck in limbo of what we want to be as a club. Because we should be giving a path way to these young players to be making our squad and playing minutes in competitions.

How would Donley or Moore compare to Scarlett?

Very different players :

Scarlett atm is very much a centre forward who finishes very well.

Donley is a player who plays equally well as striker and no 10 (lazy comparison - Harry Kane)

Mikey Moore - a winger/striker. Exceptional dribbling skills, tight control and excellent footwork , exceptional finisher (very very lazy comparison, might have some of Jimmy Greaves skills ? Except Greaves never a winger. But I can't think of a better comparison)

First time I've watched him, but reminded me a bit of Eden Hazard.

Maybe, but I think aged 15 he might be better than Hazard in a few years. But so difficult to compare some players. This video shows off his skills well, superb dribbling around players and tight control/good feet followed by a very precisely hit shot whilst under pressure

Maybe, but I think aged 15 he might be better than Hazard in a few years. But so difficult to compare some players. This video shows off his skills well, superb dribbling around players and tight control/good feet followed by a very precisely hit shot whilst under pressure

I suspect you were'nt referencing our very own Micky Hazard, but he was a gifted footballer who happened to be at Spurs at the same time as Hoddle, Ardiles & Villa.

IIRC Hoddle then managed Hazard at Swidon, so clearly recognised his outstanding talent.

Anyway, great night for the U17s. Let's hope some of this generation make it through to the first team.

Back
Top Bottom