Spurs Player Ratings 22/23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's just a 0.5 difference really when you average out (i.e. someone gives a 5 and someone gives a 6 but view it as the same performance)
That's what I thought. Over the course of a season, if the only options are 5 or 6 then wouldn't that even out? As the sample size increases, the effect of individual ratings on the overall average diminishes.

I didn't say that you did, I'm simply saying that there is some sort of consensus that a 5 rating is average.

So when I see a player who has played an average game then I shall rate him as 5 on the Admin's rating thread.

You will then take my 5 as if I meant it to be a poor rating, thus misrepresent my rating.

I won't take your ratings because the whole scale is wrong if 5 is classed as average. No player , even our worst has averaged as low as 5 in 4 seasons. That's made up of multiple sourced ratings from media Inc newspapers, Spurs websites , neutral websites, podcasts and other forums. Not one players stoops to 5 .

You do it your way and carry on skewing admins ratings.
Yes I shall do it my way and number 5 is in the middle of the range of numbers 1 -10.

I hope you won't be using my ratings from the Admin's rating thread and change them to mean something else ie 6 is not acceptable.

When you now know that I rate 5 as average and six as above average.

I won't take your ratings because the whole scale is wrong if 5 is classed as average. No player , even our worst has averaged as low as 5 in 4 seasons. That's made up of multiple sourced ratings from media Inc newspapers, Spurs websites , neutral websites, podcasts and other forums. Not one players stoops to 5 .
I've wasted my time showing you two external links that rate 5 as average.

In such case don't use my ratings from the Admin's rating thread, I don't want my ratings to have their meanings altered.

That's what I thought. Over the course of a season, if the only options are 5 or 6 then wouldn't that even out? As the sample size increases, the effect of individual ratings on the overall average diminishes.

Not necessarily. A player might deserve a 5.50 instead of a 6 consistently . Look at how close the season averages are at the start of the thread. It's very tight and could warrant even smaller increments. !!

Good, now all you need to do is apply that same logic to the rest of the posters ratings and everyone will likely be happy.

Bear in mind that nobody is giving their ratings on your thread anymore.

Spurs Web accompanying comments about a 5 rating for Skipp. A bad day .
Not average.....BAD.

Goal website ratings for Robertson for Liverpool v Spurs. Rated a 5. Switched off and put his team under pressure. Then played Son onside for a goal. Described as NOT GREAT....that means poor and they backed it up as to why. Not average !!

Incorrect.....again. !
Right, enough is enough. Time to put you on ignore, you ignorant self righteous prick.

inbetweeners-jay.gif

Looking forward to this. Used to maintain ratings thread back in the day on Glory-glory. You'll get the usual cunts knocking it down or putting stupid ratings to make some pathetic point but I enjoyed doing it for the results it showed over a sustained period of time.

I see what you mean about the usual c--ts.

Son over 28 games 5.50. That's abysmal to match the bulk of his performances. Compare to Davies and Dier who got into 6s. This is multi sourced ratings, not forum only.
So 5.50 is significantly above so called average of 5. Do you think Son has been above average this season or below average . ? Or has be been poor ?

Hojbjerg over 28 games averages 6.40.
Well done to him. That takes some doing and has improved on last season. But its only 28 games in line with the other players to make it fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom