Aston Villa vs. Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AVB could be shown up again with his changes later in this game, when villa change and go all out he might have already made his subsitutions (Defoe for Soldado etc) have to be very careful not to lose this good away win

Rasiak-esque (only Rasiak fucked his sh
No Lennon? No Naughton to move Vertonghen to CB? Disagree with Soldado. He has played well. Hasn't scored, obviously, but still has played well. Holtby for Eriksen, I wouldn't mind, but i'd like to give Holtby more time.

Another 45 minutes and no shots by Soldado. Possibly touched the ball 4 times, and movement is non existent.
Cant understand what it is I cant see him doing, that others can.

As for Lennon and Naughton, you cant make 4 subs, and I wouldnt make all 3 right now. My point was, I would have started with our strongest 11, not build the team halfway through the game

Why move verto then to centre back? He's offering decent width out left which is crucial to this set up. I think vlad has looked good enough at cb anyway.
I'm not sure paulinho has offered much today. Would swap him for dembele who is much better and transitioning quickly from defence to attack which is what we're lacking today

whoever threw it, it wasnt a flare. world of difference between a flare and a smoke bomb.
thats not to excuse it..who ever lobbed it needs a nice fat ban for their trouble.
If it was one of ours, what a fucking idiot. we have elements in the media all over us like a rash at the moment. ignoring the safety aspect, all we need is another excuse for the media getting at us.

Probably have Baddiel claiming it was anti semitic because the smoke bomb wasn't kosher. and Peter Herbert claiming it's racist because the smoke wasn't white.

Keep Soldado, Holtby, Vlad/Verts, on.

If there's any change to be made ...

It should be Dembele for Paulo
OR
sub Siggy and bring on either of Lamela, Lennon, or even Eriksen.

Why move verto then to centre back? He's offering decent width out left which is crucial to this set up. I think vlad has looked good enough at cb anyway.
I'm not sure paulinho has offered much today. Would swap him for dembele who is much better and transitioning quickly from defence to attack which is what we're lacking today

I was being sarcastic towards Sammy who wanted Vertonghen to start at CB.

Back
Top Bottom