Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyway the crux of it is that spurs are currently a load of old dogshit that thought it was above this trophy that the happy hammers have just won, when in reality should have been chasing down any silverware to at least live up to a self proclaimed reputation that it is in anyway a successful big 6 club.

Anyway the crux of it is that spurs are currently a load of old dogshit that thought it was above this trophy that the happy hammers have just won, when in reality should have been chasing down any silverware to at least live up to a self proclaimed reputation that it is in anyway a successful big 6 club.
"Self-proclaimed successful big 6 club". Prior to this season, we've been out top 6th once in the past 13yrs. Woolwich has managed that twice. Chavs twice. Manchester United once but finished 6th 3 times. Liverpool four times! Only Man City haven't been out the top 6 but go back just 2 more years and they've been out once.

So it's not "self-proclaimed" it's a fucking fact.

Stop making up shit. We were kicked out of this comp because we couldn't field a team because we had a COVID outbreak.

Winning the FA Cup = Europa League p
Finishing 5th in the season just gone = Europa League place
Winning The Europa Conference = Europa League place

Had we won that trophy last night, the majority of Spurs fans would be overjoyed and celebrating.

Some of you need to take your head out of your arse.
It's a sh!t second rate competition but they won it.

We have had numeous chances and continually sh!t our pants.

Stop making up shit. We were kicked out of this comp because we couldn't field a team because we had a COVID outbreak.
My issue isn't the way we were put out last time, but rather the attitude of some supporters down the stretch this year that we were better 8th than 7th with the chance to win this next season because this competition is beneath us.

We haven't won an FA Cup in 32 years and counting. The last time we won a League Cup was 15 years ago. There really isn't anything beneath us, we ought to be excited at the prospect of winning anything.

Ah bless...

Just a shame the photographer felt the need to snatch the medal and put it round Moyes' Dad's neck before his OWN SON could do it, and have his moment....

Just to get a photo!!

I bet he used to blow out other kids' birthday cake candles too!!!

Rent fucking free...

He had to go and mention Spurs, didn't he?
Like a 40 year old in a child's body.... "In all my 'leven yarrs supportin' em, nevva in awl my days fought I'd see a moment like vis.... Gertcha!"

...and as for Barbera Windsor cackling in the background, that's a real bullies' mentality: Watch someone giving someone else a kicking... THEN join in and laugh... Cow!

This is how they see it.

🙈🙈

I travelled Scotland last Summer and went to a Highland Games.... not THE Highland Games, but A Highland Games... They have them everywhere, who knew?
Same as this, it's A European trophy... not THE European trophy!

...yeah, but which one? :nawty:

Where's just stop oil when you need them.
Hopefully gearing themselves up for the Man City pro-Oil Parade on Monday, if they've got any sense!

Yeah
Holiday Cant Wait GIF by Beeld en Geluid
I'd have had a lot more respect for them if they'd done an Open Top Caravan parade yesterday....
OWN IT!!

Posted this reply elsewhere - but in case it’s missed ( yeah it’s that mustard ) I wanted it here too. Fuck them.

“sorry if I am cutting across a thread, but I don’t think anyone of us needs to look @ West Ham with any envy. As nice as last minute winners are, would any of us swap Lucas’ for thier goal last night ? I don’t think so.

Do we look at Bolton and think “I wish we won the Papa Johns” this year ? I know I don’t.

First off we were not in the Papa Johns ( our mens team ) and second, it’s shit.

We were not in the Conference league and that’s absolutely shit too, despite what Robbie Savage might indicate, when clearly pissed or coked up.

When West Ham finished above us in 2021 I was furious. But that was a real insult, not last night.

This year they finished 20 odd points below us. By finishing 6 places below us they earned £6m less approx. By winning last night they gained approx £8m. So even on cold finances it was ridiculous how “serious” they took the whole thing, they could well have gone down due to this shit competition.

Keep the faith 😎 Much rather us than them”
I think you need to define 'mustard' mate!

It's good, and in some ways correct.... but it ain't yer best!

Last edited:
Posted this reply elsewhere - but in case it’s missed ( yeah it’s that mustard ) I wanted it here too. Fuck them.

“sorry if I am cutting across a thread, but I don’t think anyone of us needs to look @ West Ham with any envy. As nice as last minute winners are, would any of us swap Lucas’ for thier goal last night ? I don’t think so.

Do we look at Bolton and think “I wish we won the Papa Johns” this year ? I know I don’t.

First off we were not in the Papa Johns ( our mens team ) and second, it’s shit.

We were not in the Conference league and that’s absolutely shit too, despite what Robbie Savage might indicate, when clearly pissed or coked up.

When West Ham finished above us in 2021 I was furious. But that was a real insult, not last night.

This year they finished 20 odd points below us. By finishing 6 places below us they earned £6m less approx. By winning last night they gained approx £8m. So even on cold finances it was ridiculous how “serious” they took the whole thing, they could well have gone down due to this shit competition.

Keep the faith 😎 Much rather us than them”
Yeah and it makes as little sense here as it did elsewhere...

What exactly is it about Lucas' goal years ago that disqualifies us from winning a cup now?

I don't envy West Ham as a club, far from it...

But I did cast an envious eye over their fans getting to celebrate and have a really good 24 hours out on the town, with the sun shining, and a Cup victory in the bag!!

Regardless of whether they've had to convince themselves this was a trophy worth winning or not, it WAS a trophy, a European trophy, and one THEY got to enjoy, and celebrate... and gather at their (original) home ground and walk alongside a bus with THEIR heroes aboard.... that's all.

I WANT NICE THINGS!!

"Self-proclaimed successful big 6 club". Prior to this season, we've been out top 6th once in the past 13yrs. Woolwich has managed that twice. Chavs twice. Manchester United once but finished 6th 3 times. Liverpool four times! Only Man City haven't been out the top 6 but go back just 2 more years and they've been out once.

So it's not "self-proclaimed" it's a fucking fact.

The moment has gone, it has now passed the club by and it has passed by without silverware.
It’s a dead parrot, deceased, gone off to meet its maker. And you sir are still pining for the fjords !!

We couldn't play our last game because of a COVID outbreak, UEFA didn't allow us to reschedule the game, so they awarded our opponents a 3-0 win and forfeited the match.
Be real, we should've been clear and through the group regardless of that one game, we fucked up in the five games we did play, and the one game we were punished unfairly in just became a handy excuse for the club to absolve ourselves of blame...

We have had numeous chances and continually sh!t our pants.
And this is why the club has become the laughing stock that it is. This is where the owner has taken it. A great accountant he may be, but has no soul for what people want.
It must be understood how fucking stupid things like plans for cheese rooms sound to other clubs fans. Stupid indulgences like that at a Working mans sport, all whilst winning not one thing. It’s like the Russian tsars over indulgence at the expense of the peasants that were given nothing back in return.
By the time this club gets its act back together we’re at the back of the queue behind an even longer list of clubs. Not only Man City, it will be all the rest coming back to the party including that lot over in west London with the guy that nearly made this club look like a contender.
And now to rub everyone’s nose in it, the hammers have gone and lifted a relevant European trophy that not only gives them some joy, but catapults them into another competition that is akin to finishing in a position that this club failed to manage.

My issue isn't the way we were put out last time, but rather the attitude of some supporters down the stretch this year that we were better 8th than 7th with the chance to win this next season because this competition is beneath us.

We haven't won an FA Cup in 32 years and counting. The last time we won a League Cup was 15 years ago. There really isn't anything beneath us, we ought to be excited at the prospect of winning anything.
I'm one of those.

The Audi Cup had more prestige than this, on account of the opposition!

We absolutely do not need to be in this competition next season, being out of it enables a new manager to come in and effectively change how we play. Gives him more time on the training ground, understanding his players.

Trudging off to the outer regions of Azerbaijan on a Thursday, followed by a game on Sunday to an ever-increasing level of opposition from the likes of Bournemouth will present itself with a challenge in improving our League Position (the only real measure of how good a team you are). I absolutely do not want to be fighting a relegation battle all season as WH have done.

Whilst I absolutely think this comp is beneath us because it's the Intertot Cup with lipstick, that's not why I want us out of it, it's because it will negatively affect our seasons' performance. Come January do you seriously think the fans would accept us being 17th having just lost 0-1 to Wolves? Whilst licking our lips at the prospect of facing AEK Lamaca? How do you think the fans would treat this, you know the ones that booed Conte' Tottenham off the pitch at his first home game, who boo their own players when being subbed on, the same fans that paint their Twitter profiler purple and gold, are on here posting the same shit almost on a daily basis?

The aim of every club is to want to win every game, so if we are in this comp then the attitude should be just that. To wish not to be in it is a sincere reflection of what is best for the Club.

I'm one of those.

The Audi Cup had more prestige than this, on account of the opposition!

We absolutely do not need to be in this competition next season, being out of it enables a new manager to come in and effectively change how we play. Gives him more time on the training ground, understanding his players.

Trudging off to the outer regions of Azerbaijan on a Thursday, followed by a game on Sunday to an ever-increasing level of opposition from the likes of Bournemouth will present itself with a challenge in improving our League Position (the only real measure of how good a team you are). I absolutely do not want to be fighting a relegation battle all season as WH have done.

Whilst I absolutely think this comp is beneath us because it's the Intertot Cup with lipstick, that's not why I want us out of it, it's because it will negatively affect our seasons' performance. Come January do you seriously think the fans would accept us being 17th having just lost 0-1 to Wolves? Whilst licking our lips at the prospect of facing AEK Lamaca? How do you think the fans would treat this, you know the ones that booed Conte' Tottenham off the pitch at his first home game, who boo their own players when being subbed on, the same fans that paint their Twitter profiler purple and gold, are on here posting the same shit almost on a daily basis?

The aim of every club is to want to win every game, so if we are in this comp then the attitude should be just that. To wish not to be in it is a sincere reflection of what is best for the Club.
You're welcome to your opinion of course, but the Audi Cup is a pre-season friendly competition, to me that is not comparable to an officially recognised competitive trophy, and you can point to the calibre of teams involved in the Audi Cup, but if it's Real Madrid playing a patchwork of squad players, with some first teamers scattered in wondering round at walking pace, and then making 11 changes at half time, honestly it means nothing.

As for the second point I've bolded, if we were so shit that participation in this competition would lead to us battling relegation then we would have much greater problems than wondering if we're too big to be in it or if it is worth winning.

I'm so tired of reading this as an argument for not being in it, or even the Europa League, just because West Ham were shit in the league and got to this final, does not mean that you have to be shit in the league to get to this final!

We've been terrible at it for years, and I include the Poch years in this, but there is a way to optimally manage your entire squad across all competitions to keep your big players fresh and your fringe players involved, a bit of smart management is all that's required, not completely throwing your league games.

Sure West Ham don't have the resources for that, but we should be more capable of it than them.

Winning the FA Cup = Europa League place
Finishing 5th in the season just gone = Europa League place
Winning The Europa Conference = Europa League place

Had we won that trophy last night, the majority of Spurs fans would be overjoyed and celebrating.

Some of you need to take your head out of your arse.
It's only important for an English team if they are winning it. Westham would have the same response as on here if we had won it.

Back
Top Bottom