Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My bet would be Real Madrid IF he leaves PSG this summer. Don't think there are more than one or 2 clubs he wants to join anyway.
they had to pay him something like £900k/week to get him to stay, probably an astronomical signing fee, major say in the day to day running of the club and he still wants to leave. I wonder what it would take this time? Make him the emir of Qatar? Pay him in G6 jets? Buy the Versailles and use it as a signing on bonus? This whole saga really proves money only gave so much pull, if he stayed at PSG he would be a billionaire several times over when he retired and yet he'd rather have the CL medals.

7 years no CL football and the first season they get it back these cunts can drop 100m on a world class player with no issues while we were getting constant (if not consistent) CL football and we didn't dream of ever going that big and being ambitious.

Ndombele was the peak of our high spending and when he flopped we dare not ever try spending as much again.

7 years no CL football and the first season they get it back these cunts can drop 100m on a world class player with no issues while we were getting constant (if not consistent) CL football and we didn't dream of ever going that big and being ambitious.

Ndombele was the peak of our high spending and when he flopped we dare not ever try spending as much again.
so true.

Tbf, I think over the last few years we've had way too many areas of weakness in our squads to have the luxury of spunking ~£100m on just one player...

Tbf, I think over the last few years we've had way too many areas of weakness in our squads to have the luxury of spunking ~£100m on just one player...

There's never an absolute perfect time to spend BIG money on a transfer but one signing that delivers can revolutionise a whole team even if it had shortcomings in other areas.

Look what VVD and Allison did for Liverpool.

There's never an absolute perfect time to spend BIG money on a transfer but one signing that delivers can revolutionise a whole team even if it had shortcomings in other areas.

Look what VVD and Allison did for Liverpool.
Key word bolded, I don't think we've been in the kind of position where it would've been wise for us since we peaked under Poch and then shat the bed by doing absolutely nothing for 18 months...

Recent years we've simply had too many cracks to be papered over by just one big signing, it's difficult to look at our squad now and find an area that doesn't need major attention!

Interesting. Lazy as fuck but lovely on the ball

He was one of the most converted midfielders in the Premier League two or three seasons ago. He's not somebody you would want with you in the trenches but in a good team he's a fantastic footballer. Loves a goal from 30 yards too.

Villa have some central midfield now. Tielemans, Ramsey, McGinn, Kamara and Douglas Luiz. Fair fucks to them.

Back
Top Bottom