Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
red card soccer GIF by HuaweiMobileFr

Maddison takes decent free kicks, during the last couple of seasons too many of our free kicks haven't cleared the defensive wall.
I remember watching the Newcastle Sheffield Wednesday FA CUP game and one of the Wednesday players did a good free kick that was unlucky not to go in and I thought "When was the last time Kane or Son did that?".

How much is Harry Kane valued by Levy at 30yo and one year left?

Yes "we could come close to signing two players......". We have too too many of those, some warming bench and some on loan, most won't make it at Spurs and will be sold for loss. Buying cheap in the PL is no option unless happy with mediocrity.

PS. I am not in favour of Maddison. BUT he is 26, at £60m will cost £12m a season if plays until 31, how much clubs pay on loan fees for decent players?
Chelsea paid £10m for Jao Felix one season loan fee.

You should also remember, take HG tax into account.

Harry Kane is one of the best footballers in world football who we'd find it hard to directly replace.

Maddison just got relegated with Leicester and there are plenty of players out there we could sign for a similar price.

It's a ridiculous comparison,.come on.

Just like Raya was never going to be worth what was quoted. I'm glad we moved on and got someone who statistically is no different, yet younger, taller and cheaper.

I hope if we are looking to be more data driven we are looking at the data that's allowed to look at the alternatives here.

The 4 at the back propaganda department just did a video on sensible transfers for Spurs.

TLDR:
1. Move Kulu to 8/10
2. Get Jota and Nico Williams as wingers
3. No mention of Maddison
4. No mention of CBs
4. They also assumed Kane will leave

Basically a pretty shit effort at analysing what we need to do but Nico Williams might be a great idea.

We don't this year. Kane, Skipp, Spence, Davies and 17 non-HG are more than enough players for 38 PL and a smattering of cup games. Assuming Winks, Dier, Sess, Tanganga, Rodon are off. We can add more HG as needs dictate, but right now we would go with the best quality players we can find.
Exactly. It is not that important this coming season. Players like Udogie and Sarr don’t even count to the non-HG quota as they are so young, right?

Is he even in negotiations for a new deal? If he was we would have heard something along those lines.
At the moment, the only "news" for want of a better word is the tabloids spreading shit about Man United "instructing" Kane to put in a transfer request which he hasn't done so I would take it with a grain of salt.

Things are never as bad as they're seen on the outside.

Having a one off bad year doesn't permanently means things are always going to be bad, everyone knows things change quickly in football apart from fans who tend to live in the here and now.
Except for the part where last season was not a one off bad year. Last 4 seasons were 6th, 7th, 4th, 8th. We had a one of good year with Conte. The rest have been rubbish. Im not sure Maddison or anyone cares about what we were doing under Poch, more than 4 years ago and 5 managers ago. You'd be in denial to think Newcastle in the CL and on the up are not a better proposition.

Back
Top Bottom