Director of Football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't use an injury to downplay whether it was a good signing or not.

Besides that you're right, the jury is still out on them, they're much better and much more promising than the previous recruitment anyway.

If the signing was a crock it's unfortunate but a player has to make a meaningful contribution over a sustained period to be considered successful and Bento hasn't done that yet.

If the signing was a crock it's unfortunate but a player has to make a meaningful contribution over a sustained period to be considered successful and Bento hasn't done that yet.

He has made a meaningful contribution, these 16 months he's our best and most consistent player bar Kane.

He's only missed 3 months of injury as well, unfair to call him or the transfer a flop on that basis.

He has made a meaningful contribution, these 16 months he's our best and most consistent player bar Kane.

He's only missed 3 months of injury as well, unfair to call him or the transfer a flop on that basis.

It would be unfair to label Bento a flop.....but I didn't. I said its debatable if any of the signings were truly outstanding .

Seems pretty vague...

likely intentionally

You can be sure that fundamentally what his punishment will be designed to do, if nothing else, is to keep him away from any financial jiggery-pokery.....

If all he's doing is related to talent/scouting/strategy then he's of no untoward jeopardy to the rest of the football industry.

You can be sure that fundamentally what his punishment will be designed to do, if nothing else, is to keep him away from any financial jiggery-pokery.....

If all he's doing is related to talent/scouting/strategy then he's of no untoward jeopardy to the rest of the football industry.
That's some weird logic right there.

A person in the real world would find it near impossible to get a semi decent job if they've even committed the pettiest crime. A DBS check would see to that. There would be no "ah ok I see you've commited fraud so we'll keep you away from credit cards and you can just have another job in the company".

Not as weird as the "we're just as bad as Chelsea" BS rhetoric you leaped to.

Spurs stand accused of no crime nor rule breach.

A person in the real world would find it near impossible to get a semi decent job if they've even committed the pettiest crime. A DBS check would see to that. There would be no "ah ok I see you've commited fraud so we'll keep you away from credit cards and you can just have another job in the company".

Maybe other industries are different but FP doesn't work in other industries....

Again, despite how you've attempted to paint it; It's not the same company that the crime was committed within.

You may not think it's a good look for us - touché - but it's no deeper that that.

Indeed, as I said Levy has no shame. It's not like he's already served his ban. We are a club that have a good standing in the community. Actively consulting a fraudster is a giant stain on the club.

To a large extent, yes.

We’re a very strange club. Paratici’s deal making hijinks have a good deal of merit and I do think our recruitment has been better under him.

I just don’t know why these things always have to be so complicated for us.
has it really though its not exactly improved us, 60 mill rich is a dud and romero is suspect too at 45 mill

Looks like one is coming in.

2004432.png

Given how focussed we already seem to be with our efforts in this trf window.... I hope they take whatever time they need to get this right.... Cos now the emphasis is upon imposing a holistic footballing vision; not a rebuild.
Right.

Trf Window and coach appointment has clearly had a direction.

Any new additions on and off the pitch need to add to that

Back
Top Bottom