Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

@ sammyspurs sammyspurs
bAv7CKM.jpg

:avbfu:

Holtby played 60 minutes and how much of that movement was with the ball?

Are you so desperate to "get one over" me, that you are going to seriously try and argue that Holtby is a better footballer than Eriksen?

You could end up looking like a right fucking tit. Ive got nothing against Holtby...I just think both Eriksen and Siggy are better. Not sure what your graph proves?

we're quiet because the football is boring at points, we just don't break teams down and it's hard to get behind a team playing so wooden, he needs to switch it up, we're getting too predictable, 4-2-3-1 with a high defensive lines and we try to play it down the wing

Any chance AVB is deflecting any attention that would've come raining down on him had we NOT scraped a narrow 1-0 win by blaming the fans...?
...I think he forgets that the FANS have come in for some fucking stick this season, when we HAVE tried to show our support... not least from our friends at the FA, Met. Police and the SBL... so is it any wonder we're on our guard?

Also, most of those fans were at the LAST home game... and you can't say our support was lacking that day... and look where THAT got us? Being labelled racists by an away end full of anti-Semites, and told to shut the fuck up by the rest of football!

I think AVB has underestimated quite what it is to be a Spurs fan!

....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway we're 4th! so who gissafuck?

Some post match stats:

Spurs have now won four Premier League games 1-0 this season, matching their total from last season. (Opta)

Spurs keep their sixth PL clean sheet of the season, joint-most with Southampton. They only kept nine PL clean sheets in the whole of last season. (Infostrada)

Spurs equal their best start to a PL season after nine matches. Their total of 19 points equals seasons 2009/10 and 2011/2012. They have not had a better top flight start after nine matches since 1963/64 (W7-D2). (Infostrada)

Six of Roberto Soldado's last 11 league goals (for Spurs and Valencia) have been from a penalty. He has scored 14 of his 16 league penalties (English and Spanish top flight).
Some encouraging stats

we're quiet because the football is boring at points, we just don't break teams down and it's hard to get behind a team playing so wooden, he needs to switch it up, we're getting too predictable, 4-2-3-1 with a high defensive lines and we try to play it down the wing

So we shouldn't sing when the football is boring? How is that different than only singing when winning? Isn't 1882 working towards a culture of strong support regardless of result?

Firstly, there's really no need to play Sandro when we know for sure that teams are just gonna sit back.

Agree with much of what you wrote, but we knew Spammers would sit back and had a lineup without a clear DCM (Sandro/Capoue). And what happened? When they attacked us we had no one shielding ahead of the defence and they thrashed us. It's not always straightforward!

So my points so far (do forgive me, those of you who read me whine about this before):

Pro:
- Good energy, we have awesome stamina and seems to just keep on going, just like pitbulls.
- Players like Holtby and Vlad looking increasingly comfortable.
- Townsend being much more tenacious and trying to look up.
- Paulinho gets in the box. Like, all the time.

Con:
- No brains, again just like pitbulls, we keep trying to end attacks way too quickly, to prematurely, and many times we want to play flicks'n'slides in tight spaces as if we had already put the defence off balance, only we haven't done so at all.
- Seriously toothless set pieces. 6 foot players like Dawson being nowhere near deliveries, at any time.
- No organised movement in final third, no coherent passing moves.
- Way too many high risk horisontal balls in middle third, when a flick of a shoulder and a burst of pace had been a safer option rather than a pass
- ball being moved too slow, too very slow in middle third at all times. We either square (dangerously) it or we make hopeless 30 yard killer ball attempts, after which we have to chase the ball. Again.

So we shouldn't sing when the football is boring? How is that different than only singing when winning? Isn't 1882 working towards a culture of strong support regardless of result?

but it's hard to get excited to boring football, people sing when they're put on the edge of their seat, not when they watch their team pass it back and forth and take a random shot, i don't agree with it, i'm saying that if you want to get a stadium going, playing exciting football is the best way to do it, i agree with the sing for the shirt, but alot of people in WHL don't want to or like singing unless their is exciting football being played

This solution to plan B is simple ... bring on creativity ... in both the team and the manager.

Firstly, there's really no need to play Sandro when we know for sure that teams are just gonna sit back. Plus, we also know that Paulo and Dembele just work fine together.

Secondly, freakin play our creative players! This includes Eriksen and Holtby and LAMELA.

Finally, mix it up ... like Make early subs, Play down the wings, Let all CAMs play together, Play with 2 strikers, etc.

Point is ... stop being so rigid, AVB.

CM: Holtby,Paulinho
RW: Lamela
LW: Townsend
CAM : Eriksen

Creativity1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom