Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has just had an operation. Ange says he is fit but he is not match fit.
I think those who think he is shit are the blind ones. He played in the World Cup FFS. England are rated the 5th best team in the world.
Maybe Ange does not rate him. But that doesn't make him a bad player.
He was in our back 4 that got ECL 2021-22. He was in our defence that started last season so well.
If you don't rate him then fair enough but it's bullshit to call him fat and slow and no good.
He is an excellent CB.
There’s nothing like putting words in someone’s mouth is there?! 🙄

An excellent CB?!

Hmmm, I beginning to think you’re trolling. 🤔

I think those who think he is shit are the blind ones. He played in the World Cup FFS. England are rated the 5th best team in the world.
He was in our back 4 that got ECL 2021-22. He was in our defence that started last season so well.
If you don't rate him then fair enough but it's bullshit to call him fat and slow and no good.
He is an excellent CB.
So did Harry Maguire & he still does & wouldn’t want him anywhere near our starting 11 either

that's when we recorded our best start in the club's history though. he must have been doing something right, no?

Points-wise perhaps.... Look at the goals we were conceding tho'..... Barely a game passed without Hugo or Dier gift-wrapping the oppo of goal or two.

Last edited:
There’s nothing like putting words in someone’s mouth is there?! 🙄

An excellent CB?!

Hmmm, I beginning to think you’re trolling. 🤔
Don't you remember the 2021-22 season or the World Cup?
If anybody is trolling it's those who gang up to make up mischevious bollocks about a player who has given this club many years of top class performances.

🤔 ???????......did you watch him against Liverpool at home last season?......reason we lost......wretched.
Player has bad game gasp. All those calling for Sanchez to replace him have very short memories.
Anyway I am checking out of this thread and leaving the trolls to make up more stuff about him.
Ultimately all that matters is what Ange thinks about the player.

Don't you remember the 2021-22 season or the World Cup?
If anybody is trolling it's those who gang up to make up mischevious bollocks about a player who has given this club many years of top class performances.
The only time Dier has ever been "excellent" or "top class" was as a defensive midfielder, many years ago in a very different playing style at a very different time in the tactical history of the Premier League, when Dier himself was in a different place physically.

Dier has in recent times had spells where he has been adequate to good as a stationary fulcrum in a "defend in a narrow shape and spring with direct long balls on the counter" philosophy.

He's very good in the air, and a classy striker of a football for a CB. But at this stage in his career he is absolutely woeful when asked to cover any amount of ground in attack or defense, and his play has been in a negative spiral of compensating for those weaknesses by becoming less and less assertive for years. He also makes poor passing decisions under pressure.

We're going to miss his ability to clear crosses with his head. But he couldn't be a worse fit for what Ange wants to do.

Player has bad game gasp. All those calling for Sanchez to replace him have very short memories.
Anyway I am checking out of this thread and leaving the trolls to make up more stuff about him.
Ultimately all that matters is what Ange thinks about the player.
You’re having an absolute nightmare on this thread it’s best you take a breather. When the only person agreeing with you is the resident village idiot who thought Winks and Doherty were good enough, you know you’re backing a loser.

Dier is finished at this club.

So he comes on as a sub 2 times, to play the last 20 minutes against the giants that is Iran when England are already up 4-1 and played for 13 minutes after England are already up 3-0 vs Senegal in the group stages ...Yea sure he 'played' in the world cup. Even Ndombele had a bigger contribution for Napoli's Serie A title.

He is an excellent CB.
Now do Ndombele.

So he comes on as a sub 2 times, to play the last 20 minutes against the giants that is Iran when England are already up 4-1 and played for 13 minutes after England are already up 3-0 vs Senegal in the group stages ...Yea sure he 'played' in the world cup. Even Ndombele had a bigger contribution for Napoli's Serie A title.
Whatever side of the debate you're on, Mourinho and Conte's affinity for Dier makes a much, much stronger case for him than Southgate's.

He is an excellent CB.

It's not about whether he is any good or not. He can clearly play. But he cannot play in Ange's system and you would have to be Ray fucking Charles not to see that.

Dier is a good CB. He is not an excellent CB and he is slow with a bigger turning circle than the Titanic. He has always been susceptible to a lack of vision of what is going on behind him. This is not new news. And in this system you cannot wear concrete boots, play a high line and not be exposed.

He's a good player who does not have the specific set of skills that are needed for success under Postecoglou.

Honestly would not mind Eric Dier coming back to Sporting to replace an aging Coates in the back three.

I hope that we can continue to build a friendship with a club like Tottenham since we have done a couple of deals with you guys.

Back
Top Bottom