Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Diers top line speed, at 20-23 was really good.

However, as his body filled out, he may still have high top end speed (like Kulusevski thinks he has). Yet, ask him to turn and run, about half to 3/4 of attackers in the Prem are 10yards clear, before he gets anywhere near “full pelt”.

TBH have similar concerns for VDV in a year or three, very naturally thick set, hope he hates the gym (or bulking anyway).

VDV looks naturally slender to me.

Either way, I hope he builds core strength without bulking up. His comparative advantage is his speed and agility.

He's a better option than Sanchez all day despite any system, in fact he suits more positions in AP's formation at CB, DM and RB cover.

Sanchez is a far worse player than Dier despite the lorryloads of hyperbole, just the same handful of people never fuck up whinging about him. The shit on social media is worse than Winks or Trippier ever got.

I'd almost have money on Ange not wanting him sold tbh.

That you Eric?

It has also been a strange and farcical week for Eric Dier, who has found himself at the mercy of other people's mischief making.

The defender found himself at the centre of social media furore based entirely on fictional claims that he had "unfollowed Spurs" on Instagram and had removed all mention of the club from his bio on the site.

The truth is he had not actually followed Tottenham or England for years on his account or had anything to do with them in his bio previously on an account, which is mostly taken over by his personal business endeavours.

Then there was also a claimed 'quickly deleted post' of his about the captaincy following Kane's exit, which was actually just a carefully-cropped screenshot by a mischievous Twitter user of a post published by Dier in March about the movie Captain Phillips as he sat next to his dog.

Dier ended up following Tottenham on the platform this week, presumably just to quieten the social media nonsense, and released a stream of Spurs-related images on his Instagram story including one of the team line-up with the caption 'Let's go boys'.

I can't believe ANYONE supports Dier as a Spurs player anymore.
The guys a coward. I'd rather see the likes of Romero go full waterboy every game and risk cards and injury than see this coward back off one more fucking time.

If he ain't no good how come all those clubs are supposed to be after him? :cautious:

Are any of those combo's of club/leagues ones you would genuinely say were on par with Spurs/EPL?

Benfica is the best on the list, but it's not a great league and there's still nothing to suggest he'd be a first choice for them.

Last edited:
i would absolutely love it if he went palace. that would be one of my fav transfers ever. if they are genuinely dumb enough to be interested we should offer a swap deal for one of their CB's now. either anderson of ghuei for backup would be tidy. that would also see palace relegated

He has an excellent record in the EPL. Proven top 4 quality.
He was a useful player during the peak Poch years. Those days are gone.

I have nothing personal against him, he seems a thoroughly decent bloke, and I don’t like the personal insults, but he’s clearly not suited to a high line under Ange.

Why do you think he hasn’t featured so far?

Surely you’re not blind to the fact he lacks the tools for this new system (& that’s ignoring his costly cock ups last season)?!

I have nothing personal against him, he seems a thoroughly decent bloke, and I don’t like the personal insults, but he’s clearly not suited to a high line under Ange.
Yeah, all of these pieces seem crystal clear to me, though people seem determined to disagree with one aspect or another.

Why do you think he hasn’t featured so far?

Surely you’re not blind to the fact he lacks the tools for this new system (& that’s ignoring his costly cock ups last season)?!
He has just had an operation. Ange says he is fit but he is not match fit.
I think those who think he is shit are the blind ones. He played in the World Cup FFS. England are rated the 5th best team in the world.
Maybe Ange does not rate him. But that doesn't make him a bad player.
He was in our back 4 that got ECL 2021-22. He was in our defence that started last season so well.
If you don't rate him then fair enough but it's bullshit to call him fat and slow and no good.
He is an excellent CB.

He has just had an operation. Ange says he is fit but he is not match fit.
I think those who think he is shit are the blind ones. He played in the World Cup FFS. England are rated the 5th best team in the world.
Maybe Ange does not rate him. But that doesn't make him a bad player.
He was in our back 4 that got ECL 2021-22. He was in our defence that started last season so well.
If you don't rate him then fair enough but it's bullshit to call him fat and slow and no good.
He is an excellent CB.

Dier was shocking in the pre-WC part of last season.

As for him playing in the WC; he played 36 minutes.

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Back
Top Bottom