Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The funny thing is, Lloris, PEH, Dier & Richie are probably our weakest (or worst for want of a better word) 1st team squad players right now... and will no doubt feature less and less - if at all - as the season goes on...

...yet all 4 would walk into most mid/lower PL teams!

That's saying SOMETHING isn't it?
PEH and Rich could but Lloris is finished. Dier is borderline.

Measured and fair. Has been good at times in the past. Not good enough anymore. Should probably leave, but still under contract. Seems like he wants to improve and be part of things again.

Not a cunt. Not a parasite. Just a guy who is struggling to come to terms with not being number one on the team sheet.
if you believe that then you'll believe anything.

Evertons Richarlison wasn't playing against packed defences. Those drab teams we have to break down don't play that way against fellow bottom half teams.
He's had room to run into in plenty of games and hasn't been able to, I've seen similar at Everton where he has bossed in the same situation

A man who has played at the upper reaches of club and international football but according to a load of no mark amateur footballers is shit.
Just not good enough for what we need right now. Like Lloris isn't and Winks wasn't.

I don't get folk dismissing footballers who come in and have barely had more than a few weeks let a
alone a season to settle in, but players who've been here a long time, at a club that has not lifted a trophy in many years, are in a different position.

I don't personally 'hate' any player but I do want to see players moved on when they're not working for us , whether that's because of physical (or mental) limitations on their part or because they don't fit the new system.

Not saying it's RIGHT... But Dier didn't draft his contract, Levy (or those around him) did ....

Dier either needs to move clubs for FOOTBALLING reasons....
....or stay put and look after his family, 'cos of the ridiculously ludicrous contract Levy put in front of him a few years ago!

Who would deny him either option?
Certainly reads like a defence

Just not good enough for what we need right now. Like Lloris isn't and Winks wasn't.

I don't get folk dismissing footballers who come in and have barely had more than a few weeks let a
alone a season to settle in, but players who've been here a long time, at a club that has not lifted a trophy in many years, are in a different position.

I don't personally 'hate' any player but I do want to see players moved on when they're not working for us , whether that's because of physical (or mental) limitations on their part or because they don't fit the new system.

I have no issue with a player being called out for being below a standard we want to be. But fans demand loyalty from players and managers when we are below the standard they want to be.

It’s a double edged sword.

Reality is people go well over the top sometimes in how they react / describe players. Freedom of speech and all that.

A £4m player. That’s what he cost us and in reality maybe that’s what he is now.

I have no issue with a player being called out for being below a standard we want to be. But fans demand loyalty from players and managers when we are below the standard they want to be.

It’s a double edged sword.

Reality is people go well over the top sometimes in how they react / describe players. Freedom of speech and all that.

A £4m player. That’s what he cost us and in reality maybe that’s what he is now.
Fair enuf - he’s been a good servant to the club - no issue with him staying this season til the end of his contract - as long as Ange keeps him firmly out of the side (and he stays quiet about it) as he can’t play in a high line.

Back
Top Bottom