Julian Nagelsmann

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Comes across a bit Conte'y imho. Anybody who had some fire in their belly would be managing a pub team by the start of the season rather than chilling out on gardening leave. See: Warnock or Hodgeson.

It's not as if he wouldn't be a multi millionaire managing anywhere else so it can't entirely be just about free money.

Are you me?

Mate

:ange-clap:

HpjVg6v.jpg
:ange-hmm:

Is he even that good? Bayern were better under Flick.

His work with Hoffenheim looks absolutely stellar on paper. Completely transformative beyond what anybody could have ever expected when he took charge. He's then got Leipzig to a CL semi-final and done very, very well with them all round.

Work with Bayern a bit iffy but then Tuchel hasn't pulled up trees yet.

His work with Hoffenheim looks absolutely stellar on paper. Completely transformative beyond what anybody could have ever expected when he took charge. He's then got Leipzig to a CL semi-final and done very, very well with them all round.

Work with Bayern a bit iffy but then Tuchel hasn't pulled up trees yet.

Bayern seemed in pretty good shape until they sacked him...... Top of the league and cruising in the CL.

Tuchel presided over their CL exit and dragged them into a final day BL drama.

Bayern seemed in pretty good shape until they sacked him...... Top of the league and cruising in the CL.

Tuchel presided over their CL exit and dragged them into a final day BL drama.

I think by Bayern standards their league form had been poor .. they were top but only just, which over there is a step away from disaster.

But yeah, Tuchel did worse by basically every measure, and I really do rate Tuchel. Think it's pretty clear Nagelsmann is a very good coach but maybe wasn't quite suited to a job like Bayern quite yet, at the rung below that he's proven very effective at establishing an attractive, high energy system which gets results.

I think by Bayern standards their league form had been poor .. they were top but only just, which over there is a step away from disaster.

But yeah, Tuchel did worse by basically every measure, and I really do rate Tuchel. Think it's pretty clear Nagelsmann is a very good coach but maybe wasn't quite suited to a job like Bayern quite yet, at the rung below that he's proven very effective at establishing an attractive, high energy system which gets results.
That's probably it. He's definitely a good coach based on his previous work but Bayern is just different. People think that anyone can win at clubs like that but it just isn't true.

This is why I have respect for coaches like Enrique and Ancelotti. Managing top clubs isn't as easy as people make it out to be. Working with top players with massive egos, keeping them motivated and willing to run through brick walls for you isn't easy. Tuchel is one of the best in the world and even he's struggling at Bayern.

Managers like Nagelsmann probably have the tactical side down, but there's more to management than that. You need to get the players to believe in you, and they just haven't done enough to get that level respect yet from the big egos you have to deal with at elite clubs. Even Arteta had to ship out most of the Woolwich squad and replace them with youngsters who'll listen to him.

Nagelsmann was my first choice and was very disappointed we were unable to secure his services.

Bayern became worse once they got rid of him, the idea he failed there is ridiculous. They're just entitled cunts, that's all.

Some people don't know what they're talking about.

Nagelsmann was my first choice and was very disappointed we were unable to secure his services.

Bayern became worse once they got rid of him, the idea he failed there is ridiculous. They're just entitled cunts, that's all.

Some people don't know what they're talking about.

Yeh they do look far worse under Tuchel than Nagelsmann, like at least one level down in terms of general play.

Sounded like Naglesmann though wants Rangnick or a DoF to come with him and hard control of the club, wasn’t realistic with us.

If he didn't want to go to Chelsea why would he want to go to Utd?

Utd have really backed Ten Brent, they have bought half the Dutch league in at his request. I think they'd back a coach like Nagelsmann with whatever he asked for.

Chelsea are doing some weird accounting trick in lieu of buying players they actually need, I can see why he (nor Enrique) wanted any part of that.

And, loathe as I am to say it, Utd are still a huge club.

Pretty surprised he's taking the Germany job, even if it's just on a short term basis.

It's really difficult to play very tactical football with a national team when there's so little time to train together. That squad is in a difficult state and seems like there's little room for upside.

I guess maybe it was easier to get out of the Bayern situation to make a future club move a bit easier, but still, a bit strange.

Pretty surprised he's taking the Germany job, even if it's just on a short term basis.

It's really difficult to play very tactical football with a national team when there's so little time to train together. That squad is in a difficult state and seems like there's little room for upside.

I guess maybe it was easier to get out of the Bayern situation to make a future club move a bit easier, but still, a bit strange.
It doesn’t seem strange at all, he doesn’t want to be out of the game for too long. None of the current clubs were appealing to him so why not take a short term gig and see what’s available after that.

Back
Top Bottom