Man Utd buyers might change their focus to Spurs.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you want Spurs to be taken over by Sheikh Jassim?

• Total voters
So people are using his connection to the Qatari government and it’s human rights abuses as way to say ‘Thanks but no thanks’, while conveniently ignoring the human rights abuses of their own government.

Who is? Stop hiding behind 'this generalised presumptuous bullshit.

Have the balls to take individuals directly to task over their actual words or STFU.

It just seems a tad hypocritical for it to matter when it comes to their football club. But you’re right, those governments don’t have an explicit connection to football and I am assuming those people don’t care about what their own governments do, when they possibly care a lot, but thankfully there is football to distract everyone from caring too much about anything anyway.

Yeh, and it's pretty arrogant and borderline offensive to be doing so; given what it implies.

Yup, awful options. Presumably designed to steer the result. The ‘uncivilized’ option is particularly appalling.

I have no problem with Middle Eastern owners. I just don’t want THIS Middle Eastern owner.
I originally was going to vote for that option but it didn't sit with me, for the obvious racist connotations.

Went with "don't know enough" but only because I couldn't rescind the vote and could only change it.

Who is? Stop hiding behind 'this generalised presumptuous bullshit.

Have the balls to take individuals directly to task over their actual words or STFU.

Yeh, and it's pretty arrogant and borderline offensive to be doing so; given what it implies.
Don't bother mate, it's the usual "whataboutery" that always comes up whenever this is discussed.

Yup, awful options. Presumably designed to steer the result. The ‘uncivilized’ option is particularly appalling.

I have no problem with Middle Eastern owners. I just don’t want THIS Middle Eastern owner.
Haha, get a grip. The options are a distillation of all the bullshit arguments I’ve heard on the topic. If you want a reason for the ‘design’, look in the mirror!

p.s. If you want an option added, suggest one. I can add but not edit.

Last edited:
I originally was going to vote for that option but it didn't sit with me, for the obvious racist connotations.

Went with "don't know enough" but only because I couldn't rescind the vote and could only change it.
Similar, wanted the option, sans racist bit.

Went for “If it ain’t broke” in a purely Ange and current players/situation perspective. Feels now that we might be able to win things, without selling our clubs soul.

Give me a benevolent vibe, I’m all in for a sale.

Similar, wanted the option, sans racist bit.

Went for “If it ain’t broke” in a purely Ange and current players/situation perspective. Feels now that we might be able to win things, without selling our clubs soul.

Give me a benevolent vibe, I’m all in for a sale.
As already stated, the options are just a quick paraphrasing of the various perspectives on here. Calling it racism is a bit reductionist and probably not helping anyone.

I have to ask, though, if you can be totally honest, do you think the Qataris state is civilised 'enough' for your liking?

If in doubt; vote Levy_OUT.

(Sheeesh.... I should get paid for this shit! 🤪 )

As already stated, the options are just a quick paraphrasing of the various perspectives on here. Calling it racism is a bit reductionist and probably not helping anyone.

The implications are there whether you intended it or not.

It's those implications (and similar others implication in other options) that are the problem; not that people have identified them.... As already pointed out; all the "no" options are loaded in some way.

Where is the simple "No, I don't want to be run by a government, especially one that has the track record of Qatar/Saudi etc,)"? ...........That's a lot more of a common perspective "on here" than the more colourful options that you sought to lightheartedly paraphrase.

Last edited:
I'll give you a cut... I gotchu.

United we will take down the tyrants. 🤪
I don't think United have ever said that....... although maybe that's why the deal fell through.

Think About It GIF by Identity

I just want this club to be successful.

An owner who is going to pump in more money for the squad will ultimatley bring success.

We already have the manager and the nucleus to mount a serious challenge, we are just lacking 4-5 top drawer squad players imo.

I don't think Mr Levy will deliver the last few pieces of the jigsaw based on what history has shown me.

As for all the moral grandstanding I couldn't give a flying fig. None of it has an ounce to do with Football.

No trophy outweighs the fact that gay people are murdered in Qatar every day just for being themselves

If we’re owned by people like this we are no better than the Chelsea’s, Newcastles and Citys of this world

We’re better than that

I have to ask, though, if you can be totally honest, do you think the Qataris state is civilised 'enough' for your liking?
Dude, you worded it as if all Qataris are uncivilsed.

”Fuck No! He’s Qatari and they aren’t civilised enough”, if you’d distinguished he’s Qatari state, different entirely.

No trophy outweighs the fact that gay people are murdered in Qatar every day just for being themselves

If we’re owned by people like this we are no better than the Chelsea’s, Newcastles and Citys of this world

We’re better than that
Where do you draw the line though Larry?

There are clubs in the PL owned by those Countries. So are you saying you are happy to play against them and compete with them, that's totally fine but you draw the line at being owned by them?

Seems very arbitrary to me, And doesn't make much sense when you really think about it.

I would suggest that if you really feel that strongly about it you simply would boycott the entire Premier League and probably most of European football as well.

It's the equivilent of those soppy people that bleat on about how they could never watch a cow being killed but are still happy to order a big mac and fries.

Back
Top Bottom