Man Utd buyers might change their focus to Spurs.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you want Spurs to be taken over by Sheikh Jassim?

• Total voters
A bit of honesty on this website, a strange and rare thing.

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent

If others could admit to being apathetic, instead of hiding behind excuses (live to far away, but didn't protest even when attending a game, "no point" etc), they'd get more respect on here.
Thanks , I wish my teachers applauded me for my apathy at school.

A Star
Ed is a model student , he neither tries or cares

What's this all about fellas ?
In the summer I bet we would finish bottom half, loser leaves the site.

Tbh as far as I'm concerned it's no big.deal. Im happy to be proven wrong if it means success for Spurs.
That's what these two wallies can't seem to understand, the bet was win/win for me.

And I will honour it.

Tweedle dum & Tweedle Dee have to interject every post i make bringing it up. Which is tedious.

Ange didn't hire himself, Daniel Levy hired him.

For all the protestations about the board and how much they've fucked up and got wrong and you rightly point the finger at them it's hilarious how much you're coping at the fact that they got this one right and you're doing your utmost to discredit them, you can't have it both ways.

Myself, stevee stevee , dudu dudu LeParisien LeParisien have been saying it all along, we've been on an upward curve under ENIC for the most part since they've been in charge, it's only the last 5 or so years since the stadium opened we have been trending down so this was likely to happen at some point, it's only keyboard cats such as yourself who couldn't see it.

Cat Working GIF

And what same squad issues are still there? What squad issues? What are you actually comparing it to?

You're right about one thing I'm not gonna let this go and I don't see why I should...I copped a lot of abuse from the children who constantly threw their toys out the pram on here at our perceived bad moments, looks like those same children are still chucking out the abuse but there you go...:thumbup:

You should be happy that the club is gong in the right direction not pissed off that you made yourself look like a tit on the internet.
Just so much wrong with this post I wouldn't even know where to begin.

You can try and pretend the cluster fuck of the last few years since Poch left didn't happen if you like. You are only fooling yourself and your fellow wallies on here. Lumping all of that under the umbrella of "stadium" is frankly laughable.
But then I never credited you with much of a brain.

Anyway.....As I stated crystal clearly even though you tried to ignore it, I am happy riding this wave while it lasts and I hope we ride it to a trophy.

But if we do it will be in spite of Levy not due to him. The only decision he's gotten right in the last few years was appointing Ange, if that was even his idea/first choice.

Tbh as far as I'm concerned it's no big.deal. Im happy to be proven wrong if it means success for Spurs.
That's what these two wallies can't seem to understand, the bet was win/win for me.

And I will honour it.

Tweedle dum & Tweedle Dee have to interject every post i make bringing it up. Which is tedious.
Being devils advocate should you not go before that , ie as soon as mathematically we cannot finish lower than 10th .

Personally I think it would be ridiculous for you to leave the site over such a bet , and even more ridiculous to be held to it .

Seems really silly and harsh to enforce such a bet to me. People need to lighten up , we all support and want the best for Spurs FFS

Should you not go before that , ie as soon as mathematically we cannot finish lower than 10th .

Personally I think it would be ridiculous for you to leave the site over such a bet , and even more ridiculous to be held to it .

Seems really silly and harsh to enforce such a bet to me
Glad to be going tbh, and I would never Welch on a bet.

It's frustrating constantly arguing with fans of the same team you support.
I won't miss it

Just so much wrong with this post I wouldn't even know where to begin.

You can try and pretend the cluster fuck of the last few years since Poch left didn't happen if you like. You are only fooling yourself and your fellow wallies on here. Lumping all of that under the umbrella of "stadium" is frankly laughable.
But then I never credited you with much of a brain.

Anyway.....As I stated crystal clearly even though you tried to ignore it, I am happy riding this wave while it lasts and I hope we ride it to a trophy.

But if we do it will be in spite of Levy not due to him. The only decision he's gotten right in the last few years was appointing Ange, if that was even his idea/first choice.

Poch left in 2019, the stadium was built in 2018 so you're essentially agreeing with me, what the fuck are you even arguing about? 😆, I even acknowledged that the board messed up and were rightly criticised - Reading and comprehending isn't as difficult as you're making it out to be, come on be serious.

Ange is doing really well by the way but he doesn't do this well if he doesn't have the support of the board, look at the trajectory of the club over the last few years:

- Recruitment drive has been much better, arguably the best recruitment in the PL in the last 2 years in terms of successes and fits
- First team, U21 and U19 teams also top of their respective leagues - Women's team also doing well
- Legit pathway for youth players to be promoted into the first team
- Fans back onside and fully behind the club and the manager (no more divide)
- Best stadium and one of the best training grounds in the country
- Players are much happier, team much more together

That doesn't happen in isolation, the board have obviously put a plan together and along with Ange being the impressive manager he is is the reason why our first team are doing really well on the pitch.

Ange wouldn't be going into Chelsea or Utd the Summer and doing what he's doing now because their entire infrastructure wouldn't be able to support him.

As I said it's always a collective thing, the successes and failures at this club should be shared between board and staff, it's no different here - clowns like you want to give the successes to the manager and not the person that hired him, yet are happy to blame the board and not the manager when things go wrong.

You don't make any sense.

Last edited:

And I will honour it.

Please do everyone a favour and cash out.

If it becomes apparent he has not backed Ange in the next couple of windows I suspect I will start moaning again, I still won’t be arsed to physically protest though
As others have pointed out, I think he's out of excuses/reasons to not try to give the incumbent manager what he wants within reason. I have cut Levy/ENIC more slack than most up to this point, but I think he/they are at the point where they have to put up or sell up if we are to get to our potential.

Being devils advocate should you not go before that , ie as soon as mathematically we cannot finish lower than 10th .

Seems really silly and harsh to enforce such a bet to me. People need to lighten up , we all support and want the best for Spurs FFS

Nah, what's silly is making such a dumb, ego-driven bet in the first place.

I couldn't give a shit if he stays or goes; I just think it's funny.

I also think it's funny that he's now acting like it's so shit here; saying it's nothing but arguing and that all the best people have already moved on (see: banned for racism, incessant trolling etc. etc. etc. ).... Yet he could just walk away any time he likes if it's so bad .

(BTW, we're talking about someone complaining about arguing whom slagged the entire forum off - saying "none of [us] are proper fans" - for not wanting Man City to beat us.)

"You know that pub I hate; where all the people suck? Yeh, I still pop in for a pint..... I hope they kick me out." 🤡

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom