Man Utd buyers might change their focus to Spurs.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you want Spurs to be taken over by Sheikh Jassim?

• Total voters
Like I give a fuck.... All the best people are long gone
But here you are……
See Ya Goodbye GIF by P!NK

Where do you draw the line though Larry?

There are clubs in the PL owned by those Countries. So are you saying you are happy to play against them and compete with them, that's totally fine but you draw the line at being owned by them?

Seems very arbitrary to me, And doesn't make much sense when you really think about it.

I would suggest that if you really feel that strongly about it you simply would boycott the entire Premier League and probably most of European football as well.

It's the equivilent of those soppy people that bleat on about how they could never watch a cow being killed but are still happy to order a big mac and fries.
It’s a fair point but I’d say I have no interest or love for any of those clubs, so I don’t care what they do. I’d rather they weren’t owned by those types of people but it’s not something spurs can control

I love spurs and for me if we turned into one of those clubs I’d seriously consider cutting ties

Football clubs shouldn’t be owned by countries and in my view certainly not ones that have the morals some of them do

Dude, you worded it as if all Qataris are uncivilsed.

”Fuck No! He’s Qatari and they aren’t civilised enough”, if you’d distinguished he’s Qatari state, different entirely.
Oh, I see. Why didn't you start with that? Instead of calling me a racist? I can't change the poll items after their written, I was just chucking them up there and you can edit them until the first vote. But I do wonder if all those who voted on that option can see I was paraphrasing, or they are just racists who agree all Qataris are uncivilised? You should set up your own poll to see how they work.

No, wait, forget it.. It's not fun around here if we aren't arguing.

*cough*

You're a cunt.

Oh, I see. Why didn't you start with that? Instead of calling me a racist? I can't change the poll items after their written, I was just chucking them up there and you can edit them until the first vote. But I do wonder if all those who voted on that option can see I was paraphrasing, or they are just racists who agree all Qataris are uncivilised? You should set up your own poll to see how they work.

No, wait, forget it.. It's not fun around here if we aren't arguing.

*cough*

You're a cunt.
Presumed it was just poorly worded.

Didn‘t think you were being racist, just lacking a bit of thought… Cunt!

My view is that I would hate it, May even be compelled to protest against it, but in reality there's fuck all I can do to influence it if it's going to happen. As a fan of the shirt for over 40 years I'm fucked if I'm giving them up because of something over which I have no control.

I just want this club to be successful.

An owner who is going to pump in more money for the squad will ultimatley bring success.

We already have the manager and the nucleus to mount a serious challenge, we are just lacking 4-5 top drawer squad players imo.

I don't think Mr Levy will deliver the last few pieces of the jigsaw based on what history has shown me.

As for all the moral grandstanding I couldn't give a flying fig. None of it has an ounce to do with Football.

Burst out laughing halfway through this post, sorry 😆

Yeah that's firmly in the minority though.

The ENIC out/Anti Levy bandwagon has gone quite, not talk of protests, no unrest from our fans at matches, no spanning on social media, it's all gone a bit quiet lately and as far as I can see we still haven't won a trophy.
Does not mean he is liked , respected or forgiven for his running of the club by many, It’s a simple case of apathy . If the majority of Levy outers like myself couldn’t be arsed when we were in a bad place , we are likely to be even more apathetic when things are going well.

If it becomes apparent he has not backed Ange in the next couple of windows I suspect I will start moaning again, I still won’t be arsed to physically protest though

I reckon I am far from alone in being someone who sees this as not the biggest issue in their life.

I think he has stumbled on another nugget with Ange , has he learned any lessons in the last 23 years , we shall see

Last edited:
Does not mean he is liked , respected or forgiven for his running of the club by many, It’s a simple case of apathy . If the majority of Levy outers like myself couldn’t be arsed when we were in a bad place , we are likely to be even more apathetic when things are going well.

If it becomes apparent he has not backed Ange in the next couple of windows I suspect I will start moaning again, I still won’t be arsed to physically protest though

I reckon I am far from alone in being someone who sees this as not the biggest issue in their life.

I think he has stumbled on another nugget with Ange , has he learned any lessons in the last 23 years , we shall see

You don't need to write endless paragraphs all to say you're completely fickle...

You don't need to write endless paragraphs all to say you're completely fickle...
Ange has turned everything around, he's getting music out of players many thought weren't good enough and the new additions have all hit the ground running.

Basically Ange is turning water into wine. And I'm loving every minute of it.

Doesn't change a single valid criticism of ENIC many of us have had.

And frankly don't even try and go there with the "I told you so" attitude. There is no way you saw this turnaround coming.

The same squad issues are still there.

But frankly I don't even want to talk about it, just want to ride this wave of hope and optimism.

It's pricks like you that won't let it.go and don't seem to be able to enjoy it.

Why is that?

Ange has turned everything around, he's getting music out of players many thought weren't good enough and the new additions have all hit the ground running.

Basically Ange is turning water into wine. And I'm loving every minute of it.

Doesn't change a single valid criticism of ENIC many of us have had.

And frankly don't even try and go there with the "I told you so" attitude. There is no way you saw this turnaround coming.

The same squad issues are still there.

But frankly I don't even want to talk about it, just want to ride this wave of hope and optimism.

It's pricks like you that won't let it.go and don't seem to be able to enjoy it.

Why is that?

Ange didn't hire himself, Daniel Levy hired him.

For all the protestations about the board and how much they've fucked up and got wrong and you rightly point the finger at them it's hilarious how much you're coping at the fact that they got this one right and you're doing your utmost to discredit them, you can't have it both ways.

Myself, stevee stevee , dudu dudu LeParisien LeParisien have been saying it all along, we've been on an upward curve under ENIC for the most part since they've been in charge, it's only the last 5 or so years since the stadium opened we have been trending down so this was likely to happen at some point, it's only keyboard cats such as yourself who couldn't see it.

Cat Working GIF

And what same squad issues are still there? What squad issues? What are you actually comparing it to?

You're right about one thing I'm not gonna let this go and I don't see why I should...I copped a lot of abuse from the children who constantly threw their toys out the pram on here at our perceived bad moments, looks like those same children are still chucking out the abuse but there you go...:thumbup:

You should be happy that the club is gong in the right direction not pissed off that you made yourself look like a tit on the internet.

A bit of honesty on this website, a strange and rare thing.

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

If others could admit to being apathetic, instead of hiding behind excuses (live too far away, but didn't protest even when attending a game, "no point" etc), they'd get more respect on here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom