Fulham @ Home - 23/10, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought we were brilliant first half. Been waiting years to play like this. Yeah second half dropped off but it was a Monday, we got a really tough game Friday. Just so grate to see us getvthe ball from A to B in 6 seconds with 3 passes rather than 2 minutes with 24 passes. We look really confident.

I don't think the team are really interested in the league position. They are just enjoying it. And so are we.

Ange just seems to say what we all think. This is just gonna get better and better I reckon.

I imagine Ange will play him though, one game at a time and all that but i do hope he can avoid a yellow so he can play against Chelsea.

- Return, but keep his nose clean v Palace.
- Play v Chavs.... Bound to get a card.
- Sit out ban again v Wolves.
- All clear for Villa and then City.

Last edited:
Maddison, Vicario, VDV, Porro, and Udogie is one of the most insane lists of additions I can remember from one summer and really Sarr is basically a new signing.

Plenty of time for Johnson, Veliz, and Phillips to become big time too.
Game time, especially with the first choice midfield is what is needed.

The drop off came before the subs tbh, we were starting to get sloppy. Ange won't be pleased with it but it just felt all over by 55 minutes, although that's never properly true in the premier league. Also another game coming up in 4 days, possibly a subconscious easing off.

GLC and Johnson both coming in from injuries and into a match which already lost its tempo, I'm not going to get too harsh on either of them.

Dear god I can taste the tears from here.

angry u mad GIF by Mayfly

Never even heard of our keeper before he joined us. But he has everything about him.
He was ace tonight, like all season.

He was the prime example of the Sky team damning us with faint praise throughout. It was typified by Alan Smith saying "he's been fairly solid after a shaky start". Ten seconds later a graphic pops up showing that he has the best keeping stats of anyone in the league.

The bitter, nasally challenged spunk-spangled toss cloth.

Thought we were brilliant first half. Been waiting years to play like this. Yeah second half dropped off but it was a Monday, we got a really tough game Friday. Just so grate to see us getvthe ball from A to B in 6 seconds with 3 passes rather than 2 minutes with 24 passes. We look really confident.

I don't think the team are really interested in the league position. They are just enjoying it. And so are we.

Ange just seems to say what we all think. This is just gonna get better and better I reckon.
Enough with the optimism it's too much :bissoumateeth::levywhoa::hugoshock:

Just on my way home from that. What a strange game. First thirty mi utes I thought we were too slow but then we exploded, attacked really well and should have got a few. Second half we struggled to pick up their change in formation and subs for what seemed like an age but then when we did we managed the game perfectly and the last half an hour was nothing really.

Any news on Sarr and Udogie?

Never even heard of our keeper before he joined us. But he has everything about him.
I remember when we signed Lloris and i knew who he was and that we were getting a bargain (15M was it?) and i was surprised we got him. Vic, I had much lower expectations. I thought maybe he was a stopgap until we could go all out for a real number 1. Obviously i was mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom