Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was a decent CB 4+ years ago.

Eric Dier pre-Covid I can respect.

Eric Dier in recent years is a player that would shirk away from responsibility and blame others for his failings.

It doesn’t always have to be “he was amazing” or “terrible”. Sometimes it can be a bit of both.

Good luck to him and thanks for when he had a positive impact on the club. However, that time is no more and we will be better off.

Good luck to Dier.

Has been out of his depth here recently, and tbh I don't think Bayern have a good player on their hands, but maybe a change of scene will refocus the chap. Good business selling him in Jan at that price.

He did play decently for a few years for us, so fair play and shame it's take a couple of years too long to move on (for Dier more than for anyone else).

Great to beat Bayern to the guy they wanted above Dier!

Tuchel aleady said he plans to use him in a back 3

chelsea-3-4-2-1-ucl-final.png

Could see him line the team up like this and have Dier in the centre, this team won the CL

Look, I don't rate Dier but let's not act like he doesn't have his uses and Tuchel doesn't know what he's doing, he was generally very good in Conte's 1st year here - probably better for him if he has a refresh, football is funny like that.
I'm not so sure. I wouldn't be surprised if Kane is a huge part of this deal. I don't think Dier would be at Bayern Munich were it not for Kane.

He was a decent CB 4+ years ago.

Eric Dier pre-Covid I can respect.

Eric Dier in recent years is a player that would shirk away from responsibility and blame others for his failings.

It doesn’t always have to be “he was amazing” or “terrible”. Sometimes it can be a bit of both.

Good luck to him and thanks for when he had a positive impact on the club. However, that time is no more and we will be better off.
After that one horrific exposure by Paul Pogba Dier seemed to simply decide not to actively engage the player with the ball. He started to back off and allow the shot rather than be humiliated in a duel. This is when he lost a load of fairly supportive people. It looked a lot like cowardice coupled with a tendency to try and blame whomever he could for the subsequent goal. Running backwards with your hands behind your back is not helping your team. Ange to his credit cut him zero slack.

Farewell. He’s been an excellent club servant and never given less that 100%. Did a lot of thankless work under Poch, underwent a major positional change, was the main constant around a completely dysfunctional defence the past few years. I wish him well and frankly the negative comments about him are highly disappointing. He comported himself the way I’d want any Spurs player to. He really got it and he really gave a fuck. He wanted to be our captain and leader.

Wish him nothing but success.

Farewell. He’s been an excellent club servant and never given less that 100%. Did a lot of thankless work under Poch, underwent a major positional change, was the main constant around a completely dysfunctional defence the past few years. I wish him well and frankly the negative comments about him are highly disappointing. He comported himself the way I’d want any Spurs player to. He really got it and he really gave a fuck. He wanted to be our captain and leader.

He comported himself into the stands to get into a physical altercation with a fan. Let's not over do the great statesmen bit. It's not Jennings or Blanchflower or King we're talking about.

He’s been an excellent club servant and never given less that 100%.
I'm not entirely convinced by that, but I do think it may have been partly to do with his own physical limitations. So maybe he did try?

He did his job well in the Nuno/Conte season but he was never at any point close to being my favourite player. He sometimes seemed to try and pass the blame for his mistakes on to others, which I'm not a massive fan of.

I also don't think having some negative views of him as a player counts as being disrespectful.

I am glad that he's gone to a good team though and genuinely wish him well.

PS: They have beehives and a walled garden at Bayern, right?

I'm not entirely convinced by that, but I do think it may have been partly to do with his own physical limitations. So maybe he did try?

He did his job well in the Nuno/Conte season but he was never at any point close to being my favourite player. He sometimes seemed to try and pass the blame for his mistakes on to others, which I'm not a massive fan of.

I also don't think having some negative views of him as a player counts as being disrespectful.

I am glad that he's gone to a good team though and genuinely wish him well.

PS: They have beehives and a walled garden at Bayern, right?
Blokes talking like he's died. I've been generous in my appraisal of him as a person. But he was a player with self-evident limitations who wanted the move to Man United ( see Kyle Walker) could pass the buck too readily for his own errors, and seemed to never recover from that encounter with Pogba . I think he could have worked a bit harder at learning to deal better with the quick feet 1v1 encounter that seemed to have such a traumatic effect on his game. With N'dombele knocking about the place he had the perfect player to improve himself against. Instead he just refuses to tackle least he gets exposed. Like the bloke wish him well but he'd regressed badly and some of the problems were caused by gym vanity.

View: https://x.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1379753110772584448?s=20

He might've not been good enough towards the end of his time here, but he was "one of our own". Hope he smashes it in Germany.

BRB, running to "scatter some ashes".

Isn’t this a negative comment?

He doesn’t deserve hate, but nothing wrong with honesty about his performance the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom