Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Second week in a row AVB has changed up his tactics to good effort, allowing more space and thus permitting the team to display better attacking movement, so for the second week in a row I give him credit.

I don't think it was the final third was our problem today. We really shouldn't be wasting chances like that, it's still getting at me even though we won.
Oh I don't disagree, but I'm thinking more of our consistent problems through the season. Missing chances is a relatively new thing because we haven't been making enough so far. But as Jamie Redkrapp has just said on Sky, we are a point better off than we were this time last year, so all to play for and hopefully we will solve the problem with the front line. The jury is still out on the best way to do that.

One more thing ...
Although our performance deserved three points, we can't argue Lady Luck not helping us out.

Any other ref or day, and that handball on Sandro would've been a penalty ... and thus possibly only a point attained.

One more thing ...
Although our performance deserved three points, we can't argue Lady Luck not helping us out.

Any other ref or day, and that handball on Sandro would've been a penalty ... and thus possibly only a point attained.
We have had a fuck load of bad luck, and this pen call doesn't nearly even it up.

I appreciate how moments decide games, but for the neutral eye we murdered them.

Either way the win was fair.

Btw they are extremely poor. No chance of Gus keeping that lot up

Second week in a row AVB has changed up his tactics to good effort, allowing more space and thus permitting the team to display better attacking movement, so for the second week in a row I give him credit.
Combine that with a different line-up each week (forced on him or not) cant help but think that is a nightmare for the other team to prepare for.

We created bundles and bundles of chances today which was really promising. I think everyone with the exception of Defoe and Lloris were excellent today. Special credit to Lennon, Walker, Capoue, Holtby and Chadli. Also, really proud of a good performance from the much maligned Kyle Naughton.

As I said after the Fulham game, it is becoming more and more clear that Walker is becoming the best player at the club. His performance have been so mature and class.

Wouldn't mind seeing Chadli up top if that's what it came to.

Man of the match Aaron Lennon for me.

I was very critical of him after the Everton game but since then he has gone on to prove me wrong. We are starting to gel going forward now, for the first time we are creating chances and looking like the old Tottenham. Bit of luck in front of goal today we'd have scored 4 or 5.

Well done AVB and the lads, 3 points off the Scousers who are 2nd and we play them at the Lane next Sunday. What a fucking game that will be - COYS!

Lennon was excellent. All over the place.
Walker was great, was clutch on D and had some good looks on O.
Capoue was very, very solid with numerous interceptions.
Chadli had a fine game as well.

Special shout to Holtby who I felt was probably the best player on the pitch.

Very nice performance, which was unexpected considering the lineup. Just need to finish.

Man of the match Aaron Lennon for me.

I was very critical of him after the Everton game but since then he has gone on to prove me wrong. We are starting to gel going forward now, for the first time we are creating chances and looking like the old Tottenham. Bit of luck in front of goal today we'd have scored 4 or 5.

Well done AVB and the lads, 3 points off the Scousers who are 2nd and we play them at the Lane next Sunday. What a fucking game that will be - COYS!

Much agreed on AL.

He brings so much stability to that RW and you can see the benefit it has on the play and actually just importantly on Kyle Walker's game

We created bundles and bundles of chances today which was really promising. I think everyone with the exception of Defoe and Lloris were excellent today. Special credit to Lennon, Walker, Capoue, Holtby and Chadli. Also, really proud of a good performance from the much maligned Kyle Naughton.

As I said after the Fulham game, it is becoming more and more clear that Walker is becoming the best player at the club. His performance have been so mature and class.

Wouldn't mind seeing Chadli up top if that's what it came to.

Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom