Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He will only be good again in the minds of people that don’t really understand football. For sure there were people on here a couple of months ago who were claiming that he was world class. There is very little about him that is elite. As one of the richest clubs in the World we have to be aiming higher than Kulusevski
Spoken like someone that doesn't really understand football.

There is a huge difference between 'good', 'elite' and 'world class'.

Kulusevski is a very good player. He has a lot of qualities about his game that would make him a shoe in for most Premier League clubs. Whilst he may not be currently performing at an elite or world class level every game, the attributes he does have lend themselves well to further development - as in, he certainly isn't reliant on pace for the things he does well and it's more about his technical ability.

It's hard for me to believe his best long term position is on the wing and not a 2nd striker. The problem for people that don't really understand football is how laboured he does look when giving the ball away or floating a cross harmlessly out for a goal kick. The bad stuff looks exaggerated and the good stuff is often under stated.

Whilst I have never believed he is or will be a world beater, to suggest we are above him is disingenuous.
I think he was our best player on the pitch against City and Forest at least. He's versatile and can see him being a strong squad player for years to come.

Kulusevski is a very good player. He has a lot of qualities about his game that would make him a shoe in for most Premier League clubs. Whilst he may not be currently performing at an elite or world class level every game, the attributes he does have lend themselves well to further development - as in, he certainly isn't reliant on pace for the things he does well and it's more about his technical ability.

It's hard for me to believe his best long term position is on the wing and not a 2nd striker. The problem for people that don't really understand football is how laboured he does look when giving the ball away or floating a cross harmlessly out for a goal kick. The bad stuff looks exaggerated and the good stuff is often under stated.

Whilst I have never believed he is or will be a world beater, to suggest we are above him is disingenuous.
I think he was our best player on the pitch against City and Forest at least. He's versatile and can see him being a strong squad player for years to come.

Luton he was superb too.....

Sorry mate but I am not going to take any lectures in understanding football from you.I understand the game perfectly well. For example I called out the decline of Dele Ali and Eriksen a long time before most on here when it was not fashionable to do so and ultimately I was proved right. My point was that we should be aiming higher than him. He wouldn’t be a regular starter for Woolwich, Man City, Liverpool etc. If Spurs are genuinely ambitious then we should be looking to upgrade him. Too slow, too inconsistent and appears to have been worked out by defences. He is not a long term answer to our attacking issues at Spurs and unfortunately time will show that

Sorry mate but I am not going to take any lectures in understanding football from you.I understand the game perfectly well. For example I called out the decline of Dele Ali and Eriksen a long time before most on here when it was not fashionable to do so and ultimately I was proved right. My point was that we should be aiming higher than him. He wouldn’t be a regular starter for Woolwich, Man City, Liverpool etc. If Spurs are genuinely ambitious then we should be looking to upgrade him. Too slow, too inconsistent and appears to have been worked out by defences. He is not a long term answer to our attacking issues at Spurs and unfortunately time will show that

Oh no it's a "look what I said previously" poster.

Sorry, I can't take much seriously from somebody that can't correctly spell a 4 letter surname.

I dunno about 2nd striker, but he looks dreadful generally out wide.
He helps the defence out, but the issue is, when he gets the ball deep because of that, he rarely progresses the ball forward with any speed. Either via a quick pass or a run. And that's my problem with the whole team at the moment. There definitely are chances for us to get in behind teams, but we don't because we dawdle on the ball in our own half long enough that they get back and pack the box.

Oh no it's a "look what I said previously" poster.

Sorry, I can't take much seriously from somebody that can't correctly spell a 4 letter surname.
Blimey so because I miss off one of the l’s from Dele Alli that makes everything else I say garbage? Who the fuck are you - Roy Cropper?! I guess I can come up with a few four letter surnames that would be appropriate for you but I won’t bother going there.
Was just making the point that I understand the game better than you despite your claim of the opposite. Only the other day you said that looking at last season you can’t believe how important Sarr is to us now. I could have told you very early on that Sarr was going to be a proper player but hadn’t been given a proper chance by Conte. Still what do I know- clearly more than you but then I always thought a lot of your opinions in the past were pretty left field but I guess it takes all sorts

Last edited:
I dunno about 2nd striker, but he looks dreadful generally out wide.
He helps the defence out, but the issue is, when he gets the ball deep because of that, he rarely progresses the ball forward with any speed. Either via a quick pass or a run. And that's my problem with the whole team at the moment. There definitely are chances for us to get in behind teams, but we don't because we dawdle on the ball in our own half long enough that they get back and pack the box.
He has looked good when he gets down to the byline and uses his close control to beat a man and cut it back.
Also has looked more than competent when we were putting 1 touch, quick passing moves together that not only looked beautiful - were also very effective.. but I haven't seen us do much of this in recent weeks.

He has been a great outlet for us at times, more so in the first half of the season - being able to receive awkward balls, control them and hold it up. Richarlison mostly hasn't been capable of that and it's certainly not Son's game, so Kulu was our bit of strength in the attacking line we could use in that way.
Doesn't look great on the eye often doing the Heskey stuff, or what Kevin Davies used to do against us in every game for Bolton, but it can be very effective.

I do think he looked better playing in the middle overall than his games out wide this season.

Well I guess I know how to spell your four letter surname- it’s twat isn’t it?
Ok. Just making the point that I understand the game better than you despite your claim of the opposite. Only the other day you said that looking at last season you can’t believe how important Sarr is to us now. I could have told you very early on that Sarr was going to be a proper player but hadn’t been given a proper chance by Conte. Still what do I know- clearly more than you but then I always thought a lot of your opinions in the past were pretty left field but I guess it takes all sorts

Sorry, I just grit my teeth when I see people posting "i told you all this before". As though "everyone should listen to me because I know best" when it's not going to be true from any poster on here consistently, yet true for every poster on specific individual examples.

But then you drop 3 further examples of that behaviour, so whatever. You obviously genuinely believe you know better than anyone else. Perhaps you are a top level scout - even if you were we all know how shite they can be anyway.

I don't think it would have been a realistic prediction last season that Conte would get sacked and a new manager would come in to give Sarr a chance ahead of Skipp and Hojbjerg making him one of our most important players this season. It wasn't about 'being able to scout his potential' - it was about his status in the squad.
I think we all collectively realised after watching him play at the San Siro that we could have a proper player on our hands here.. but the next games it was Skipp starting ahead of Sarr still.

Maybe you do know more than me, maybe you don't. Either way, saying there is very little about him that is elite and would only be good in the minds of people that don't understand football is objectively and factually incorrect.

To suggest we are above the level of Kulusevski because of our revenue, then compare us with Man City and Liverpool in terms of player pull is straight up delusional.

Sorry, I just grit my teeth when I see people posting "i told you all this before". As though "everyone should listen to me because I know best" when it's not going to be true from any poster on here consistently, yet true for every poster on specific individual examples.

But then you drop 3 further examples of that behaviour, so whatever. You obviously genuinely believe you know better than anyone else. Perhaps you are a top level scout - even if you were we all know how shite they can be anyway.

I don't think it would have been a realistic prediction last season that Conte would get sacked and a new manager would come in to give Sarr a chance ahead of Skipp and Hojbjerg making him one of our most important players this season. It wasn't about 'being able to scout his potential' - it was about his status in the squad.
I think we all collectively realised after watching him play at the San Siro that we could have a proper player on our hands here.. but the next games it was Skipp starting ahead of Sarr still.

Maybe you do know more than me, maybe you don't. Either way, saying there is very little about him that is elite and would only be good in the minds of people that don't understand football is objectively and factually incorrect.

To suggest we are above the level of Kulusevski because of our revenue, then compare us with Man City and Liverpool in terms of player pull is straight up delusional.
No . You just disrespected me with your original post claiming I knew nothing about football so naturally I came back at you with some evidence that that isn’t true. To suggest that we should be aiming higher than Kulusevski if we are ambitious is not delusional either

Blimey so because I miss off one of the l’s from Dele Alli that makes everything else I say garbage? Who the fuck are you - Roy Cropper?! I guess I can come up with a few four letter surnames that would be appropriate for you but I won’t bother going there.
Was just making the point that I understand the game better than you despite your claim of the opposite. Only the other day you said that looking at last season you can’t believe how important Sarr is to us now. I could have told you very early on that Sarr was going to be a proper player but hadn’t been given a proper chance by Conte. Still what do I know- clearly more than you but then I always thought a lot of your opinions in the past were pretty left field but I guess it takes all sorts

Oh you edited the post, but you did come up with a 4 letter surname then retrospectively decided you won't bother. Good one.

Why should I believe you understand the game better than me or anyone else?
What made everything else you say seem like garbage to me were these comments;

He will only be good again in the minds of people that don’t really understand football.

I am not going to take any lectures in understanding football from you.

Nonsense. In my opinion.

Oh you edited the post, but you did come up with a 4 letter surname then retrospectively decided you won't bother. Good one.

Why should I believe you understand the game better than me or anyone else?
What made everything else you say seem like garbage to me were these comments;

Nonsense. In my opinion.
Not gonna get in a slanging match with you mate. Your history of posts show that you don’t know much to be honest. At the start of the season you said you wanted to loan out Sarr and bring in Tielemans. Enough said

bring in Tielemans
Im Not No Way GIF

Not gonna get in a slanging match with you mate. Your history of posts show that you don’t know much to be honest. At the start of the season you said you wanted to loan out Sarr and bring in Tielemans. Enough said
Sell: Lloris, Rodon, Sanchez, Reguilon, Sessegnon, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Perisic & Richarlison.
For a supposed 157.5m

Loan: Sarr, Tanganga & Spence.

Bring in;
GK: Simon
CB: Timber & Torres
Mid: Tielemans, Olmo & Ugarte
Wing: Nico Williams
ST: Evanilson

You mean this post.
I would still agree with most of that now to be honest.

Your history of posts shows a glaring trend of someone that thinks they know more than others based on nothing substantial. An old timer that is more out of touch than they realise.

You mean this post.
I would still agree with most of that now to be honest.

Your history of posts shows a glaring trend of someone that thinks they know more than others based on nothing substantial. An old timer that is more out of touch than they realise.
Whatever you say Mampi. You make a lot of assumptions about people without knowing anything about them and when they provide evidence that you are wrong you throw your teddy out of the pram. Old timer I may be (though not that old) but better that than younger dumb fuck like yourself. Jog on no marks

Last edited:
He has looked good when he gets down to the byline and uses his close control to beat a man and cut it back.
Also has looked more than competent when we were putting 1 touch, quick passing moves together that not only looked beautiful - were also very effective.. but I haven't seen us do much of this in recent weeks.

He has been a great outlet for us at times, more so in the first half of the season - being able to receive awkward balls, control them and hold it up. Richarlison mostly hasn't been capable of that and it's certainly not Son's game, so Kulu was our bit of strength in the attacking line we could use in that way.
Doesn't look great on the eye often doing the Heskey stuff, or what Kevin Davies used to do against us in every game for Bolton, but it can be very effective.

I do think he looked better playing in the middle overall than his games out wide this season.
At the moment I couldn't even credit him enough to compare him to Heskey.
Him holding the ball up would be great if it was near the opposition box, but it's on the halfway line.

He can be a good player, but I can't remember the last time he played well for most of a match. Especially when out wide where I feel he's holding us back more often that pushing us forward

At the moment I couldn't even credit him enough to compare him to Heskey.
Him holding the ball up would be great if it was near the opposition box, but it's on the halfway line.

He can be a good player, but I can't remember the last time he played well for most of a match. Especially when out wide where I feel he's holding us back more often that pushing us forward

Well he's a player that frequently gets rated as one of our worst every week on here except the games where he is clearly doing well.
Because we lost against Wolves he was rated 5.71 as our 5th best player on here.
If you look on whoscored, he was our highest rated player on the day. He's also our 4th highest rated player over the season.

Vs Wolves, 4 shots (1st), 2 on target (1st), and of course was our scorer.
4 successful dribbles (1st, 100%), 4 successful tackles (1st).

Though I can't quickly find up to date stats, earlier in the season he was 1st in the league for distance covered. I'm pretty sure he still covers at least the most distance per game for us.

He's our 3rd to scorer, only Maddison making more key passes per game, makes the most successful dribbles per game (also the most unsuccessful) and in turn is our most dispossessed player. Though I attribute a lot of that to Ange insisting wingers try and take players on.

He is a good player and offers us a lot. It's just not as obvious I think mostly due to what looks like laboured, lethargic movement - and those fucking back post crosses that never seem to come off.

Whatever you say Mampi. You make a lot of assumptions about people without knowing anything about them and when they provide evidence that you are wrong you throw your teddy out of the pram. Old timer I may be (though not that old) but better that than younger dumb fuck like yourself. Jog on no marks
You haven't provided any evidence of anything. Just got upset because I was equally dismissive as you are to others.

Age isn't what makes you an old timer, though it's probably about time you hung up that 30 year old Umbro tracksuit for good.

I'm 38, can spell Dele Alli, and am intelligent enough to not call other people I don't know dumb in the same paragraph as making criticism about making assumptions without knowing people - as that would only expose insecurities.

Making unsubstantiated claims about your foresight of Dele, Eriksen or Sarr has no relevance nor backs up your claim I originally responded to;

He will only be good again in the minds of people that don’t really understand football.

He's already good. Plenty good enough for our level. Is he world class or elite? No.
Ange thinks he's good, so by your logic, he doesn't really understand football - because you think you know something about youth level coaching from the side lines or what?

Get a grip.

You haven't provided any evidence of anything. Just got upset because I was equally dismissive as you are to others.

Age isn't what makes you an old timer, though it's probably about time you hung up that 30 year old Umbro tracksuit for good.

I'm 38, can spell Dele Alli, and am intelligent enough to not call other people I don't know dumb in the same paragraph as making criticism about making assumptions without knowing people - as that would only expose insecurities.

Making unsubstantiated claims about your foresight of Dele, Eriksen or Sarr has no relevance nor backs up your claim I originally responded to;

He's already good. Plenty good enough for our level. Is he world class or elite? No.
Ange thinks he's good, so by your logic, he doesn't really understand football - because you think you know something about youth level coaching from the side lines or what?

Get a grip.
Don’t need to get a grip mate. Nothing I claim about Dele, Eriksen or Sarr is a lie . If I could be bothered I’d drag up some old posts to show you but I have better things to do with my time unlike yourself who seems to be all over this site. Just not a fan of people who pull others down when they don’t themselves know their arse from their elbow.
Oh and by the way I have never owned an Umbro tracksuit. I played the game to a very good standard. So you are wrong to make assumptions. But I guess two can play at that game- you know perhaps I should assume that your vegan girlfriend was put off meat for life when she saw your shrivelled up sausage. Don’t bother replying . I have wasted far too much effort on you already ya daft cock stain

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom