Prison FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which underlines the whole 'power' aspect of rape and thus why he's absolute scum and deserving of a lot more than 4 poxy years behind bars.

Still; it feels like a minor miracle that yet another wealthy footballer hasn't bought their way out of trouble.
It's never about the sex with rapist mate. It just isn't.

He got what he deserved to be behind bars, may not be enough but in todays day and age celebs cannot get away with rape regardless of their status and money.

Its good the woman stood her ground and sent him down, im sure it could have been tempting in a way to drop charges and take a deal of a few million pounds from his team.

He got what he deserved to be behind bars, may not be enough but in todays day and age celebs cannot get away with rape regardless of their status and money.

Its good the woman stood her ground and sent him down, im sure it could have been tempting in a way to drop charges and take a deal of a few million pounds from his team.
I read that Alves used to be worth £50 million, but now has a negative bank balance. You've got to work really hard to get rid of that amount of money.

Yet it’s still amazing how many athletes manage to achieve this.
My own personal favorite: Allen Iverson, one of the most talented basketball players I ever saw, who blew through over $150 million in lifetime earnings.
enhance nic cage GIF

My own personal favorite: Allen Iverson, one of the most talented basketball players I ever saw, who blew through over $150 million in lifetime earnings.
Adrian Peterson too, famous NFL player one of the greats, blew 100+M
Now hems getting sued or something for not returning 5M loan from some firm.

I just read this mind-bending statistic. I can’t vouch for its accuracy.

Seventy-eight percent of NFL players file for bankruptcy within five years of retirement.

I think that it's a fairly well documented piece of data and I think you're seeing more and more athletes now learning from the mistakes of previous players. Some of it is just stupid spending and lack of any financial intelligence, but these people are also massive targets for leaches and people who will screw them out of vast amounts of money. I imagine that it's hard to suddenly find yourself in your 20's raking it huge money and fame with no understanding of relatively short window that it will last and how quickly it could all disappear with just a couple of really bad decisions.

One of my all-time faves. Absolutely incredible baller. But oh so troubled off the court. Think that early case against him when he got proper fingered for that bowling alley fight, that messed him up big time. And obviously that shite, nasty entourage of his...gold-diggers and robbing cunts aplenty. He just lost it eventually and done so much crap he wouldn't have done had he been surrounded by the right people. I do feel sorry for AI, though you still got the power to fuck them scroungers off at the end of the day.

I think that it's a fairly well documented piece of data and I think you're seeing more and more athletes now learning from the mistakes of previous players. Some of it is just stupid spending and lack of any financial intelligence, but these people are also massive targets for leaches and people who will screw them out of vast amounts of money. I imagine that it's hard to suddenly find yourself in your 20's raking it huge money and fame with no understanding of relatively short window that it will last and how quickly it could all disappear with just a couple of really bad decisions.
Celebrate Lets Go GIF by ESPN

One of my all-time faves. Absolutely incredible baller. But oh so troubled off the court. Think that early case against him when he got proper fingered for that bowling alley fight, that messed him up big time. And obviously that shite, nasty entourage of his...gold-diggers and robbing cunts aplenty. He just lost it eventually and done so much crap he wouldn't have done had he been surrounded by the right people. I do feel sorry for AI, though you still got the power to fuck them scroungers off at the end of the day.
I first saw Iverson when he was a freshman at Georgetown at MSG. A man against boys in his first Big East tournament. I knew he was going to be very special.
He grew up without a dad and the only father figure he had went to jail for drug-dealing. He got fucked in the bowling alley incident. He clearly had (has?) anger management issues and, truthfully, he’s not terribly smart.

Having said that, you’re right he’s been taken advantage of as a meal-ticket since he was a mid-teen. BTW, he was a tremendously gifted football player too.

View: https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1763481047155483047

"I don't care". :ange-snarl:
La Liga must be a crap league if an overrated shithead like Mason Greenwood can improve its status.

Then there are incredibly idiotic tweets like these:

View: https://twitter.com/MUnitedGirl/status/1763725662060175604

View: https://twitter.com/UtdJacobi/status/1763499631474782379

View: https://twitter.com/UtdKrag/status/1763481671368626595

Is this bunch of fools a minority among the Man United fans? I certainly hope so.
To be fair it is very common that the fans on Twitter who defend Greenwood live in countries where women are more or less oppressed.
Anyway: i hope someone snaps his knee.

She is alleged to have called a copper a "stupid white bastard" whilst heavily intoxicated. Not supporting the behaviour but...

Just a further reminder to all that free speech is NOT a right in the UK.

In any case,I have always had a problem with s4A of Public Order Act as it can theoretically apply to most speech in a public place.

"
A person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress, he—

(a)uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour...

thereby causing that or another person harassment, alarm or distress."

She is alleged to have called a copper a "stupid white bastard" whilst heavily intoxicated. Not supporting the behaviour but...

In any case,I have always had a problem with s4A of Public Order Act as it can theoretically apply to most speech in a public place.

"
A person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress, he—

(a)uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour...

She’s Australian that’s a term of endearment over there.

"

Racism doesn’t fall under free speech. If the guy is a cunt, call him a cunt. Don’t be bringing up skin colour for extra weight behind the insult, it outs you as either a filthy racist, or a fucking idiot with no impulse control.

If Joey Barton had called a black police officer a stupid black cunt, no one would have any complaints.

If it’s true, hope she gets the book thrown at her.

Back
Top Bottom