Should Levy Go Too?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should Levy go with AVB?

• Yes

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 88 61.5%

• Total voters
Well, if not for the brilliant legacy left behind by Redknapp, AVB would've gotten us relegated last year, so, basically, Ramos and Jol are a step up from that fraud.
If you honestly believe that, then this conversation ends right here. That's one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen on here, and does a good young manager a complete disservice. He wasn't the best we've ever had, not the worst either. He's not a fraud. 72 points cannot be fluked, and it isn't AVB's 'fault' he inherited a good squad. In fact, it was no doubt part of the reason he took the job, and part of the reason he has now been sacked.

I cannot believe this conversation is even happening.

When I first started supporting Spurs we were basically today's Fulham of the time. Two years ago we were competing in the Champions League and only missed out on it by a hair's breadth the past two seasons.

This is madness, absolute madness.

When I first started supporting Spurs we were basically today's Fulham of the time. Two years ago we were competing in the Champions League and only missed out on it by a hair's breadth the past two seasons.

I quite agree.

I quite agree.

It is absolutely devastating to me that I'm seeing this utterly insane view propagated by Spurs bloggers and commentators on Twitter that I respect too.

Spurs has been comparatively and unarguably one of the better-run clubs in the League since Levy took over. The fact that we made CL in 2010 having not finished higher than 7th from 1991 to 2005 should underline this clear as day.

We get it. He sacked someone you all liked (despite the fact that he had consistently failed as manager to impose any kind of style on the team in his 18 months in charge, but let's not go there). Find a way to grieve about it that doesn't involve having a pop at Levy's business credentials as a coping mechanism. You're absolutely melting my brain at the moment.

@ Erik_Edman Erik_Edman , you're right, (most) people are pissed off about AVB. But surely you are astute enough to realize that it's not just that... Even if you read through this very thread you will see people talking about him selling our best players, not supporting the managers he himself appoints, our constant fuck ups in the transfer market etc.

Levy's done a good job, there's no doubt about that. The question is, is he the man to take us further?

@ Erik_Edman Erik_Edman
Levy's done a good job, there's no doubt about that. The question is, is he the man to take us further?
This.

@ Erik_Edman Erik_Edman ... you say that we basically were a Fulham, which has changed due to Levy.
Yes it did, and we should all thank Levy for this.

But ... as @ truetomyself truetomyself points out ... is a 'brink of the top 4' type of club what we just want to be?
Just like managers help teams to move to a next level, Levy has done done same for us. And just like managers get sacked after they have done all that they could do, (while Levy can't get sacked) it may now be time for this board co. to move on also.

That being said, I appreciate Levy's business mind and approaches, but he has too few football minds around him. If he can get some more football methodology alongside him, things may get better. However, in the meantime my stance on him is Levy/ENIC Out.

he had the chance to cement us in the top 4, which is what so many seem to crave on here a few years ago when Woolwich didn't spend and were getting worse but he bottled it. Where was everyone moaning about him then??

Really don't understand why there's a sudden hatred for him from so many.

We've never been like Fulham. We were a far bigger club than Fulham when ENIC took over.

We'd just won a trophy in 1999, and reached an FA Cup semi-final, with Ginola as double Player of the Year. Our fanbase was way way bigger than Fulham, our income was larger than Fulham, We were nothing like Fulham then or the Fulham of today.

We were about the 6/7th biggest club in the country when ENIC took over, a bit like now. You could argue with a lot of justification we were stil the 2nd biggest club in London. Clearly now we're the third, we've slipped way behind Chelsea in the ENIC years.

We haven't made massive strides under ENIC at all. One trophy in 13 years, that's more like Fulham than the one trophy every five years we averaged in the 90s.

I don't hate Levy and would give him full credit on his business acumen, but on the footballing side of things, we have remained the "nearly" club and seem to cycle through Groundhog Day scenarios with our managers and best players, and frustratingly so.

I hope he shows up soon and shares with us his vision, if he has one, of where we go from here. Even if he's just honest in telling us it's trial and error for him and the Board in seeking the next Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger.

Can any of you fan boys tell me why for footballing reasons of a Tottenham nature sacking the ginger bearded twat was a more idiotic decision than sacking the bloke who delivered 4th 5th 4th and 3 wembley appearances.

Can any of you fan boys tell me why for footballing reasons of a Tottenham nature sacking the ginger bearded twat was a more idiotic decision than sacking the bloke who delivered 4th 5th 4th and 3 wembley appearances.
Do you think Redknapp could of 'taken us to that next level'?
I will always love Redknapp, definitely the bringer of the best football at the Lane that i've seen in my lifetime, and I wouldn't say he was a bad manager, but what was his plan for the longterm? The majority of players he brought in were stop gaps, there was no 'future' past the next twelve months with Redknapp.
Granted AVB's tenure was no where near as successful but our squad is in a far better position than it was when Redknapp left, full of youth and promise, wether that will come to fruition is another matter.
EDIT: we're Spurs, it won't:avbshit:

Do you think Redknapp could of 'taken us to that next level'?
I will always love Redknapp, definitely the bringer of the best football at the Lane that i've seen in my lifetime, and I wouldn't say he was a bad manager, but what was his plan for the longterm? The majority of players he brought in were stop gaps, there was no 'future' past the next twelve months with Redknapp.
Granted AVB's tenure was no where near as successful but our squad is in a far better position than it was when Redknapp left, full of youth and promise, wether that will come to fruition is another matter.
EDIT: we're Spurs, it won't:avbshit:

Had we received proper investment in the season we made the champions league?

Had we received proper investment in the summer of 2011-12 aside from 5 million on Scott Parker and Brad Friedel on a free? and Ade on Loan

Had we received proper investment in the January of 2012 aside from Ryan and Louis? (with the departure of Roman and Steven)

Yes I do as a matter of fact.

He'll carry on managing for a few years yet we could of carried on improving there was no need to sack him and replace him with an unoproven prospect, why not back him and then let us bring in proven talent in a couple of years time.

Thats what makes me laugh about all this questioning of levy...... its 18 months too late.... on a management level at least... #stratford

And Levy sacked the man who took us to the CL quarter final because he couldn't get on with him

nothing to do with harry whoring himself in the media regarding the England job!..

What about Modric whoring himself to Chelsea in the media. Most were quick to forgive and forget that...

‘Chelsea are a big club with an ambitious owner. They have great players and they have ambitions to fight for the title and win the Champions League.
‘I want to stay in London. I am very happy here and so are my family. I like the city.’
It is normal for a player to dream about playing for a bigger club.’

What about Modric whoring himself to Chelsea in the media. Most were quick to forgive and forget that...

‘Chelsea are a big club with an ambitious owner. They have great players and they have ambitions to fight for the title and win the Champions League.
‘I want to stay in London. I am very happy here and so are my family. I like the city.’
It is normal for a player to dream about playing for a bigger club.’

yeah & he's a cunt too for that & other reasons but this aint about him

Back
Top Bottom