Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Saints are about to have a mass fuck up and lose their chairman and manager I would suggest a bid for Rodriguez. He has been very impressive this season, and looks like developing into an established Premier League striker.

I really think a striker is a must because if :adegrin: is not on it or is out and when Defoe goes we look a bit lost and not really see where the goals will come from
Agreed who would you go for. Personally I wouldn't mind Lukaku, Remy, Hernadez, I would draw the line at Berbatov because although he would do really well he treated us badly and recently whored himself to the arse.

Haha people say this every time. Classic "Forest would take Messi in a heartbeat." Fact of the matter is, we'd hear if bigger clubs were interested, and more often than not there's a reason if they aren't. I believe you that he's good, but based on what I've seen and the clubs interested, he's no upgrade.
But aren't they being linked away because they aren't playing - because we have too many!! I doubt Defour would be any different, nor would he walk into our team. Seems pointless selling a squad player (Holtby, Capoue) just to sign another.
Agree.

I wonder how many players will give a shit about "it being a World Cup year" before Qatar 2022???
Probably why so many are bothered - because it's likely to be the last World Cup as we know it for a long time. Russia is hardly better than Qatar. The same distance issues as Brazil, but in the freezing cold and no national love for the sport.
I can still see Qatar getting overturned if Blatter steps down. Or so I hope.
If Saints are about to have a mass fuck up and lose their chairman and manager I would suggest a bid for Rodriguez. He has been very impressive this season, and looks like developing into an established Premier League striker.
He would be a squad player at best. Not a terrible signing, but I'd like to think we can get better.

you see the players Woolwich are being linked with and the players we are massive quality difference more worry about going back to late 90s early 2000
Oh shut up, we bought Paulinho, Lamela, Chiriches, Capoue, Eriksen, Soldado and Chadli in Summer. Woolwich bought Ozil , Viviano, Flamini and Sanogo. They also have quite a few injuries, ofc they'll be linked with better players than us this window since their squad situation is different. I doubt they'll get a player like Draxler anyway.

Come on guys we still have Soldado.

It's mid January and Soldado still has one measly goal from the run of play in the Prem

I think it's time to call a spade a spade. Obviously not entirely his fault since he was a poor fit in the Prem n AVB's preferred tactics.

Too bad spurs chose him over Negredo. That man is perfectly suited for the prem n an ideal Striker to lead the line. Tough beat

Oh shut up, we bought Paulinho, Lamela, Chiriches, Capoue, Eriksen, Soldado and Chadli in Summer. Woolwich bought Ozil , Viviano, Flamini and Sanogo. They also have quite a few injuries, ofc they'll be linked with better players than us this window since their squad situation is different. I doubt they'll get a player like Draxler anyway.

He's out till March :sherwoodwtf:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Woolwich-make-37m-Julian-Draxler-Schalke.html

Well would you swap Lamela, Eriksen n Capoue for Ozil ? I surely would

It's mid January and Soldado still has one measly goal from the run of play in the Prem

I think it's time to call a spade a spade. Obviously not entirely his fault since he was a poor fit in the Prem n AVB's preferred tactics.

Too bad spurs chose him over Negredo. That man is perfectly suited for the prem n an ideal Striker to lead the line. Tough beat
Don't think it was a matter of us choosing him over Negredo, more a case of City wanting Negredo.

Don't think it was a matter of us choosing him over Negredo, more a case of City wanting Negredo.

If I'm not mistaken , spurs paid more for Soldado then City did for Negredo. So I'm sure , spurs could have upped the ante if they truly wanted Negredo.

This is all in hindsight of course. It's just too bad Spurs got it wrong with their Striker selection

just a question how would people rate the leagues in Europe like 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th i would say Premier 1st 2nd spain 3rd German 4th French 5th Italian and then judge the players we are after and think what they play against most weekends.

Back
Top Bottom