Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

because I don't forgive him for the manner of his departure. He won't be welcomed.
He will by me
one of the finest players I have ever seen grace the shirt
yep, the manner which he left was shit, but the profit helped us buy other players. The saddest part was that Manure never got the best out of him (despite scoring 25 one season) and that whilst not so profitable in silverware, he would (probably) have had a more fulfilling career had he stayed with us.

Berba is still class. Didnt like the way he left but the talent he still has is there. A deal till the end of the season seems a no brainer to me with a new manager almost certainly coming in.

Speaking of which, should we really be getting rid of anyone until the new guy comes in?

He will by me
one of the finest players I have ever seen grace the shirt
yep, the manner which he left was shit, but the profit helped us buy other players. The saddest part was that Manure never got the best out of him (despite scoring 25 one season) and that whilst not so profitable in silverware, he would (probably) have had a more fulfilling career had he stayed with us.
one of the finest players I ever saw as well, no denying his talent back then. He made his choice, no turning back now his career's gone down the shitter.

Berba is still class. Didnt like the way he left but the talent he still has is there. A deal till the end of the season seems a no brainer to me with a new manager almost certainly coming in.
He's scored four goals this season. Heart clearly not in a relegation fight. Will he be enthused about a scrap for top four? Or just collect his 100k a week?
Speaking of which, should we really be getting rid of anyone until the new guy comes in?
yeah, Tim Sherwood. :adegrin:

Did you see Luke Shaw Vs Woolwich? guy is a Beast! if i was timmy id be chomping at the bit trying to get a player like him in the squad. He is for the future as well not just a means to an end for the season.
Shaw is good, but he'll be a summer purchase. British and it''s January. The price would be seriously inflated.

Besides, Weasel probably knows that if he doesn't bring top four he's out the door. So focusing on the next few months as a priority is probably exactly what he's doing.

I don't want Berba because he's "old". All our strikers are near 30! Buy a younger player (as I don't believe we have any worthy candidates in our academy)!

He's scored four goals this season. Heart clearly not in a relegation fight. Will he be enthused about a scrap for top four? Or just collect his 100k a week?

yeah, Tim Sherwood. :adegrin:

Dont know, quite simply, but i dont see it as a risky transfer and hes a shitload better than our current other option in Harry Kane...

I know you're only the messenger, but do we really need another £15m player unproven in the PL?

While he's not proven in the league specifically, he has performed consistently well on the international level against top ranked teams for going on three years now. He's already run Walker ragged before, and scored on England. This isn't just another blind acquistion (see: Lamela), this is as proven as it gets from a weaker league and directly addresses an immense spot of weakness. Very much hoping we pull this one off.

I know you're only the messenger, but do we really need another £15m player unproven in the PL?
I know how you feel, but as others pointed out, Kono isn't just a prospect. He's the real deal.

However, the latest news (from a reliable Greg Stobart) is that Kono is set for Pool. They're offering more money. If Pool do end up getting him, they will definitely be much stronger. And with Utd getting Mata, this race for 4th place is starting to look very very hard.

Regardless, I know most will disagree, but instead of Kono I really fancy getting Tom Ince.
A lot of people seem uncertain on him, but I guess we'll just have to see what he's made of. I think he's going to loan at Palace.

Back
Top Bottom