Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't want Berba because he's "old". All our strikers are near 30! Buy a younger player (as I don't believe we have any worthy candidates in our academy)!
That should be the way to go.

But ...

I think we'll have a better shot of getting a top youngster in the Summer after the World Cup. No one would want to come right now. In the meantime, Levy absolutely can not let this 1 mil pound Berba slip. Imo, this the the perfect temporary solution. Berba is a proven flat track bully in the PL, and should be very useful to us in the Europa league, let alone times in the PL too.

True, but would one expect Berba to move on in the summer? Could well see him ending his career with us. Would have to only give him a one year (or less) deal.

Down the shitter was harsh, but he was an absolute star for us, but another bit part player for United.

He could have been well near a PL all time great striker if he had continued that form for us.

To be honest im happy with that, he gets apgame time and (hopefully) LVG comes in next year and assesses the squad and sees if he likes him or not.

To be honest im happy with that, he gets apgame time and (hopefully) LVG comes in next year and assesses the squad and sees if he likes him or not.

Would've disagreed on the basis of LvG two days ago, but as of this moment I'm losing confidence in Sherwood based on his team selection for City and the remarkable inability to realize the need to address the obvious weaknesses. That City game was excellent timing. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong with an addition by tomorrow.

How anyone can judge Sherwood on last nights farce is beyond me..
We were getting into the game and getting at Man City when they were handed the game by some dirty cheating officials.
won 5 drawn 1 and a defeat at the hands of paid officials..

Last edited:
I dont dislike Timmeh at all but what the club needs (IMO) is someone with experience, particularly of winning, and considering the man himself said we spoke to him before the club also think they need it too.

Back
Top Bottom