Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im glad Sherwood didnt make himself look like a mongy Wenger and just ranted about the decisions for five minutes. Classless move. I think the praise for citeh was a bit :paulinhowtf: but im still happy for him to say it as it is. I remember AVB looking utterly shattered by the maulings weve had, TimSher looks like an up and at them type. Probably what a career as a player adds to management.

we beat the 'worlds greatest team' last season after going a goal down by holding our nerve. Before someone tells me something stupid like it was 'all Bale' No it wasn't we won the midfield battle by bringing on Holtby and Huddlestone to give us that extra steel.Goals from Dempsey and DEFOE got us some leverage while our world class player Bale sealed the deal with a third goal.. Hate AVB as much as you want but he had some idea what he was doing by overpowering Toure and Barry in the middle of the park. Meanwhile Sherwood starts bentaleb in midfield while Demebele goes missing despite having a 10 day break:dempsey:

I highlighted defoe because he is a useful player to have. I am totally against having only two strikers in the squad. Dear Mr levy the season does not finish in march and is it really worth comprimising top 4 chances for £6m? Really?

we beat the 'worlds greatest team' last season after going a goal down by holding our nerve. Before someone tells me something stupid like it was 'all Bale' No it wasn't we won the midfield battle by bringing on Holtby and Huddlestone to give us that extra steel.Goals from Dempsey and DEFOE got us some leverage while our world class player Bale sealed the deal with a third goal.. Hate AVB as much as you want but he had some idea what he was doing by overpowering Toure and Barry in the middle of the park. Meanwhile Sherwood starts bentaleb in midfield while Demebele goes missing despite having a 10 day break:dempsey:
Give him a call mate, you could be the marquee signing us Spurs fans are pining for
:)

I highlighted defoe because he is a useful player to have. I am totally against having only two strikers in the squad. Dear Mr levy the season does not finish in march and is it really worth comprimising top 4 chances for £6m? Really?

We only had two forwards in the squad when the ginger bearded fraud was in charge due to his playground attitude to Adebayor. Didn't hear this much whining then.

Good point, now let's say our first goal in that game was disallowed incorrectly for whatever reason you like.

Next up they are given a penalty for a great challenge and we are reduced to 10 men.

We still win three one I take it?

Or

How about last week, Dawsons goal rightly stands they don't get the pen and we play the rest of the game with 11, maybe we win 4-1.

Basically what I'm trying to say is you are an idiot.

Sherwood: 'To be fair Daniel's always asking: 'Are you sure you don’t need to strengthen in this area? Can I help you in this or that area?'

: 'I'm saying (to Levy): 'Look, I’m confident in the players we've got and I don’t need any help to strengthen, thanks very much'.

:paulinhobored::paulinhobored::paulinhofacepalm::dempsey::vdvcry:
Crawl crawl, crawl

We only had two forwards in the squad when the ginger bearded fraud was in charge due to his playground attitude to Adebayor. Didn't hear this much whining then.
Not sure that the full story has come out in relation to our former manager and Ade!! I do know that in most cases of Mexican stand offs it takes two to tango.

Spurs manager Tim Sherwood losing the support of Levy - with Louis Van Gaal waiting in the wings

Despite an improvement in Tottenham's form, Spurs boss Tim Sherwood hasn't impressed Daniel Levy in his first few games in charge

Swansea-City-v-Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-League-3038356.jpg

The Gaal of it: Sherwood has sealed results on the pitch, but Levy STILL isn't happy
Stu Forster
Tim Sherwood’s hopes of remaining as Tottenham manager are fading – with Louis Van Gaal waiting in the wings to replace him.

It is believed that chairman Daniel Levy , a long-term supporter of Sherwood, has not been impressed by elements of his managerial style.

And Sherwood may instead be offered a role working under Holland boss Van Gaal, who has publicly admitted his desire to manage in the Premier League next season.

Spurs won five of their first six League matches under Sherwood but were thrashed 5-1 at home by Manchester City on Wednesday, damaging their Champions League hopes.

Sherwood has been confident and abrasive in his managerial style – which has upset some players and left Levy wondering about his long-term suitability for the role.

The Spurs boss has also boldly gambled on young midfielder Nabil Bentaleb but the French youngster struggled against City and it was felt in the dressing-room that Sherwood should have considered more experienced options.

Laurence Griffiths - FIFA
2014-FIFA-World-Cup-Final-Draw-2899588.jpg

Louis Van Gaal is waiting in the wings for the Spurs job

Holland boss Van Gaal has not hidden his wish to move to the Premier League and admitted: “Am I still in contact with Spurs? There will come a moment that I can talk about that.

“Look at my CV. I have won a trophy every season during my club career.

“I am a winner and craving a trophy. This is why I am sick of being a national coach. I only see the players eight times a year. I am not enjoying the job of national coach at all.

“After the World Cup I want to coach a big club again and win trophies. Otherwise I will retire.’’

Van Gaal held talks with Levy in December – as revealed by Sunday Mirror Sport – but would not combine the job with his Dutch role and so will only join after the World Cup.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaal-next-tottenham-3102203#ixzz2s9y5RYnM
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

I think the hull game signified the end of TS's honeymoon period...whilst I'm not yet in the TS out bracket, his formation/tactics/selections have been questionable and no reassuring...
Actually hoping van gaal (even if he is a massive cunt) gets the job next season..

What I don't get is the story about Levy trying to convince Sherwood to buy players and Sherwood saying it wasn't necessary. If Levy is just waiting to get Van Gaal in, why did he want to let Sherwood spend money in January?

What I don't get is the story about Levy trying to convince Sherwood to buy players and Sherwood saying it wasn't necessary. If Levy is just waiting to get Van Gaal in, why did he want to let Sherwood spend money in January?

Maybe the players Levy wanted to buy were people the next manager has identified as targets

I am struggling to like the fella as our Manager, but on the whole I think he will do no worse/no better than AVB. If his days as our manger will end at the end of the season I will actually be pissed if he moves out the club. It has been acknowledged that we are building a formidable group of young tallent that will either break into our first team or generate a healthy income in sales (& no doubt Big sell on fees), loosing him and any type of continuity he and his staff have built may have a bigger impact on our club than our current first team manager issues.

On van Gaal; if he is to be appointed what is there not to be optimistic about. I think he will allow us as fans to re-set, ever since 'Arry flashed his knickers our fan base has been polarised, 'arry out/'arry in, AVB in/out and now we are seeing the pattern repeat with Sherwood. I feel the gravitas of van Gaal could be huge for uniting our fan base. If appointed he makes it part of his policy to keep personnel from previous team, IMO that should be Sherwood where he can continue to develope the club and himself.

Anyway, I know I'm jumping ahead but whoever the next appointment is I pray they are universally accepted by the majority of us and that Sherwood continues his previous role with the club.

Back
Top Bottom