Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This. No point in projecting lineups without Bentaleb and Ade in them if they're fit. We all know Timmy is Bentaleb's father and Ade has saved his ass.
Ade is not picking the ball up on the half way line or converting penalties, he is getting on the end of chances the team creates. Its what strikers do.

Premier League Away Table 2013-14...

P441_zps17250449.png

Premier League 2013-14

What's really interesting about this is Liverpool's relatively poor away form. Looking at one of their forums, they are most worried about us for a top four fight (more than they should be in my view) - their main concern is their own away form and dropping points to smaller teams that they should beat easily.
I still think they will beat us to it but games like these away to Newcastle are all very important. It's the kind of game we drop points, but we must get three points. Timmy's got this, right?

What's really interesting about this is Liverpool's relatively poor away form. Looking at one of their forums, they are most worried about us for a top four fight (more than they should be in my view) - their main concern is their own away form and dropping points to smaller teams that they should beat easily.
I still think they will beat us to it but games like these away to Newcastle are all very important. It's the kind of game we drop points, but we must get three points. Timmy's got this, right?

Who else could provide them with a legitimate challenge? Everton clearly can't score without a striker and are thus bound to drop more points in the near future, and Man U are just a bundle of problems. We have players we're baffled about being in the side and barely have any cohesion, yet we're three points off their best season in years. While no one would argue they have the better chance to make top four, I certainly would highlight us for the challenge if I were them.

Who else could provide them with a legitimate challenge? Everton clearly can't score without a striker and are thus bound to drop more points in the near future, and Man U are just a bundle of problems. We have players we're baffled about being in the side and barely have any cohesion, yet we're three points off their best season in years. While no one would argue they have the better chance to make top four, I certainly would highlight us for the challenge if I were them.
Also- there is that chance that suarez gets hurt (or goes ballistic again)

Siggy a doubt but interestingly he mentions Kaboul back in training for the 3rd game in a row! I'm telling you all he's going to displace our captain and leader one of these games.

The midfielder picked up a thigh strain in training on Saturday, ruling him out of Sunday's win against Everton. Vlad Chiriches, Erik Lamela and Sandro remain sidelined.

"Gylfi’s not too far away, he has a slight strain," reported Head Coach Tim Sherwood after training on Tuesday.

"Vlad still isn’t right. He has a back injury and it might be some time before he returns.

"Erik had a thigh strain, he’s over compensated with that and now it’s referred to his back.

"That’s not great news, but Younes is back in training, Jan has played a few games now and he looked stronger at the weekend, Paulinho is back, Andros as well, he just needs minutes and we all know what he can do once he’s firing again."

Back
Top Bottom