Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vertongen hasn't been great, but next to Rose, Dawson and Naughton, he must feel like he's been dropped in the deep end, those guys simply aren't good enough and let him down a lot (not that he's without criticism). Attitude is a bit shit, but I'd take a shitty attitude Jan over a good attitude Dawson, much as that pains me to say.

If Pellegrini has two brain cells he'll move go for Vertongen. City's defence needs works, and him and Kompany would be awesome.

There was something massively wrong with super Jan's body language yesterday.

I could see he was clearly pissed off with the lack of effort from some of the other players, and the distinct lack of options or movement when he was looking to pass forwards.

He is still a great player and I'm sure once he has a few more games under his belt and results pick-up (hopefully) his consistency will improve again.
Its not just yesterday, he's been like it for a while but I really noticed it as being massively overtly obvious in the Fulham away match where he looked utterly fed up at having to play left back and I really would not be surprised if he (and probably a few others) have already told their agents to put the feelers out to who may be interestd in taking them for next season.
Thats not being all negative and meltdown mode - thats just how football works these days.

Vertonghen should be questioning his own performances, and attitude, this season. Not our ability to cater for his demands. Based on this season's performances, he's not even a top player.

Vertonghen should be questioning his own performances, and attitude, this season. Not our ability to cater for his demands. Based on this season's performances, he's not even a top player.
Not sure I fully agree with that, we have had a disruptive season, with manager being sacked and a rookie being appointed. Squad being chopped, changed and added to and our constant injury list/coupled with our medical departments apparent lack of healing skills. We also currently have players in our side who shopuld not be there and this includes a lack of onfield leadership which our current skipper must take responsability for. Sure he is playing below par at the moment, but this will happen if others are not putting it in every week and we know who they are! Super Jan is one of our best players and I believe should be our next captain which should be included in current contract negociations.

Squad being chopped, changed and added to and our constant injury list/coupled with our medical departments apparent lack of healing skills.

He's been out for over 2 months himself, for which he was sent to and treated by the Belgian National medical team (blood spinning) so we've afforded him the best possible care.

He's been out for over 2 months himself, for which he was sent to and treated by the Belgian National medical team (blood spinning) so we've afforded him the best possible care.
I understand that players do have their own medico's, doctors ect ect. Maybe thats where the problem is in a general sense, the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. Does sound like he recieved top medical treatment?. Should all medical treatment be standardised.

Jan will be with us for years to come, I have a good feeling about him. As I do with most of our squad, as it happens. Silly bids aside, I think the likes of Jan and Hugo will stick around, even if we finish 5th or 6th, if the right manager comes in. If we finish outside the top 4 next season we could be looking at a mass exodus, but I won't panic until that happens.

Feel free to quote this post and laugh at me when he ends up somewhere like City in the summer.

Honestly, this thread has been laughable the last couple of days.

141362-004-BB0AD15A.gif

I agree wholeheartedly but he's probably already had suitors making him well aware that they'd have him just as lloris's has.

I've always said that you've gotta be a strange cookie if u decided , as a man, to go into gynecology as a chosen doctors profession & look at broken fu-fus all day.

An upside to LVG might be keeping Jan through his Ajax connection. Or is that far too tenuous a link.

Vertonghen was nine years old last time LVG was at Ajax but maybe they'll find themselves to be kindred spirits.

The thing is, even when he scores, his face looks like he's just been told his daughter's been arrested for prostitution. How anyone can tell the difference is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom