Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its the only place Xenophobia is applauded, isn't it?

"Yey! Well done for hiring someone English over a 'foreigner'"

lol
The very fact that it's so blatant as well to riddle the article with that word. Makes me want to burn down their offices.

Mail has been royally pissing me off again this weekend. Did you see yesterday they were trying to smear a Court of Appeal judge over the Harriet Harman affair by alleging that he supports legalised peadophilia? I don't think it's any coincidence that this judge also happens to be the first Lord of Appeal who is gay. Such a cretinous publication.

What the cunt Samuel misses in his "foreigners are bad" article is that even of Sherwood doesn't last beyond the summer, the fact is that we've given a "young English manager" his big break - and at a time when he hasn't even finished his coaching badges. If anything the club should be applauded as there aren't many in the top six that would give a job to someone entirely untried.

He wanted us to play a clear system which would yearn long term benefits

We gave him 10-odd games to integrate a brand new squad of players into the PL - classic Spurs

Despite what anyone things or says, the 'We' is us, the fans.

If the fans had supported the team through thick and thin earlier this season, then we'd probably still have a ginger manager.

Harsh reality. So many of us blame the decision makers, yet we're the decision makers too when we ply the board with no other choice thanks to choruses of boos and rampaging threads about "how shit AVB is" on a board that is first page on Google.

Annoying isnt it.................................................
b04e44257ee7ee522c5291c133ce2ffb.jpg

*sniff* :vdvhmm:

Despite what anyone things or says, the 'We' is us, the fans.

If the fans had supported the team through thick and thin earlier this season, then we'd probably still have a ginger manager.

Harsh reality. So many of us blame the decision makers, yet we're the decision makers too when we ply the board with no other choice thanks to choruses of boos and rampaging threads about "how shit AVB is" on a board that is first page on Google.
I think you overestimate how much Levy cares about the crowd.

We would have been 3rd last season when facing equal teams that were around then, Man City weren't the team they are now, so it's wrong to say that without applying it to both season at least.

marty-mcfly-favim.com-370159.gif

Nope as we wouldnt have had Ade's goals would we Marty., and chelsea would have been better for not having an incompetent manager and and and....

The very fact that it's so blatant as well to riddle the article with that word. Makes me want to burn down their offices.

Mail has been royally pissing me off again this weekend. Did you see yesterday they were trying to smear a Court of Appeal judge over the Harriet Harman affair by alleging that he supports legalised peadophilia? I don't think it's any coincidence that this judge also happens to be the first Lord of Appeal who is gay. Such a cretinous publication.

What the cunt Samuel misses in his "foreigners are bad" article is that even of Sherwood doesn't last beyond the summer, the fact is that we've given a "young English manager" his big break - and at a time when he hasn't even finished his coaching badges. If anything the club should be applauded as there aren't many in the top six that would give a job to someone entirely untried.
It is dire, so why read it?

I think you overestimate how much Levy cares about the crowd.

I think the board listen to the crowd, but wouldn't admit it as it would empower them in a way.

I can't think of many decisions they've made that, in reality, had echoed the sentiments of the fans.

Jol upset Levy about the Porsche and stuff, but at the end of the day he was sacked primarily because of the league position and 1 win in 10.
Fans wanted Ramos out for 3 wins in 20 games
Fans wanted Harry out for screwing up our one chance of an awesome season amongst other things
Fans wanted AVB out for 3 bad losses

I wouldn't ever put ourself near the likes of Tan or Ashley for dodgy decisions from the Chairman.

I think the overall feeling is that it is #spursy.

We finish 4th for the second year in a row and still don't get CL thanks to a Chelsea bodge
The next season we finish with even more points, but a place below because City hit form
same this season.

It's rotten luck, but I don't think it's fair to pick on AVB for building a team around Bale (which we wanted), or Adebayor & Defoe being cack all season.

It's all well us having a bunch of players who aspire to play in the CL, but we need them to want to play in the CL with spurs - not enough of them do I feel, and it shows when our heads drop

Big dilema, say if Lloris and Verts don't want to play for us anymore do we take the Liverpool route and force them to say or just try and get as much cash as piossible and have to buy replacements, got a feeling this summer is going to be messy.

Big dilema, say if Lloris and Verts don't want to play for us anymore do we take the Liverpool route and force them to say or just try and get as much cash as piossible and have to buy replacements, got a feeling this summer is going to be messy.
Depends a lot on the player, IMO.
Verts this season wouldnt be missed, he has been awful - as has his attitude.
Verts of last season is one of the best in the league.
Given his attitude this season Im inclined to think thats the Verts we would end up with if we forced him to stay.

Lloris, on the other hand, would just get on with it I think

Lloris stay, I'd drive Vertonghen myself. I'm not particularly convinced his heart is in the right place this season, nor before he signed, so keeping him against his will would no doubt be worse.

He's far more replaceable than Hugo, in fairness. The last match was evidence of that, as Daws and Younes were unlucky, whereas Jan was counter productive at left back.

That's probably harsh, but I think i'm pissed off by the look on his face when it happened

Samuel is still pissed off we sacked Redknapp, and he knows that his pushing of Redknapp for the England job played a big factor in it.

The press killed the goose that was laying the golden eggs, but want everyone to blame Daniel Levy for their greed.

I've said it before, Hugo is the one I'll be gutted to see go the most. He's France's number one, a true world class Goalkeeper and who delivers reliability. It must be destroying him to be shipping so many goals in a season.
If, and as with all things Spurs it's a big if, LVG is on his way to us then I think we do hold a hope of retaining a player like Lloris. But right now and with all respect for what Tim has had to do, a player like Hugo must be thinking who is this guy and this is not what I signed up for.

Players on the whole are assholes and they will happily fuck Tim over....if they're doing it already as I suspect they are in Verts case, then it's game over.

Depends a lot on the player, IMO.
Verts this season wouldnt be missed, he has been awful - as has his attitude.
Verts of last season is one of the best in the league.
Given his attitude this season Im inclined to think thats the Verts we would end up with if we forced him to stay.

Lloris, on the other hand, would just get on with it I think

Lister, it's seems I don't see eye to you with almost everything you post! Sorry! haha.

If someone can't spot the obvious quality of Vert, who IMO is the best defender we have seen here since Ledley, then we have no future.

I saw Vert, Walker, Sandro and Kab gift Chelsea 4 goals but I am not going to get mugged off that these are bad players or out of form. They are our BEST players.

And yes i've seen Vert do similar this season and it's not because he is a bad player. It's because our team shape, and some of the personnel in that team shape are SHOCKING off the ball. How could he have a good season under AVB? With the high line insanity? Being switched from left to right. With players like Rose ball watching playing everyone onside, or Vlad nutmegging people in his own era. What was in front of him when he played left back? The mighty Lennon, Townsend, Eriksen or Holtby Oleing players through to him?

We have a soft core of players and our managers are overloading the team with tiny dancers and bizarre team shapes and the BEST players of the team are getting pressured into making mistakes. Why? Because some players like Lennon, Siggy, Defoe etc can disappear and withdraw from the game because the going gets tough.

Vert is a victim of AVB's high line, and trusting the likes of Townsend, Lennon, Defoe could be our attack. When you have 3 prem goals between them all season, and 1 assist...The least of our problems is Vert. The VERY last thing we need to worry about is that player. The non events off the ball that are supposed to be attacking player like Siggy, Soldado, Lennon or Townsend who this year you can question are they even on the pitch: THAT is the problem. These players ALLOW our back like to be pressurized because we have no SPINE. The very basics of football. Spine and team shape will make players like Vert look worse than they are.

Lloris stay, I'd drive Vertonghen myself. I'm not particularly convinced his heart is in the right place this season, nor before he signed, so keeping him against his will would no doubt be worse.

He's far more replaceable than Hugo, in fairness. The last match was evidence of that, as Daws and Younes were unlucky, whereas Jan was counter productive at left back.

That's probably harsh, but I think i'm pissed off by the look on his face when it happened

vertonghen-reaction-o.gif

Glad we've got some emotion and remorse at blowing 50 mins of a good game

Lister, it's seems I don't see eye to you with almost everything you post! Sorry! haha.

If someone can't spot the obvious quality of Vert, who IMO is the best defender we have seen here since Ledley, then we have no future.

I saw Vert, Walker, Sandro and Kab gift Chelsea 4 goals but I am not going to get mugged off that these are bad players or out of form. They are our BEST players.

And yes i've seen Vert do similar this season and it's not because he is a bad player. It's because our team shape, and some of the personnel in that team shape are SHOCKING off the ball. How could he have a good season under AVB? With the high line insanity? Being switched from left to right. With players like Rose ball watching playing everyone onside, or Vlad nutmegging people in his own era. What was in front of him when he played left back? The mighty Lennon, Townsend, Eriksen or Holtby Oleing players through to him?

We have a soft core of players and our managers are overloading the team with tiny dancers and bizarre team shapes and the BEST players of the team are getting pressured into making mistakes. Why? Because some players like Lennon, Siggy, Defoe etc can disappear and withdraw from the game because the going gets tough.

Vert is a victim of AVB's high line, and trusting the likes of Townsend, Lennon, Defoe could be our attack. When you have 3 prem goals between them all season, and 1 assist...The least of our problems is Vert. The VERY last thing we need to worry about is that player. The non events off the ball that are supposed to be attacking player like Siggy, Soldado, Lennon or Townsend who this year you can question are they even on the pitch: THAT is the problem. These players ALLOW our back like to be pressurized because we have no SPINE. The very basics of football. Spine and team shape will make players like Vert look worse than they are.

Why are you talking about our previous manager? You do realise that Tim is manager now, right?

Back
Top Bottom