Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AVB was boring as fuck and shit.

Sherwood is erratic as fuck, which is more exciting, but shit.

Please lock thread.

That pretty much sums it up for me, like the difference between antiques roadshow and Jerry Springer, Jerry Springer will at least give you a laugh. I couldn't watch us under AVB this season, never seen us so boring.

We are crying out for a Rogers or Martinez, attacking minded, clever with some experience, maybe that guy at Southampton is the answer who knows.

Everyone always forgets the Everton win (5th) , the two wins over Southampton (8th) the thumping of Newcastle (9th), United (7th) and omits the incorrectly awarded game changing sending offs/penalties against City. and Chelsea.

The first Southampton win was fortunate (they were the better team) as was the 2nd where they were 2-0 up but should have been far more before they inexplicably decided to sit back on their lead. The first Southampton game also came at a time when they were in their worst form of the season. Everton were at least as good as us despite no Lukaku and should have had a penalty.

I'd admit though that we played decently against Chelsea (without really threatening) before the sending off, and also that we were the better team against Woolwich for the vast majority of the recent derby, - again without really threatening.

We are definitely a more exciting team to watch under Sherwood, but only because we're more open and don't compress the play - we're pretty much the same as Spurs under Jol, with some of the positives and most of the negatives.

I'm not arguing that there are some decent results in there, but it's the performances that have been lacking.

Save that Sherwood is not a professional manager....
P487_zps35c5dbfb.png

Not quite sure why the repost of this, but I think what SS was getting at is that Sherwood isn't a qualified manager, as he hasn't obtained his UEFA Pro license yet.

Either that, or in reference to the fact he's a head coach not a manager.

Or both. Was certainly not a reference as to whether or not he can throw results together.

While you're more than happy to lecture out your gospel on every one else here using the old 'I've supported the club for 150 years card'. And how far is Bermuda from London again? What makes your opinion more (or less) valid? I prefer a semi-intelligent debate, as opposed to your endless patronising and sly attempted digs at people who disagree with your cast-in-stone views.

As for not 'caring' - you said 'I support the club and not the managers / players' in addition to suggesting his comments were 'supposedly' made, insinuating fabrication. Two questions:

Do you not find it disturbing how the person paid to manage this club acts in the professional realm? Is it not seen as valid concern of fans to address that?
I don't see the point in having views and opinions and then changing them every time the wind blows.
Bermuda is 3,450 miles away - what of it?
Endless patronising? Oh well - deal with it, no sly digs here - they are all up front and on the table. Don't try to seek the moral high ground with me about quality of support and I won't keep reminding you what a plastic fan you are.
Your questions, are pathetic, because they are simply laced with your bitterness and bile because AVB got the push for having a hundred million pounds worth of talent given to him and managing to make it look like a hundred grands worth of 4th division talent.
Deal with it whiny boy, call yourself a supporter? The start supporting the club, and stop trying to take the moral high ground, and stop fucking slagging off anyone and everyone employed by the club that doesn't fit your egocentric views on football, tactics and skillsets.

edit - oh yeah, you enjoy a semi intelligent debate? Nice one.

I support the club which is why having an unprofessional clown embarrass us every week is somewhat of a 'concern' and hopefully a concept not too far for your to grasp

Your pathetic insults and generalisations (about people you've never met) and 100 years of supporting Spurs make your opinions no less valid nor relevant but the more ridiculous if anything. Froth away.

Thats what was funny under AVB. If you said he was shit, the same people slating Sherwood were asking:

"So...you think you know more than a professional manager about football.......???!!!??"
Oh I don't doubt Sherwood knows much, much more than me. I just doubt whether he knows enough to put himself up with the top managers.

Ultimately it's his man management that petrifies me not his football.

I support the club which is why having an unprofessional clown embarrass us every week is somewhat of a 'concern' and hopefully a concept not too far for your to grasp

Your pathetic insults and generalisations (about people you've never met) and 100 years of supporting Spurs make your opinions no less valid nor relevant but the more ridiculous if anything. Froth away.
I haven't insulted you, and its only 47 years you cheeky twat.
Unprofessional clown? He might not be the worlds best manager (who is with 20 games in to their managerial career?) but he's been a fully employed footballing professional since he was 18 (27 years) but to the best of my knowledge, isn't employed as a public speaker or does turns on QI.

US? fucking US?
Show me your last payslip from Tottenham Hotspur.

in fact show me your last 2 matchday programmes.................oh fuck, you only have one apparently.

US? Which part of North London are you from then?

Froth away, you have to be kidding me, this is like shooting fish in a barrel, you knock 'em up and I'll volley the fuckers back. This is fucking comedy gold. I couldn't be happier or laugh more without pissing my pants.

To be fair, Sherwood was employed by Setanta (?) as a pundit for quite some time, meaning he is likely to have some media training and thus has less excuses than most 'fresh' managers.

I'd say his achilles heel isn't that he can't deal with talking to the media, but more that he thinks he can. They love him for two reasons - 1: He's one of them, 2: He's missing the thinking behind the talking - making him a walking headline each time he talks.

To be fair, Sherwood was employed by Setanta (?) as a pundit for quite some time, meaning he is likely to have some media training and thus has less excuses than most 'fresh' managers.

I'd say his achilles heel isn't that he can't deal with talking to the media, but more that he thinks he can. They love him for two reasons - 1: He's one of them, 2: He's missing the thinking behind the talking - making him a walking headline each time he talks.
Three more games.
JUST. LET. IT. GO.

Lol.
3 people maybe 4 keeping this thread going.

Fuck all else to talk about as far as spurs are concerned ATM

No point in speculating who the next manager will be, as we don't know who is available or wants it......and therefore even less point speculating about transfers

And there's certainly no point debating team selection or tactics for our remaining games.....

Fuck all else to talk about as far as spurs are concerned ATM

No point in speculating who the next manager will be, as we don't know who is available or wants it......and therefore even less point speculating about transfers

And there's certainly no point debating team selection or tactics for our remaining games.....

It will be Capello.

You heard it here first.

Back
Top Bottom