AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PR worded differently when manager leaves club shocker....

Well done for never being under the impression AVB was fired like the rest of the planet was
Why are you right and everyone else wrong when it comes to the interpretation of ''club agrees departure''?

Considering the circumstances at the time I'd say it is more than fair, and probably correct to assume it was Levy that was the catalyst for the departure rather than AVB.

Last edited:
No different at all. If he was still being paid then either an agreement was likely reached - in which case it may well have genuinely been mutual or he was sacked and a provision in his contract provided for a period of pay and/or compensation.

I think too much is being made of the word "resigned" here. He may well be telling the truth. Alternately it may not have been translated properly by the press, or perhaps he may simply has said it to make himself look good and it wasn't actually the case.
Thank you.

However, my point was that if he was sacked then some severance package had to have been agreed upon, unless Levy moonlights as Willy Wonka:

I'd like you to show me the coach that gets dismissed and is offered zero compensation, in one form or another. If you can find one then I'll show you a manager that's got one incredibly shitty agent.

By definition, when a severance package is agreed then it is opened up to ambiguity, because both parties can claim mutuality, and it is less injurious to AVB's self esteem to talk about his "resignation" than it is for him to talk about being unceremoniously dismissed, or the like.

Thank you.

However, my point was that if he was sacked then some severance package had to have been agreed upon, unless Levy moonlights as Willy Wonka:

I'd like you to show me the coach that gets dismissed and is offered zero compensation, in one form or another. If you can find one then I'll show you a manager that's got one incredibly shitty agent.

By definition, when a severance package is agreed then it is opened up to ambiguity, because both parties can claim mutuality, and it is less injurious to AVB's self esteem to talk about his "resignation" than it is for him to talk about being unceremoniously dismissed, or the like.

Very good points, but we have now come full circle because according to sammy:

AVB sacked = shit manager cunt.
AVB resigned = deserting shit manager cunt.
AVB sacked but is telling people he resigned = lying shit manager cunt.
AVB mistranslated about sacking/resigning = mumbling, can't get his point across, none Russian speaking shit manager cunt.
AVB doesn't win the Russian league = shit manager cunt.
AVB wins the Russian league = Russian league << Championship shit manager cunt.

I believe the 'common' arrangement these days stipulates the manager would paid a compensation up until such time he finds a new job (takes up paid employment), as opposed to paying off the rest of his remaining contract. I see little evidence to suggest AVB was any different.

I believe the 'common' arrangement these days stipulates the manager would paid a compensation up until such time he finds a new job (takes up paid employment), as opposed to paying off the rest of his remaining contract. I see little evidence to suggest AVB was any different.

There's little evidence to suggest AVB was the same...

He said he resigned.
He didn't.
AVB said:
Хотя изначально хотел до июня не работать, а отдыхать после ухода из "Тоттенхэма".
AVB said:
ухода из "Тоттенхэма".
AVB said:
1uf4YO3.png

AVB said:
Что касается моего ухода из "Тоттенхэма", то там были контрактные сложности.
AVB said:
As for my exit from Tottenham, there were contract issues there.

I hope this clears things up. Unless you believe that the always evasive AVB could have said "my desertion from Tottenham"... In which case, you're a moron.

I think we need to contact AVB, sign him up to the forum and ask to explain himself once and for all who sacked (sucked?) who.

Is he on Tweeter? If so, can the resident social media mongs commence the courting, please

Ta

Last edited:
You don't suppose it was worded differently in these other cases because...they were different circumstances?o_O

Maybe...I know this might sound a little crazy but, maybe, "parted company with the Club with immediate effect", "has left the Club.", "have departed Fulham", and "have tonight parted company" are all reported like that because they were sackings and not decisions made "by mutual consent"?

Well done on finding a 3rd party translation of a statement that suits what you want to believe.

I believe he resigned, now he has said it.

Prior to that, I believed he was fired. Make it out to be my agenda all you like, but I think you will find 99% of people in general were under that impression too...so....as I said, well done for never, at any point, thinking AVB got sacked by Levy

In a nutshell:

"Mutual consent" is now the same as being sacked and being used to defend him so he cant be called a quitter....but if you say he resigned, you have "mutual consent" thrown in your face to say he did not resign......yet you are mocked at the same time for thinking he was sacked.....

Conclusion:
He was not fired....he did not resign......mutual consent = sacked

SO

AVB simply departed (proven by google.translate.russia.com) and is still entirely devoid of any responsibilty for his actions.

I think that he needed to make sure he had his hands on all of his severance pay before he commented further! Levy probably paid it in Installments subject to???

OK Archy, present your evidence...
Evidence that 'released' managers are paid up until such time new employment is taken up? It's general knowledge in the market - protects the employers in a volatile industry of performance driven results - why continue to pay someone while releasing him in the first place for being shit at his job?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ea-paying-Roberto-Di-Matteo-130-000-week.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ill-take-an-11m-hit-to-become-Spurs-boss.html

Last edited:
OK, Daily Mail and The Sun articles being used as evidence of anything is a novel idea...but neither article support anything about what AVB got or didn't get after leaving Spurs.

OK, Daily Mail and The Sun articles being used as evidence of anything is a novel idea...but neither article support anything about what AVB got or didn't get after leaving Spurs.
Do you really think AVB's employment contract with THFC had no clauses for termination and severance packages thereof, or that AVB's lawyers would simply accept a handshake from Dan and move on? That is probably the first clause any football manager in the PL would discuss first, prior to signing - especially at Spurs.

In a nutshell:

"Mutual consent" is now the same as being sacked and being used to defend him so he cant be called a quitter....but if you say he resigned, you have "mutual consent" thrown in your face to say he did not resign......yet you are mocked at the same time for thinking he was sacked.....

You know, this is half your problem. The fact you feel the need to call him anything coupled with believing that anyone with an opposing point of view is 'throwing it in your face' or 'mocking you'. (alright, in fairness I am mocking you quite a bit...but most other posters don't) really goes a long way to explaining your aggressive manner.
Conclusion:

SO

AVB simply departed (proven by google.translate.russia.com) and is still entirely devoid of any responsibilty for his actions.

You're really struggling with this aren't you? Can you really not accept that you don't know the specifics of his departure and are therefore not in a position to call him anything either way, and rather than the whole situation being very black and white the uncertainty over events actually leaves things, well, grey?

You're really struggling with this aren't you? Can you really not accept that you don't know the specifics of his departure and are therefore not in a position to call him anything either way

The specifics are he either resigned or was fired....that is black or white.

Either way he is a shit manager, and I am in a position to call him one after watching him manage my club for 18 months.

You dont know the specifics either....so stop posting PR lines form the OS as evidence of the nature of his departure.

You call it grey...its not grey to not know something..what does "mutual consent" mean to you?

To me it means that AVB was happy to leave, and the club were happy for him to, or vice versa. If he wasnt fired, he resigned....there is no grey area.

In a nutshell:

Conclusion:

SO

You have an answer for everything, mate. This is the reason most of your debates become so heated and pointless. Even when you're wrong you twist it or change subject so you can be right about something else.

37501d1394324081-frpp-tune-dyno-results-91-octane-im-not-always-right.jpg

Do you really think AVB's employment contract with THFC had no clauses for termination and severance packages thereof, or that AVB's lawyers would simply accept a handshake from Dan and move on? That is probably the first clause any football manager in the PL would discuss first, prior to signing - especially at Spurs.
So there's no evidence that he got anything other than the assumption that he must have got something.

In fairness to Arcy, a severance package either includes a one off payment or continued payment under their contract until another appointment is found. Normally it's the former.

You have an answer for everything, mate. This is the reason most of your debates become so heated and pointless. Even when you're wrong you twist it or change subject so you can be right about something else.

Not at all. My views are very simple.

People are trying to argue with me, that I cant know what went on so I cant possibly have an opinion on it.

But they can have an opinion on it.

If the debate is pointless, hop off. If its too heated, then stick to the subject. The subject is AVB, yet you are not talking about him. Odd.

Back
Top Bottom