Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

B9pX4gYIEAAM6fk.jpg

We have a massive disadvantage physically going into this final. Chelsea have seven days in advanced to prepare, we only have 3. Got this from a professional Physio's column - If you go on the secret footballer's website, it's titled 'chelsea-v-tottenham-hotspur-should-make-for-a-compelling-capital-one-cup-final.

Well, take this from me, a professional physician. It's not as easy as that. And I wouldn't say it's massive.

Football isn't track and field. It is a tough task for us, but football isn't just about how much energy you got left. Our squad is supposedly were well trained. If they are up for it, them underestimating us because they have had more time off could be another huge factor. So while I agree there is a point well made, it's only marginal. The most important part of this is mentally - that is the biggest task!

Last edited:
Well, take this from me, a professional physician. It's not as easy as that. And I wouldn't say it's massive.

Football isn't track and field. It is a tough task for us, but football isn't just about how much energy you got left. Our squad is supposedly were well trained. If they are up for it, them underestimating us because they have had more time off. So while I there is a point well made, it's only marginal. The most important part of this is mentally - that is the biggest task!

We always beat Chelsea in 2015. Not sure what the fuss is.

Looking forward to a great match.

Whichever side wins, Woolwich loses.

Woolwich will probably go on another trophyless streak, I don't see it retaining the FA Cup.
And we have the Europa League (and a CL spot) up for grabs.

We have a massive disadvantage physically going into this final. Chelsea have seven days in advanced to prepare, we only have 3. Got this from a professional Physio's column - If you go on the secret footballer's website, it's titled 'chelsea-v-tottenham-hotspur-should-make-for-a-compelling-capital-one-cup-final.

If Poch plays his cards right, we won't be too knackered from the match before the Wembley final. Some sensible squad rotation will help.

Also, not too arsed about the COC. The priority must be qualifying for next season's CL. Either do it the hard way (finish top 4) or the semi-hard way (win the EL). Once you have CL football, you hold a great bargaining chip when it comes to making signings. Beautiful things will follow.

If Poch plays his cards right, we won't be too knackered from the match before the Wembley final. Some sensible squad rotation will help.

Also, not too arsed about the COC. The priority must be qualifying for next season's CL. Either do it the hard way (finish top 4) or the semi-hard way (win the EL). Once you have CL football, you hold a great bargaining chip when it comes to making signings. Beautiful things will follow.
Completely the opposite for me, the cup should be our top priority. This club is one of the greatest clubs in history, defined by our cup success. it's in our DNA ,without our cup achievements our 2 league titles 50yrs ago makes us compatible with Burnley.

Completely the opposite for me, the cup should be our top priority. This club is one of the greatest clubs in history, defined by our cup success. it's in our DNA ,without our cup achievements our 2 league titles 50yrs ago makes us compatible with Burnley.
For me, league cup should definitely be the priority now we are in the final. If we were in the final of the EL then that's a different story. But there's a long way to go in that competition, and plenty of good teams left in it. We need to rest players in Italy and try and get in the CL through our league position, unless we somehow manage to still get through to the next round, in which case (IMO) we need to make a decision whether to prioritise league or EL. The squad's not strong enough for both.

I'm not a physio but if you look at our results over the years after EL games they've been poor. It's not just the fitness but the amount of time spent focusing on the weekend match (tactics etc). IMO we stand very little chance against the chavs unless we focus our energies 100% on that game, considering they are already the stronger team and will have a full week to prepare.

Back
Top Bottom