Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think I was starting to soften on him but that brought it all flooding back. Who calls the press 'mate' for fuck sake

Yeah, I mean, its like he wore a body warmer or sumfink...I meen...he aint even got no coaches badges....you know, like, he didnt wear a suit, like them biznez men ....I mean, like, he used ta support Woolwich when he was little'un....d'ya naaat I meeen like....he aint got the tactix an that. Hope he loses every game forever and Villa go non league and Tim gets sacked and sacked and sacked..like.....u know

Jesus...this thread is fucking sad

Yeah, I mean, its like he wore a body warmer or sumfink...I meen...he aint even got no coaches badges....you know, like, he didnt wear a suit, like them biznez men ....I mean, like, he used ta support Woolwich when he was little'un....d'ya naaat I meeen like....he aint got the tactix an that. Hope he loses every game forever and Villa go non league and Tim gets sacked and sacked and sacked..like.....u know

Well what do you expect? Tim is a very unpopular man amongst most Spurs fans.

And wrongly so.

Fair enough if people disagree with how he did certain things (I disagreed with most things ranging from tactics to how he dealt with the media) but the vitriol directed at him is embarrassing IMO.
The guy did what he could for us and and did some great stuff with the youth which will be with us for years.

In fact I don't get the hate some fans have for ex-managers including Arry or AVB too. They all played their part in one way or another. Arry had us playing great stuff and climbing high in the table, the CL run etc. AVB got our highest points total, historic win at Old Trafford which should never be forgotten as we've done well against them ever since. Sherwood with the youth.

Most Spurs fans? Did you come to that conclusion all by yourself, or are you using ten posters on TFC as your guide.

And are they going to slag off the Villa manger for another 300 pages?
Like I said, fucking sad.

I don't care what he wears or what qualifications he does or doesn't have. My personal opinion is that he seems a bit of a cunt and he made us, this glorious club, look fucking small time.
Only reason I might wish failure on him is to see a cocky wanker taken down a few pegs. But then we can assume he'll probably blame anyone but himself.

made us, this glorious club, look fucking small time.

On or off the pitch?
Funny how some of the most telling parts of his legacy (and the most unpopular on here at the time) have been implemented by Poch.
Benching Soldado
Playing Kane
Playing Eriksen
Playing Bentaleb
Playing Chadli
Dropping Holtby/Capoue
Playing Ade (who scored 14 goals in three months)

All met with derision and ridicule from people now lauding the fuck out of it. Hilarious.

I couldnt care less what a manager says on tv, like I didnt with Harry, and like I wouldnt if we had Jose in charge winning us titles.

The Sherwood topic feels like it's going to be forever discussed by Spurs fans.
Always going to have a lot feeling that he should be given minimal credit and another feeling that he should have been given more

Most Spurs fans? Did you come to that conclusion all by yourself, or are you using ten posters on TFC as your guide.

And are they going to slag off the Villa manger for another 300 pages?
Like I said, fucking sad.

I've spoken to many Spurs fans, both on here and in the real life actual world...Tim is not popular amongst most in both.

I've spoken to many Spurs fans, both on here and in the real life actual world...Tim is not popular amongst most in both.

You know what, I couldnt actually give a toss what "most Spurs fans" think of Aston Villas manager.

I'll let you all enjoy this thread for many, many years to come, in peace.

tata

The thing with Sherwood is, if you're simple he can seem charming knowledgable witty and just a generally "good bloke"
But under the surface he's a tactless fucking prat. He seems to be trying to hard to pull the Jose Mourinho, cocky young manager schtick. I find him unbearable. His interviews are embarrassing and you can just tell he's a two faced little cunt.

On or off the pitch?
Funny how some of the most telling parts of his legacy (and the most unpopular on here at the time) have been implemented by Poch.
Benching Soldado
Playing Kane
Playing Eriksen
Playing Bentaleb
Playing Chadli
Dropping Holtby/Capoue
Playing Ade (who scored 14 goals in three months)

All met with derision and ridicule from people now lauding the fuck out of it. Hilarious.

I couldnt care less what a manager says on tv, like I didnt with Harry, and like I wouldnt if we had Jose in charge winning us titles.

Good for you. And like so many people have said, it's ok to not deride absolutely everything he did whilst manager, admittedly SOME good things, but also think the guy is a prize cunt. And it's open season now because he's no longer affiliated to us. So you can stop defending him now.

I was neutral towards him, I'll admit. Never really won me over but didn't do anything to make me call for his head.

Looking back with hindsight, it's obvious now he had lost the dressing room. If we hadn't got rid of him, Verts and Eriksen and other senior players would have demanded to leave I have no doubt. His media was always a bit too unprofessional for us. I will never forgive him for his comments after he left about Verts, as a professional you just don't say stuff like that.

The Sherwood topic feels like it's going to be forever discussed by Spurs fans.
Always going to have a lot feeling that he should be given minimal credit and another feeling that he should have been given more
Its nice that they have Timmy to focus on now that Harry is off the scene....

He made a lot of people look prats for their opinions on him starting the likes of Bentaleb and Kane over Capoue and Soldado etc... It obviously rankles with them.

Its nice that they have Timmy to focus on now that Harry is off the scene....

He made a lot of people look prats for their opinions on him starting the likes of Bentaleb and Kane over Capoue and Soldado etc... It obviously rankles with them.
Bore off you mug

I can't stand him. One of the worst mistakes we ever made, to allow this clown to manage us. The number of ways he's condescending, to a superior too, is ridiculous. "This guy", is degrading and belittling, especially when he states his name in the very next breath. "He has carried that on", as if Poch actually gave a shit what Sherwood did.

He's going to talk about Spurs every single fucking week and I'm dreading it. Since taking over Villa he's hit the headlines weekly.

Back
Top Bottom