Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm gonna try and manufacture the only positive I can out that that situation. They have this time to reflect on how shit they were today (I didn't even see the game and have no idea if they were shit but they didn't beat Burnley at home, it will hurt) time to reflect their loss to Bradford and time to reflect their poor performance against PSG where they were lucky to not be beaten 4-1. These recent poor performances, the prospect of facing a team that shredded them on New Years Day and the burden of being the favourites will to too much for them.

Look at it this way.

They had 5 days rest, when we had 9. Despite that rest they drew with PSG and drew with Burnley. Those 5 days rest didn't seem to do them much good; rest isn't always a great thing, Eriksen looked rusted on Thursday.

Ok two things.

1. Someone pleeeeease help me get a ticket for this game as I will now be in London for it!
2. If point 1 fails - where are the majority of you other ticketless folk watching the game pub wise. If I can't be in the stadium I may as well be surrounded by other yids

I'm worried that my Kane shirt won't arrive before the match,

Ordered it on 2/7. Wait cough [translation] 7/2, but they didn't confirm that it was "picked and packed" until the 16'th, which on a 14 day "guaranteed" intl shipping would put me receiving my kit the day before or the day of the match.

And apparently Royal Mail doesn't think much of tracking numbers, dammit.

Can we have Atkinson ref the game next Sunday?

Matic will probably be glad to miss the final, got absolutely bossed in the 5-3. Mourinho would have most likely changed things anyway.

Ok two things.

1. Someone pleeeeease help me get a ticket for this game as I will now be in London for it!
2. If point 1 fails - where are the majority of you other ticketless folk watching the game pub wise. If I can't be in the stadium I may as well be surrounded by other yids
Don't quote me on this but I think B&H is where we'll be witnessing the glory/abject misery.

Ok two things.

Seems like a lot of people are going to the Bill Nick. I think I'm going to try there.

I'm worried that my Kane shirt won't arrive before the match,

Ordered it on 2/7. Wait cough [translation] 7/2, but they didn't confirm that it was "picked and packed" until the 16'th, which on a 14 day "guaranteed" intl shipping would put me receiving my kit the day before or the day of the match.

And apparently Royal Mail doesn't think much of tracking numbers, dammit.
FWIW, I ordered mine on the 29th of January, and got it on the 13th of February.

But since you're in Virginia, the First Colony, perhaps the Royal Mail delivers there a little more quickly? (I live in the sixth colony.)

Is anyone bothering with The Torch? Seems like it's gonna be absolutely rammed so will probably swerve it. Can't stand busy pubs.

Is anyone bothering with The Torch? Seems like it's gonna be absolutely rammed so will probably swerve it. Can't stand busy pubs.
Given that it looks like our 'main' pub it'll definitely be rammed yeah. Hopefully they'll have some kind of outside bar for quick service like in the Green Man. I had a look down our list of designated 'pubs' and looked them up on Streetview and most of them look more like cafes than pubs, and it looks like the Torch is the only one with a beer garden. Not sure there'll be much alternative.

Back
Top Bottom