Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Proper gutted like everybody. Mourinho was always going to find a tactic to nullify us compared to the NYD smashing. Long ball stuff prevented a high press, doubling up on Kane, playing for as many fouls/set pieces as they could.
We were a bit lightweight and the soft goals are frustrating, timing of both killed us.

We didn't roll over and had plenty of possession but it was mostly comfortable for them. Eriksen free kick going in early would've been magic and who knows.

The fact that scum-bag Terry and that absolute prick Costa get the goals and glory is just gut-wrenching. What the fuck did Ramires have to do to get booked???? He should've been carded very early and off later, the referee was in their pocket and it was sickening. Thank god there wasn't a huge call to make that ended up being the only difference because he would've given it to them for sure.

3 simple words sum up today: We are Tottenham

Our team weren't as good today, but our history, fans, manager and everything is much more classy than that shower of shit. Well done... you've won a Carling Cup with a hell of a lot more money more than us.

Their fans don't truly appreciate it.. and why should they? To me they are not a real football club... A sad team whose soul has been ripped away by billions of pounds and racist fans. I'd much rather be a Tottenham Hotspur fan, who had 5 academy players in the starting XI today, than a bunch of fascist, racist, reliant-on-billions plastic flag waving weirdos who don't have a clue what real support is. YID ARMY!

Bunch of mugs, fucking yo-yo club that won the lottery.

So Lloris, Walker, Dier, Bentaleb, and Vertonghen cannot be considered quality because they don't score goals? You are literally asserting you cannot be a quality player without scoring goals.

Kane is the highest scorer in all competitions in the entire league and Eriksen is the highest scoring (non-penalty) EPL midfielder besides Toure in the last two seasons. We have players that can score, just because they didn't in one game against a Mourinho team playing five defenders doesn't mean they can't. Could we use more players that can score? Of course every team could. Also, are best players are 25 and under which means they will likely continue to improve.

Chelsea played roughly the same amount of goalscoring threats as we did today. Only Hazard, Costa, and Ivanovic have more than three league goals.

Wall against head moment.

I say we only have 3 players who can score. You say, "Well, what about Kane and Eriksen!?".

Forget it. We played amazingly, we should have won, they never threatened us and we were all over them. We had a better bench to call on, with more goals on it and we'll win the league in the next two years. If that's what you want to hear, there you go.

Well I'm home. Can't be bothered reading the thread, so here are my opinions from the match, let me know if it matches the general consensus.

Mourinho set his team up around stifling Kane rather than trying to win.
Chelsea players fall to the ground a lot.
The referee bought everything Chelsea were selling.
We never really got anything going and should have tested Cech more.
It really really fucking rained, only on Spurs fans though #spursy
We need to stop taking quick free kicks, been the same all season.
The referee did nothing to stop their incredibly obvious time wasting tactics which started around the 65th minute.
We aren't allowed nice things. Getting tickets to the game AND seeing us score would have been asking for too much.

Proper gutted like everybody. Mourinho was always going to find a tactic to nullify us compared to the NYD smashing. Long ball stuff prevented a high press, doubling up on Kane, playing for as many fouls/set pieces as they could.
We were a bit lightweight and the soft goals are frustrating, timing of both killed us.

We didn't roll over and had plenty of possession but it was mostly comfortable for them. Eriksen free kick going in early would've been magic and who knows.

The fact that scum-bag Terry and that absolute prick Costa get the goals and glory is just gut-wrenching. What the fuck did Ramires have to do to get booked???? He should've been carded very early and off later, the referee was in their pocket and it was sickening. Thank god there wasn't a huge call to make that ended up being the only difference because he would've given it to them for sure.
Costa's goal is now been given as a Kyle Wlaker own goal.

Gutted about the result but don't feel down one bit. Today confirmed that we have a very exciting future with a young team, that is creating great football identity. Today also confirmed we have the greatest supporters in the world, out sung the chavs all day, even leaving the stadium we were in full voice, some great vids already doing the rounds (would post but on mobile).

Finally back after an arse of a journey across London. I'm feeling genuinely quite heart broken by the result. Those cunts deserve so little but continue to get so much.
It was a funny atmosphere today - especially with their no show. The truth is, however much effort fans put in, the atmosphere in a large bowl arena is shit compared to e.g. WHL. But we did try and were singing until the end.
I think we've run out of steam a bit this season, but Chelsea did still do a good - if dull - job in keeping us down. Honestly, if Mourinho was on Master Chef, he'd win by turning off everyone else's ovens and making a dull - but technically nutritious - salad.
I am, though, genuinely proud of our team and how the young core of our side is developing this season. It's only a few months on from one of the most chaotic and shambolic seasons we've had in years. There is A LOT to be positive about this season and, as I've probably said before, Poch and the squad will learn so much from this year.
And every episode he gets fresh new ingredients and nobody else gets anything

Wall against head moment.

I say we only have 3 players who can score. You say, "Well, what about Kane and Eriksen!?".

Forget it. We played amazingly, we should have won, they never threatened us and we were all over them. We had a better bench to call on, with more goals on it and we'll win the league in the next two years. If that's what you want to hear, there you go.
JDK JDK supports Spurs - you don't. It's not all about being pragmatic. You can't see that - you have no passion, no fucking anything - I wish that you'd fuck off, you make gibbs look like Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman

Back
Top Bottom