Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope this is the wake up call levy needs, we are so close to something great but we need a bit more, this summer is so important.
I agree but we say this every season. And those who keep saying the future's so bright cos we have a team full of promising youngsters should be prepared for some Levy time as soon as the right bid comes in for the brightest of them. Having this young team is one thing, keeping it and allowing it to flourish is quite another with Levy at the helm.

I don't mind trolls if they're imaginative and wittty. But these cunts are pathetic.

Anyway to the game, felt it was a bit of a missed opportunity to be honest. Didn't think Chelsea played well other than defensively, but we simply didn't threaten enough. The areas that Pochettino needs to try and strengthen were perfectly evident in today's game. He was unable to bring a striker on who could potentially change the game for us, and our 3 players behind Kane simply are too often ineffective through large periods of games. Chadli has a decent scoring record but lacks the ability to create chances for himself and others, Townsend is Townsend, and Eriksen is supremely talented but flitters too often between great and anonymous. If you put in a quality centre forward and a wing forward who is equally adept at scoring and creating chances I think this team could go a long way. Thought Bentaleb in particular was outstanding today.

I walked out the ground feeling pretty down and disappointed. But it didn't take long for the Spurs supporters singing all the way down Wembley Way towards the station to pick me right up and remind me why I support this football club. Proud to be Spurs despite the result.

Christ, you've either got no idea what my point was or you just love twisting things.

Youth is fucking useless unless we buy quality. Quality, as in players who can score goals, as we're currently limited to 3 out of 25. It doesn't matter if a fucking defensive midfielder is young in this respects.

It's easy to stop us scoring. Man Mark Kane out of the game. Done. Next summer we need to make sure that doesn't happen.

Chelsea goals scored: 56
Tottenham goals scored: 41.

If you compare those two tables and don't see that we only have 3 threats, whereas Chelsea have several, then I'm not sure what you can see.

So Lloris, Walker, Dier, Bentaleb, and Vertonghen cannot be considered quality because they don't score goals? You are literally asserting you cannot be a quality player without scoring goals.

Kane is the highest scorer in all competitions in the entire league and Eriksen is the highest scoring (non-penalty) EPL midfielder besides Toure in the last two seasons. We have players that can score, just because they didn't in one game against a Mourinho team playing five defenders doesn't mean they can't. Could we use more players that can score? Of course every team could. Also, are best players are 25 and under which means they will likely continue to improve.

Chelsea played roughly the same amount of goalscoring threats as we did today. Only Hazard, Costa, and Ivanovic have more than three league goals.

Your just not as funny as me twat.
Statistically, you're way off the mark (and I know how much jam heads like stats)

image.png

image.png

Still l loved the boyfriend thing - are you available? I really would like to fuck you up the arse. At the moment it seems I'm on top, but we could negotiate?

Two shots on target. Two, in a cup final game.

We've played shit. Kane barely touched the ball, Eriksen didn't show up as usual, Townsend did nothing, Chadli looked rusty.

We've dropped 4 points, lost a final and knocked out of Europe in the space of 2 weeks. Conceded 10 goals and scored 5 in 5 games. Shocking.
I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt.
You wore out whatever you had
Couldn't give a fuck about you anymore

Mourinho summed it up .Finals are not for playing in they are for winning,at the lane we spanked them that i am sorry to say was not going to happen again.Yes we looked the more flamboyant team ,but our overall lack of quality across the squad was exploited.There not bad players but in some cases they fall short,we have made some bad buys and some are part of this squad.The nucleusis is there let,s hope levy backs poch in the summer.His philosophy seems close to BILL NICKS and not Mourinho,s .We can play entertain and win FINALS the spurs way .

Just lacked that cutting edge today up front. Can not fault any of the players, they gave it their all. I like what Poch is doing, 5 academy players in the starting line up, hopefully they learn from this and we continue to evolve under Poch with addtions in the next couple of transfer windows and the deadwood moved on.

As usual our support was the dogs canjoles, we have just gone 2-0 down and all you can hear is the Spurs support. Proud to be a Yid.

Not being funny mate but are you actually a Chelsea fan ?. If you are,:who did you support before Abramavich came along ? I'm genuinely interested to know

Always fun when you ask them about their 1995 striking line up of Paul Furlong and Mark Stein, they dont have a clue who you are talking about

Just bin the cunt already, christ!

Folks, if you've got to remove a band-aid, you do it in one motion, RIGHT OFF! We don't have to slowly suffer his troll bullshit droning on and on and on and on.

Just end it, and he'll slide back into the shadows and we'll probably never hear from him again.

Chelsea goals scored: 56
Tottenham goals scored: 41.

If you compare those two tables and don't see that we only have 3 threats, whereas Chelsea have several, then I'm not sure what you can see.

Huh?

We have 22, 11, 9 - top three.......they have 17, 13, 7.......so we are 5 ahead there........and then the next three highest of theirs are three players on 6 and ours three on 4........back to one ahead for them

Where are their "several more goal threats"?

Don't worry lads...Archway will keep us entertained for the next few months so big "finals" still ahead of us !

I'd like to find some positives about this mob, but we are 7th. Out of Europe. Out of FA Cup & have had some shocking performances & results this season.

I'd love to know how the current tripe is anyway better than last season's tripe or the season before ? Eternal circles and no closer to the edge or the middle. This problem is at boardroom down.

Going to Wembley, getting 2 or 3 meaningful shots on Target is NOT what Spurs are about. That's very disapointing & worse than losing. But I am sure to ENIC it's good enough. I would not criticise one of our players today, they all gave what they could, but they were not really good enough to be expected to compete with such a good side. But we are Tottenham Hotspur & really need to start acting like it from boardroom down.

Statistically, you're way off the mark (and I know how much jam heads like stats)

image.png

image.png

Still l loved the boyfriend thing - are you available? I really would like to fuck you up the arse.
The fact that you went to all that trouble with stats considering Im a new boy shows how much i have wobbled you and got under your skin.
I must repeat under your skin and not in it i know how much you love the boys.

Don't worry lads...Archway will keep us entertained for the next few months so big "finals" still ahead of us !

I'd like to find some positives about this mob, but we are 7th. Out of Europe. Out of FA Cup & have had some shocking performances & results this season.

I'd love to know how the current tripe is anyway better than last season's tripe or the season before ? Eternal circles and no closer to the edge or the middle. This problem is at boardroom down.

Going to Wembley, getting 2 or 3 meaningful shots on Target is NOT what Spurs are about. That's very disapointing & worse than losing. But I am sure to ENIC it's good enough. I would not criticise one of our players today, they all gave what they could, but they were not really good enough to be expected to compete with such a good side. But we are Tottenham Hotspur & really need to start acting like it from boardroom down.

The real problem is that we can not compete off the pitch with the likes of Chelsea when they can simply chuck any amount of money at a player. The Willian transfer is a great example.

The fact that you went to all that trouble with stats considering Im a new boy shows how much i have wobbled you and got under your skin.
I must repeat under your skin and not in it i know how much you love the boys.
No trouble.'Negotiate' means trying to reach an agreement BTW. So, what's it to be cowboy? Under or over?

Back
Top Bottom