Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Solid showing

Spurs a little unfortunate with the deflected goal but they did put themselves in a bad position on both goals

In the end , credit to Chelsea and their defense. Clearly got it right by focusing on Kane/Eriksen and forcing the rest to beat them. Spot on approach

What? :dawsonlol: Jesus, where do people like you come from? Trolling a Spurs board after a cup final loss? WTF?

I really can't tell between ultra negative Spurs fans and chav/arse trolls sometimes, we were the better team today but chavs won and used their greater experience and ability to be boring cunts on us.

While I am mad I am proud of the team, we can avenge this, COYS

That's fine, I realise this and accept it.

JDK said we had a young team. I said youth doesn't solve all your issues; we don't score enough goals. He rattles on about youth while throwing a tantrum. It doesn't matter how young they are or how much they will develop; we still don't have enough goals in our team and it's a weak squad.

Didn't realise saying we needed to buy players (And quality ones at that) was so controversial.
Not controversial at all. Just don't think we should question our defensive midfielders goal record when their primary job is to stop the other team. They had to stop Fabregas today and almost did. Also had Hazard and Willian buzzing about the and coped admirably.

Not everyone can weigh in with a hat-trick.

good game overall. Main thing I would have changed was townsend...belongs no where near our starting 11. Doesn't bring much of anything...arguably you can say he can run the touchline and whip a cross, but even then, he is too inconsistent to warrant that one trick.
AT is a fine option vs a lesser club. But vs a team of Chelsea's quality, not there yet

Well, that was disappointing but I don't feel as let down as I think I might've. Didn't expect a win in all honestly, but thought it was a fair crack. The only difference for me was between a young team and inexperienced coach and players and a coach who are used to stealing games to get trophies. All in all I don't think a season can be deemed a failure if you play in a cup final.

Anyhow, I see the melts are out in force, so I'll leave you lot too it. Gonna settle down for House of Cards.

That's fine, I realise this and accept it.

JDK said we had a young team. I said youth doesn't solve all your issues; we don't score enough goals. He rattles on about youth while throwing a tantrum. It doesn't matter how young they are or how much they will develop; we still don't have enough goals in our team and it's a weak squad.

Didn't realise saying we needed to buy players (And quality ones at that) was so controversial.
But you take so much pleasure in pointing out the negatives, that's what winds me up. And JDK JDK has forgotten more about Tottenham than you will ever know. People are hurting - and here you are rubbing it in.

Last edited:
I really can't tell between ultra negative Spurs fans and chav/arse trolls sometimes, we were the better team today but chavs won and used their greater experience and ability to be boring cunts on us.

While I am mad I am proud of the team, we can avenge this, COYS

If he's truly a negative Spurs fan instead of a chav he's even worse. Nothing but vinegar and incapable if recognising anything good cos he's so keen to brag about how shit he thinks we are.

V
SO YOU MULTI TASK,CLEVER GIRL.
_MG_4552.jpg
Is that Jamie Redknapp?

So, out of Townsend, Mason, Rose and Nabil who'd you reckons going to score the most goals? And here lies the issue.

You literally rambled on without even touching on the topic at hand. Yes, they will develop. Into world class players? I doubt even the most optimistic can hope for that.

Unless we can buy players who can score goals, we're fucked next year just like this year. By all means, have another emotional rant and disagree that a team with 1 striker needs more goals though.

Holding midfielders and Left backs don't need to score often. That's not a legitimate complaint. For Townsend, yeah sure. Of course we need to buy. Every team has to add in the summer, doesn't mean we don't have a legitimate foundation to build on.

I think several factors:

1) We sensed blood after spanking them 5-3.
2) Matic suspended.
3) We're a better team now than under Arry, AVB, Timmy.
4) KANE.

Then again, maybe a little fatigue from Fiorentina mid-week crept in, despite the rotation.

Some good points raised but we was always going to lose as we had nothing to beat them with.

Back
Top Bottom