Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City (Home) 21st Mar 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the problem is that Levy looks at the manager like a corporate employee. He sets a target and expects, almost as if he has a "well, I've given you some players so make it happen" attitude. But he doesn't seem to appreciate that DaVinci didn't paint the Sistine Chapel with only a toothbrush.

Haha brilliant perfect way of looking at it. I don't why fazio, benji are here if they are not Pochs choices and not first 11.

A good summer will be selling 7-8 'deadwood' and buying just 2 top quality players who can make an impact not 4-5 average players who will sit mainly on our bench. You only have to look at Kane to see what one top player can do to a team.

Agree on the Baldini thing, what a bunch of signings that man has got us.

Problem is our model of signing players is to go for cheap bargains then wonder why Benji ain't as good as Schneiderlin. Until Levy accepts that we need to pay that bit more for quality as its quality that gets you top 4 we will go round in circles on managers and players.

You don't scout well enough or arent willing to spend that bit extra don't be surprised to end up with duds.

Our position has changed further more as we have lots of young players coming through so signing average players will also impede their development. We need to change our purchasing model.
fairy-liquid.jpg

Wing play was poor. Though we knew that going into the game and hopefully we will address in the window.

Kane / Eriksen was great.

Rose great again.

Rest of the defence was an absolute shambles. Walker was straight up gash. Seems we have brought in a centre half. Hopefully some more movement in the window can strengthen us there.

I enjoyed Paulinho when he came on. Didn't think I would be saying that.

I agree a total mess apart from Jan in God mode for 10 mins towards end, Walker had me really pissed off and I rarely lose my rag at all

There is no protection for them at all, that doesn't help, the mid 2 were culpable too today in general play

We've got the 16th worst defense in the league, conceding 45 goals in 30 games.

Liverpool have conceded 30.
Southampton 21
United 26
Woolwich 31.

Looking at those numbers tells you how far behind our defense is. It's needed sorting out all season, never mind now. That's 6 goals in the past 2 games alone. Worrying.
YOUR NEVER VERY GOOD WITHOUT
kompany-460013.jpg

Chadli & Townsend
> They offer next to nothing defensively
> They ruin build up plays most of the time
> They never create goal scoring chances
> They thrive on losing possession
> Their work rates are poor
> They are our weakest links at the moment
> They are both likely to start next game

What a pillock Pearson is. First things first, if he was a decent coach maybe he would be able to send out a team that had a bit of variety in play, which would give them a greater chance of success. Long balls into channels, flick on's to wingers or strikers etc etc, we have seen it all time & again with 2 bob teams and frankly when you can't adapt your style your fucked. Bye bye Leicester.

Second, the ref today more than helped Leicester. They had loads of free kicks in and around 30 yards of our goal, for mostly 50/50 challenges, but they simply were not good enough to do anything other than lump in & hope ( see point 1 )

Moving on to US....we simply can not defend. When a whole unit is not working I don't know what the answer is, but it's getting comical.

Also, the drop in tempo between 30 minutes & 70 was scary, Paulhino played well & got the team moving forward again, other than that very little positives. Jan's tackle second half and Rose in first were class, but what were they doing in a position where they needed a last ditch tackle ?

65 or 66 points for this season & that's that

Don't think you can blame the manager for some serious limitations with our sqaud. Hard to judge a man when he doesn't have the right tools at his disposal and in this case some seriously underperforming individuals.
I think it's very easy to blame Poch, as month after month he is showing a serious lack of judgement. I'm most annoyed at the stupid way we prepared for Wembley by taking all our players to Italy. I was furious about our no show at OT, and today was embarrassing.
We have players we could play who are better than Chadli for example, such as Dembele or Stambouli. What's happening with Fazio? Why are we so pathetic at defending? Is the 'high line' a good idea from Poch, doesn't look like it, as SIX goals fly past us in the last two games.

Incidentally, people had no problems attacking Sherwood when he had far less 'preparation time' than Poch.

Not that I would attack Poch in the shameful way that so many attacked Sherwood.

I think it's very easy to blame Poch, as month after month he is showing a serious lack of judgement. I'm most annoyed at the stupid way we prepared for Wembley by taking all our players to Italy. I was furious about our no show at OT, and today was embarrassing.
We have players we could play who are better than Chadli for example, such as Dembele or Stambouli. What's happening with Fazio? Why are we so pathetic at defending? Is the 'high line' a good idea from Poch, doesn't look like it, as SIX goals fly past us in the last two games.

Incidentally, people had no problems attacking Sherwood when he had far less 'preparation time' than Poch.

Not that I would attack Poch in the shameful way that so many attacked Sherwood.

3 days before the cup final. You either leave half your first team back home whilst you, the manager, go abroad with the second string and have no way of training or prepping the first string for the weekend.

Or you take everyone and, quite sensibly, rest a few key players and hold a training session with everyone whilst in Italy before flying home. It's a flight to Italy, not Australia for fuck sake. I do spain to UK door to door in 4-5 hours. And I don't have a private chartered plane.

Chadli & Townsend
> They offer next to nothing defensively
> They ruin build up plays most of the time
> They never create goal scoring chances
> They thrive on losing possession
> Their work rates are poor
> They are our weakest links at the moment
> They are both likely to start next game

Chadli has 8 goals and 5 assists in 1805 mins in the PL. Second only to Kane, with a huge margin to the next best AM. He's also much more comfortable in position than the likes of Lamela and Townsend (and Eriksen, imo). Add to that that he has a much more impressive presence in the box on set pieces.

He's a vital part of the first team.

But ye, he didn't have his best game today, and he hasn't really reached the same level as We saw before his personal tragedy and injury.

We're is the leadership on the pitch, who kicks backsides when the chips are down, we have young talent but where is the steady head, how frustrating was that today Cocks ! COYS

Chadli has 8 goals and 5 assists in 1805 mins in the PL. Second only to Kane, with a huge margin to the next best AM. He's also much more comfortable in position than the likes of Lamela and Townsend (and Eriksen, imo). Add to that that he has a much more impressive presence in the box on set pieces.

He's a vital part of the first team.

He was until his father passed away. Since then he has - understandably- struggled. Right now he doesn't play as himself. Definitely see a future for him here but for Burnley maybe he should be rested

You just did. You better know better , y bet

Back
Top Bottom